Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins
Top Attractions in Limassol City
Admission tickets from S$44.00
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We visited this site after visiting the better known site in Paphos (Kato Paphos Archeological Park) and preferred this one. There are not as many impressive mosaics, but almost the whole site is yours to explore., meaning you can get up close to the ruins, walk across the actual stones that once made up the town square, and get some great photos up close.
There are also the remains of a series of bath houses.
However, again the site is pretty exposed so if you are visiting when its really hot bring a hat or umbrella otherwise you will melt.
The site is very close to the beach at Episkopi which is worth a visit to cool down after working up a sweat walking around this vast site.Written 9 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Saturday 8th October and we walked along the Molos, the Promenade in the City. This palm tree lined walkway which stretches for 1.2 kilometres along the seafront.
It is flanked by the Sculpture Park on one side and the sea on the other. We did find ourselves popping in and out if the Sculpture Park to look at the sculptures.
Along the way as well as cafes and restaurants there was a children's playground, public toilets, exercise equipment and a number of water features, not forgetting the juice bar in the shape of an orange
A number of wooden decked walkways and jetties jut out into the sea which double up as viewing points along the Promenade and out to sea. There are plenty of benches to rest up on or simply sit and watch people passing by.
At the far end of the Promenade, by the Cultural Wave Sculpture, there are views further down the coast towards Deniz Yolu beach and 28 October Avenue.
Having walked to the end of the Promenade we crossed over and walked back towards Limassol Marina, along Spyrou Araouzou, the road parallel to Molos. This was rather disappointing as we found it to be all a bit run down and decapitated, when compared with the wonderful Molos.Written 8 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- During a short break from work, we visited the Fasouri along with family & friends!
We firstly said we will stay there only 2 hours, we finally left the place around 20.00pm before closing!
Lots of fun and low rates for all!
Thank you guys! We will be back!Written 13 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The place to be! Summer all year long!
Newbuilt properties and amazing restaurants to enjoy brunch / lunch / dinner!
Loved it!Written 13 January 2023
- Castle was good, the man on the entrance was very nice. Had some old things to look at inside, not that big.Written 22 May 2022
- When we arrived we thought it would be a smallish venue however when you get inside there are so many cars!
It was nice to see a large variety of vehicles all old, new and inbetween!
The owners were super friendly and happy to answer any questions you had. Yea/coffee/juice had been provided at the end :)
Would recommend the trip there to take a look around! You can also hire some for weddings or special occasions 🏼Written 8 January 2023
- loved this place.
its completely empty but worth seeing
I didn't go to the top unfortunately as there was no handrail on the winding stair.
Even from the second floor there were really good views of the areaWritten 23 October 2022
- Visited here to cool off after a trip to Kourion Archealogical Park.
The beach itself is not that impressive, quite stony and there was some building work going on whilst we were there. But it was quiet and what made it stand out was the sea, we spent ages wave jumping. Probably not enough to surf, but great fun.
I wouldn't go out of my way to come here, but if you are in the area its worth an hour so or of your time.Written 9 January 2023
- It was nice to find this Cathedral in Limassol open to the public and without having to pay a charge to enter, as you often have to in England. Very impress in many ways , but a shame there was no literature in various languages telling you about the building and its historyWritten 18 December 2022
- I went there for my sons graduation. I was nice place to be for that. People were really professional hosts. And the after party was next door, at 7 seas club. Great food and a variety of drinks. And I found a parking spot in front of it. So I highly recommend!Written 13 July 2022
- I went to the shelter in September 2022.
I cannot help but praise the volunteers who manage this facility and offer a shelter for the stray cats in the Limassol area. All the cats are neutered and vaccinated. Visitors are welcome and, in case you visit the shelter - which I recommend especially if you love cats - please wear cheap long trousers and long sleeve shirts because the cats are friendly and often welcome visitors by "climbing" them.
If you decide to visit the shelter and are not a local, the best option is to use a rented car or a tax: the nearest bus stop is in Asomatos and from there you need to walk ca. 2-3 km (ca. 1.2 - 1.7 miles) in a road not very suitable for pedestrians - on top of that buses stop in Asomatos only few times a day and just two times on Saturdays and on Sundays.
In case you go, please give some money and/or some donations in-kind as every contribution is helpful to keep the shelter running.Written 9 October 2022
- It is the only mall in Limassol. I'm from Moscow, so I used to a lot of huge malls. I was really shocked that one of the largest cities in Cyprus has only one) But it's the ok mall, it has a nice good court and many stores.Written 28 November 2022
- These gardens provide a pleasant break from the beach. Some good play areas for children’ and plenty of benches to sit on.Written 25 October 2019
- the zoo used to house large animals many years ago when I was a kid, in tiny pathetc cages. sincethen it has changed, the large animals were taken to better sanctuaries in other countries and the zoo now houses smaller animals and the enclosures do not have bars but are actually nice open spaces. The birds of course are still in a closed space. The zoo also helps the highly endangered Cyprus vulture with a breeding program and the same with the rare sweet water turtleWritten 13 May 2021
- Visit the shopping mall and it bursts into a family fun day out. Comes complete with ice rink, children’s rides, as well as shops of all sorts including restaurants. A whole day out in one visitWritten 24 February 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Limassol City
- The best day trips from Limassol City according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Day Trip: Limassol and Kourion from Paphos
- Surf and Turf Full Day Jeep & Boat Combination Tour from Limassol
- Full Day Tour in Paphos: Trip To The Past
- Troodos 4x4 Safari from Limassol
- Salamis Ancient Kingdom and Famagusta from Limassol
Limassol City Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 1:13 PM|