What travellers are saying
- Best thing we did in Avila Beach. Rented bikes and did the entire trail - it's a beautiful ride with only a few little hills.Written 6 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fully restored lighthouse available by tour only. Make reservations in advance on their website. The fee for the tour is around $25/person. Fees go to maintenance and upkeep of the site. Tours are led by volunteers. Beautiful location right on the shore. Very informative.Written 1 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- fun beach for kids...swings and slide...shell finding...weather always great at avila...clean and fun...always a great stop at the beachWritten 29 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's old, it's not fancy, and for $8 pp it was great. We swam in the big pool, and soaked in the mineral springs pool, while enjoying good conversation with the locals on a Wednesday morning. Use caution in the mineral springs pool. It is heated to 104 degrees and has a distinct sulfur smell. Make sure you have a water bottle nearby and listen to your body. We arrived around 10:30 and left at noon. An hour and a half was just about right. The changing rooms are open. Bring your own towel.Written 2 May 2021
- This is a small two room aquarium with many interesting and informative exhibits. There are hands on exhibits for kids of all ages directed by knowledgeable docents. Feeding times are posted so you can plan your visit accordingly. There is a small gift shop. The aquarium is open Tuesday through Sunday from 10 AM until 4 PM. Fees are reasonable with discounts for seniors.Written 15 August 2019
- This beach is tucked away from the general public. You will find mostly locals hanging out. You might also find a nude sun bather. We hiked the trails around the beach and it had beautiful views of rocky cliffs hanging over a sandy beaches. Parking is limited so arrive early in the day.Written 13 January 2022
- First of all, this is on the “Boardwalk” of Avila Beach, not the barn/farm complex nearer the freeway as some photos show. That being said, it’s a small, delightful block-long market with several food stalls, as well as produce, eggs, jewelry, art, etc offered for sale. The free entertainment was enjoyable and quite well received by the large crowd. The views of the beach while we walked, shopped and ate were enchanting.Written 7 August 2022
- A very enjoyable tasting room, and the wine too!
A definite place to return to, highly recommend, for a low key visit.Written 8 April 2022
- Child friendly and amazing wine. Highly recommend this place especially the Barbera. Friendly owners. You should definitely make a visit here.Written 5 August 2018
- It was a great view but while walking out, I kept my eyes down and my hand on my phone. There's some big gaps between the well worn boards. The pier was closed off before the end but some folks were able to fish. Cute town.Written 17 June 2022
- My girlfriend is a huge wine snob (and I appreciate her passion) so I get to go all over California and taste wine. Most wineries you love one or two wines but Morovino wines were all world class. We were the only ones in the tasting room so we talked with David and Andrea the entire time and understand there passion for quality wines. If your anywhere near Avila Beach it's a must stop winery! But pay attention David has a nack for "photo bombing" customers!Written 7 February 2018
- Off leash dog beach in a super setting with the pier to your left and boats in the bay. Flat beach with easy access down a cement ramp. Parking along PCH.Written 30 August 2021
- We didn't expect to stay long but ended up sampling several wines and buying only a few of the many we wanted. We found our server to be most friendly and helpful about the area. Well worth the stop.Written 12 January 2022
- I found the Libertine while out for a walk around the first of June. Being a craft beer enthusiast I went inside was greeted by a knowledgeable bar tender who was helpful and friendly. I followed her advice and had an enjoyable experience. A nice side note is they still spin vinyl and will play the customers choice.Written 12 July 2021
- Prints and paintings limited by their wall space, have a LOT more jewelery and that sort of thing, very nice items overall. Worth a stop.Written 15 February 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Avila Beach