Ski & Snow Tours • Nature & Wildlife Tours
- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
9 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Great fun! This was one of the highlights of our Lapland trip. The host was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable about huskies. We thoroughly enjoyed the ride, the chat and the afternoon tea. Hope to be able to come back soon!Written 20 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We went on the 5 km express run with my family, it was an amazing experience. Good to see how they enjoy what they are doing and how well the dogs are treated.:)Written 15 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I have traveled to 76 countries and 7 continents, and this ranks among my all time favorite travel experiences.
First of all, the meeting place at the reindeer farm is located in a beautiful area— a real “middle of nowhere” vibe, in the best possible way.
My friend and I did the reindeer/ice fishing/snow-shoeing combo. I didn’t see this trio combined by any other outfitter.
Petra, our leader, is a real gem. She’s got a fantastic sense of humor and banters effortlessly with her guests. The entire program was perfect— nothing lasted too short or too long. Everything was just the right amount of time. Lunch was delicious too!
The reindeer are beautiful!! Sledding through the majestic winter surroundings was surreal, and something I’ll always remember. An absolutely magical experience.Written 27 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Erwan was a great guide. You can tell he has a lot passion and great knowledge about the nature in Lapland. He was very adaptive and chose the perfect route for my very first snow shoeing hiking. The nature he showed me through the tour was absolutely stunning. It was definitely the highlight of my trip and I highly recommend his tours for anyone interested in exploring the natures in Kittilä.Written 22 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Firstly the chartered BA trip was fine, no problems complimentary drinks and meals on the way out, complimentary drinks and sandwiches etc., on the way back.
When we arrived we had the number of the coach we were to take and Lee was waiting for us, transfers speedy, also a quick stop to pick up snow gear on the way.
Approximately one and half hour trip to the hotel, but kids entertained all the way, we had a meal and were told to meet up at 9.45 next morning. Kids were able to toboggan in the snow outside the hotel with sledges provided.
There were a lot of snow activities in the next two days which included the reindeer ride which was magical and the husky rides, and meeting the newest addition to the husky litter the children were allowed to stroke the 9 day old.
We found Santa in his house which was amazing even for adults absolutely magical, the elves were on hand at all times to entertain the children even far out in the fields as we journeyed in the coach.
Our guides were amazingly helpful especially Lee who worked so hard to give everyone a magical experience, at every stop there was hot berry juice to drink, and food provided.
Possibly one criticism was the return journey was chaotic at the airport we arrived there some two hours plus , and the place was heaving, very few places to sit, most uncomfortable.
Would I recommend this holiday for the kids absolutely our two grandsons had the best time ever, and sometimes people forget this is the reason we were here, if at times sleeping arrangements, food , were not to our liking what did it matter, still a magical experience, and well arranged everything fell into place.
Kids ids wereWritten 20 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had such a wonderful time with Kimmo, Olavi, and Paula. Kimmo and Paula are wonderful hosts, catering to our every need. Before we even arrived, Kimmo and Paula were busy coming up with an itinerary that would work the best for our family (an outdoorsy husband, a craft-and-food-loving wife, and two energetic boys with picky palates). Each meal was absolutely excellent (and to tell you the truth, I was rather surprised, since I had originally thought that Finnish food was supposed to be rather bland). We went snowshoeing, to a reindeer herd, sledging around Kaukonen, and we learned how to make Finnish treats like Pulla bread! I also was able to weave a beautiful table runner that I got to take home with me...talk about an amazing souvenir. Although we would spend hours a day with Paula, Kimmo, and Olavi, we never felt like we needed "alone" time. They were so warm and we talked about several things ranging from world events to Finnish culture to podcasts. So, yeah, this was one of my favorite trips I have ever taken. And the cherry on top of this beautiful sundae? Our very own private sauna!!! Go to mummola travels for an incredibly rewarding experience.Written 22 April 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- people of Mettanvaki are nice and their agenda of activities great. They are interested in keeping the visitors engaged with the activity. The guides are locals and kind and they share with travellers very insightful tips and information about the culture of the locals. Highly recommended travel services!Written 4 February 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kittilä
- These are the best places for groups seeking tours in Kittilä:See more tours for groups in Kittilä on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for tours in Kittilä:See more tours for adrenaline seekers in Kittilä on Tripadvisor