Top Attractions in Aspen
What travellers are saying
- This wad probably my 25th time to hike here, and it's always just as beautiful whether spring, summer, or fall. There used to be a very interesting narrative on the bus driving up, but that has gone by the wayside. Bring your camera!Written 9 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Highway 82 between Aspen and Breckenridge lands you on the highest point of the Continental Divide at 12, 096 feet. The air is clean, but I will say we had slight headaches coming from Aspen at 9800 feet.
Gorgeous views! Take the time to walk out to view the miles of breathtaking mountains.Written 12 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A very tranquil walking path that is both interesting and peaceful. Easy for all ages, mostly shaded.Written 9 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great experience. You need to reserve a free online shuttle and park at the Aspen Highland Parking Deck $6/hour--$40 max day. We hiked to the Crater Lake (ROCKY) (preferred/less crowded) and the smaller Maroon Bells Lake-CROWDED. Very accommodating. Very organized to hand the larger crowds.Written 18 August 2022
- A wonderful ride up Aspen Mountain to a playground that’s great for all ages.
You can play Jenga, Bags, Chess, Checkers, climbing for the kids as well as a sand pit with toys.
There is morning yoga every day at 10:30 and a yummy restaurant at the top as well.
The views are also spectacular! And you can see 5 14-ers from the restaurant deck.
The ride down is just as fun as the town of Aspen is at your feet.
$33 per person for a 2 way ride.Written 1 September 2022
- We had a wonderful and joyous wedding at T Lazy 7. Julie and the events whole team were so easy to work with. They are true pros. There was no question in our mind that we wanted to get married outdoors in the TL7 meadow. We paired the beautiful meadow ceremony with a reception hosted in the Lodge. Our guests especially loved the cocktail hour which was hosted on the Lodge Lawn. Fire pits, cornhole and beautiful scenery. Many of our guests were from NYC, and they were blown away by the setting and authentic nature of the lodge. The TL7 team accommodated all of our design requests - we turned the lodge into a Boho Disco themed dance floor complete with disco balls, a champagne tower and glow sticks. I only wish I could do it all over again.Written 9 September 2022
- Started in Aspen, after visiting the John Denver Sanctuary, wonderful and peaceful.
The trail is very well marked, big hill just before Basalt, then some wide open views.
Bikers, walkers, runners on the trail.
Felt safe the whole way.Written 22 August 2022
- We enjoyed are day here, but it was not our favorite of the 4 mountains. We enjoyed skiing off the gondola, but after a few runs it felt like we had done everything we could do. The lodge at the gondola was very pretty with beautiful views and great service. Our main complaints was the skiing to the base at the end of the day, even on a weekday it was extremely busy and icy, not a fun way to end my day.Written 12 February 2022
- Out of the four mountains this is the best one to go with small children or anyone that is starting to learn how to ski.Written 11 April 2022
- About 2 hours round trip and heavy rocky paths. Not too kid friendly with all the rocks and boulders, but a great view at the top.Written 8 August 2022
- we have come here 4 times and absolutely adore the highlands. Great views while skiing amazing slopes. Love the face of oli.
Love all the different slopes and the feeing of wide open spaces. Great food and drinks mid mountain. Love the veuve cliquot - super glam. We also love the short or no lines!Written 21 April 2022
- We found the ice cave to be unique but also enjoyed scrambling through the crevices further up the trail. We visited on the weekend and had no trouble parking when we arrived but found the parking area full we we left.Written 28 July 2022
- This was an enjoyable walk through some old buildings - the inside of the saloon is also a museum (and could have used more light as in open windows so you could see the exhibits).
There is a $5 per person charge for admission and no dogs are allowed.
The River Run Trail also goes through the property and is beautiful and very peaceful.
This is a great place to spend an afternoon.Written 1 September 2022
- Rented E-Bikes and road up Castle Creek Road to eat at Pine Creek Cookhouse! Breathtaking views along the way! Just beautiful. Saw many riders both on regular bikes and e-bikes..Written 14 September 2021
- Very pretty with lots of shade. Not too much elevation. Nice views of the creek. Starts in town so no need to drive anywhere and park.Written 3 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Aspen