Top Attractions in Grantown-on-Spey
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- opportunities to see birds typical of the area eg crested tits, crossbills, as well as red squirrels, deerWritten 7 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A really cute place for lunch. Very friendly staff and nice food.
Only improvement i would say would be to cater more for gluten and dairy free visitors, only option really was chips and possibly the soup? The sandwiches didn’t have a GF option which would be easy.
Really enjoyed our visit and would recommend for lunch.Written 2 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great little museum - lots of interesting exhibits - even our 8 year old was reading the display panels (which he doesn’t usually want to do), dressing up area great (we all had a go at this 😊) and museum staff really welcomingWritten 12 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I went on the Gorge Walking experience. Our guides were Katie and Finlay, who were both very capable, likeable and trustworthy. The day became very fun very quickly and we even had time to repeat some of the sections. The water was cold but the wetsuits did a great job of keeping us warm.
The ascent was great fun, the descent even better.
Highly recommendedWritten 7 September 2022
- Impressed by the window display, I ventured inside - to find a wonderful haven of books. Character, charm & charisma greeted me! It may be a small shop, but it has a heart as big as Scotland. I loved it! A must-visit if you’re in Grantown. Love books? You’ll love this shop!Written 28 April 2022
- We had an amazing day with John Halliday as he took us to 6 whisky distillers for tastings. He also recommended a great restaurant for lunch with gluten free options. Certainly a highlight of our trip to Scotland.Written 25 September 2022
- Such a great spot to stop for a drink or a bite to eat. Great coffee and great scones that 100% have of be tried by all! Lots of drinks and cakes options!Written 31 October 2021
- We had an absolutely wonderful day with Callum. He took us to 3 separate whisky distilleries (Glenfiddich, Cardhu, and MCCallan) in addition to a lovely spot at Craigellachie Bridge for an additional dram. We had a lovely lunch and additional whisky at The Highlander Inn. We would absolutely recommend anyone tour Speyside with Callum. He is so knowledgeable, as well as friendly and easy to talk to. It was a great way to celebrate our anniversary!Written 14 September 2022
- My husband and I booked a daylong tour with Connor through our stay at Haus Alba. We visited 4 distilleries and also had lunch at a nice local pub. Connor was so accommodating in building our itinerary and very knowledgeable about whisky and the best local distilleries! The Range Rover was new and sparkling clean. Water and snacks were also provided. We thoroughly enjoyed our tour of Speyside!Written 2 October 2022
- A great way to spend a rainy day in Grantown.
We spent WAY over our allotted time perfecting our Art.
We enjoyed every minute and Steph & John could not have been more friendly and helpful. My 2 girls aged 4 & 6 wanted to forgo their cycling trip the next day to go back to Smarty Art!! Thanks for your patience and excellent hospitality xxxWritten 22 July 2019
- Great location, fantastic views of the Scottish Highlands and a terrific venue to play your golf in. It's a great place for a viCracking golf course for all level of Golfers which we found in immaculate condition, from the lush fairways to true and well cut greens and tees. Extremely friendly staff who gave fantastic service, including the Professional who bent over backwards to help, no task for him was too difficult. I'll be back next year and I would strongly recommend visitors who are in the area to drop in, with or without your club's.Written 26 September 2021
- We had last visited prior to the electrical fire and we were not disappointed. A lovely garden centre with a nice cafe and lovely gift shop too. My hubby enjoyed his cake. 4 star rating given as coffee was bland. We travel around the uk a lot and generally rate places on their coffee! Best coffee was at Rothiemurchus, Aviemore, 5 out of 5. We spent a bit of money at the Speyside Centre and will be back. Would be nice if they could get a wee antique shop back on too.Written 28 September 2022
- I enjoyed the walk from grantown east along the spey river and into grantown on spey. Marcus tells some interesting stories about the bridges, buildings and histories of the people and origins of the area. He is also very knowledgeable about the plants growing in the area and uses for these. The walk was well worth doing and an interesting one for anyone to take part in.Written 7 July 2022
- If you are looking for a unique vintage keepsake to bring home from your trip or a gift for your bestie. This is the place to shop!!Written 14 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Grantown-on-Spey
- The best day trips from Grantown-on-Spey according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- GHD Clan Tour of Speyside Distilleries
- Full-Day Private Tour: Speyside Whisky Trails
- Full-Day Private Speyside Malt Whisky Trail Tour from Grantown-on-Spey
- The most popular things to do in Grantown-on-Spey with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Anagach Woods
- Craggan Outdoors
- The Bookmark Bookshop
- Grantown East: Highland Heritage & Cultural Centre
- The High St. Merchants