Top Things to Do in Kásos, Greece
Things to Do in Kásos
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Travelling from Kasos by a small boat and after 25 min we saw one of the best sandy beaches of Greece. Armathia is a real treasure, a very small remote island some times difficult to reach due to winds and waves, with no water or natural shadows.
One of the best sandy beaches of Aegean Sea ...if you spend time in Karpathos or Kasos islands (Dodekanessa) don’t forget to visit Armathia beach.Written 2 September 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had written about Ellinokamara a year ago and there has not been any change or improvement. The detour to Agios Minas cave chapel is still the best.
But this time I became aware of a building at the end of the village of Agia Marina towards Elllinokamara, which didn't strike me as a regular home. It turned out to be a small, family run cheese factory and we were very welcome to have a look at it. After putting on some plastic cover over our shoes, we could watch a mother with son and daughter producing 'Graviera', a hard yellow cheese, 'Sitaka', a buttery cream, an important ingredient of the local cuisine, as well as excellent yoghurt. We were offered to try all of it. Naturally all products are also for sale.
So the hike to Ellinokamara is still great, thanks to the views, the Agios Minas cave and the Tirokomeio (cheese dairy).Written 2 June 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took this trip from Karpathos to get a glimpse of Kasos island and armathia beach as we heard from locals in Karpathos at a cost of 20 euros per person. Same was also verified through the phone. Armathia beach is located at an island close to Kasos port something like 20 minutes trip. We left at 09:45 from Karpathos. After a hard and bumpy ride we arrived at 11:20 at Kasos. The boat was leaving at 13:00 for Armathia. We had less than 2 hours at Kasos port and we practically saw nothing. At 13:00 we left for Armathia beach and then we where informed that we had to pay extra 20 euros per person. It was beautiful but windy and we stayed there for 3 hours. Then we returned to Kasos port with immediate departure for Karpathos. We returned at around 18:30.
The boat was beautiful and clean. A family business which is an honest effort as this boat is a local enterprise for Kasos and must be supported. The crew was professional and polite.
Unfortunately the trip was a disaster. It is not worth it to do it from Karpathos. We spent almost four hours going up and down the islands with heavy nausea due to the bad weather and spent only one hour in Kasos and three hours at the Armathia beach.
We were not informed about the extra 20 euros for the Armathia trip and we were not offered any water or snack. There were free umbrellas though which should be mentioned. It is good to take the trip only to Kasos from Karpathos with 20 euros per person and at least to get to see the island for like 5.5 hours. Guys if you are seeing this, we love you we want to support you but most of all we need to have fun during our vacation and it is your job to make this happen with a value for money policy. Cheers.Written 14 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kásos
- The top attractions to visit in Kásos are: See all attractions in Kásos on Tripadvisor
Kásos Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 6:07 pm|