- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Another family outing, but this time in the Pacific Flyer! Our son and his family from Dublin Ohio were in town and we wanted to enjoy the sailing experience with Captain Mark, that we had a few years ago with our daughter and her family from So Cal. He advised that the sailing experience was replaced by the Pacific Flyer which was a more efficient way to enjoy the whales. What an incredible experience it was. We did have the benefit of great weather and the morning boat ride created memories for our grandsons that will last a lifetime. Captain Mark was very informative about the whales, sea lions, various birds and sea otters. Our two grandsons aged 9 and 10 were completely engaged with his narratives and sharing information about the boat and its’ fish finding equipment, etc. It’s an incredible 2 hour experience.Written 4 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Really terrific! Helpful and pleasant staff. Beautiful bay with lots of wildlife to view. Easy and perfect experience.Written 11 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We did a Harbor tour with Captain Michael in March. We were a group of five. This was a great time. Captain Michael was sooo much fun and very knowledgeable. It was a gorgeous day and there was so much laughter on this boat. I would highly recommend this to others. Hoping to take the Whale Watching tour in the future.Written 10 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Service was The Best of the Best. Bike was fantastic.
They have a great variety of bikes, and the bikes are in top-notch condition. The guy gave me a good safety and bike operation briefing before I took off.
One of the things I love about the bikes is that they have a strong gripping phone holder.
If you're in Avila Beach, this bike rental shop is a must.Written 5 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This was a great experience for my 8 year old niece! She had never surfed and was nervous about wearing a wet suit - and sharks. The crew was friendly and professional from start to finish. They helped fit her in a wet suit and had her standing up on her first attempt! The staff were incredible with the kids, especially Jada. Her encouragement for each surfer helped them build confidence and keep on paddling out! Highly recommend and we'll be back!Written 12 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I have had the pleasure of Whale Watching with Lee more than once. I have always taken children with me who have also enjoyed the experience. Not only does Lee know his stuff, he goes out of his way to make sure that everyone is comfortable. I have sent many people his way, and I'll do it again, and again. Can't wait for my next trip with Seaweed Express and Captain Lee.Written 16 October 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We took a short walk around the area and I found it to a very pleasant and peaceful place to walk. Check out the sunset or being your boat.Written 10 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had such a great time. Went with another couple and enjoyed the boat ride and the nibbles and wine on the sea. Saw whales and a beautiful sunset...breathtaking and the captain was delightful!Written 14 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our 8 year old children did lessons last year and had a great time. When we returned to the area this year our 9 year old son did another lesson and it was fantastic. He was up and riding like a pro and had a great time. Would absolutely recommend them!Written 6 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Went with my two adult boys last month (October) and had a whale of a good time. Caught enough Cod to hit our limit and have to tell you - was just a great time. Patriot was organized and helpful from siging it to filleting the fish for us. My daughter and wife bought us gift certificate from last Christmas and hope they do the same this year. Tough to get the boys together when all are working but we found the time. Stayed in San Luis Obispo. Caught a 7pm departure on the Patriot. Couple of heads-up... 39 on the boat. It was crowded by the boat hit its limit early soknow you can still get some delicious cod. Mostly rock... 3-4 lbs. I'd say. We froze them and will have a family fish fry. Oh - you can buy a day license and tackle at the dock through PSF. You can also get some snack on the boat but you may want to bring some water and snacks on your own (hence the four-star). To have them fillet on the boat is $20/bag. Saved me the time so I was ok with it. My dad taught me to gut a fish but at my stage of life the price was fine. You get your own burlap bag on the boat so they can keep trsck of your count. All-in-all super fun 6 hr. trip and it was a beautiful day weather wise.Written 4 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We took an 11 mile round bike tour of the Avila Beach area, partly along the Bob Jones Trail. We are a family of five with three older kids (19, 17 and 14), all used to cycling fairly long distances, so this, for us, was a bit of a pootle. That said, that's exactly what we had booked for, and the bikes were good road bikes and we didn't particularly dawdle - the pace of everything was set by us. We had Paul as our guide, he was full of interesting local knowledge and at ease with all of us. The tour included a stop for some wine tasting at a winery, a very pleasant interlude for me and my husband. The kids could have had a further cycle around with Paul while we were imbibing, but chose not to, as it was a lovely spot and nice and sunny. The picnic at the end was really delicious, and came with beer and wine too! We were picked up at 9.15am, and dropped back at about 2.30pm, so it was a full morning and more. As we were only in the area for one full day, it was the perfect way to spend it and get the feel of a place with limited time available. All in all a great trip for us.Written 11 August 2013This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Avila Beach
- These are the best places for couples seeking tours in Avila Beach:See more tours for couples in Avila Beach on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking tours in Avila Beach:See more tours for groups in Avila Beach on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous tours in Avila Beach:See more adventurous tours in Avila Beach on Tripadvisor