- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
19 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- My sister-in-law has a few pieces in her house from Galerie Maximillian so we just had to check it out when we were in town. Terrific collection from several artists. Highly recommend!Written 6 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- went there for first time. educated staff, helpful, bought two pieces of orig. art.Written 15 July 2006This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This gallery represents some interesting artists and has a variety of original works. I was impressed with some of the use of acrylics and glazing that really made some of the colors pop. The staff were helpful and willing to show the art under different lighting. They do not allow for photos which is a little old school, but certainly their prerogative.Written 15 February 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fanstastic, unique quirky shop in Aspen. Inside it's like a maze with one room opening up into another, each chock full of interesting and fun artsy nick nacks. The staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful, but my credit card could easily get into considerable trouble here. If you are looking for a genuine and cosy experience in Aspen, the emporium should be high on your list!Written 30 June 2021
- It was our first trip to Aspen/Snowmass and we were pleasantly pleased with this great, local bookstore. They had an incredible selection, warm staff and vibe, and fun little rooms throughout (upstairs too!) with different sections. We didn't try the cafe upstairs but were tempted. We were only in Aspen for a week but visited this store 3 times! Don't miss it!Written 27 March 2020
- Great to talk to the naturalist at the center and taking in the views of Castle Creek. Great selection of hand-woven rugs from Mexico. Trevor will share the background of each piece and especially describe the had carved works. Always worth a visit to Ashcroft and don't miss stopping in to the Catto Center.Written 28 September 2020
- We rented eBikes from Aspen Velo last weekend and Luke was very helpful and accommodating. His customer service is very good. If you plan to rent a bike and want to reserve in advance just call Courtney and she'll be happy to take your reservation!Written 1 October 2020
- I spent hours selecting an original Edward Curtis Print. It was a fantastic experience choosing the work. I was encouraged to look at as many photographs in the collection I liked. I had pictures spread out all over the cabinet. What I enjoyed most was how knowledgeable the owner was about the work. We discussed what was important to me when selecting art and she was very supportive. Definitely a highlight of my holiday.Written 11 February 2018
- The Raven Gallery is really a glass gallery with some paintings. The glass work is beautiful and comes from a variety of artists around the world. I give the gallery five stars because the owner/staff were very pleasant and informative. I had the sense they were going to treat me the same whether or not I was a serious buyer. These pieces cost in the tens of thousands so it is not a shop you want to mishandle the artwork.Written 14 February 2021
- All one has to do is enter the building, walk down the large central hallway, looking at the hanging art on both sides of the wall, and smelling the oil paint from the open doors that lead to the artists studio. At the end of the hall is the rehearsal hall for the Asen & Santa Fe Ballet Company, which perform year round, and especially over the Christmas Holidays when seasonal works are performed....a true magical experienceWritten 11 August 2019
- The Baldwin Gallery is a surprising large gallery with an upstairs and and downstairs. They tend to show the larger works most likely destined for a suitably sized home. Some of the art appealed to me and other works not so much. It is a fun browse and the gallery lets you walk around unfettered. The pricing is consistent with the pricing of the homes so this is not a place to obtain your trinket from your Aspen visit. However, if you are looking for upscale real art, this is one venue.Written 15 February 2021
- Great location next to the City Market (fabulous groceries), a really expensive meat shop ($420 for a 20 pound bone in Prime Rib), and a cheese shop.
They've got any type of booze you might want and a good selection of wine (all prices).Written 24 March 2020
- I don't know why the gallery is on Tripadvisor. Heather Gallery has closed. It was a treasure. specializing in American crafts. They dealt directly with the artists. No factory stuff.
They had an amazing collection of quality work. Everything from a child's wooden toy to a master craftsman dining set.
If rents weren't so high in Aspen, I would clone the Heather Gallery.Written 18 February 2015
- A visit to this store is absolutely required when you come to Aspen; I've enjoyed buying there since the 1970s. Unusual items are featured, of all values. The central theme is the owner's excellent taste and encyclopedic knowledge of what he carries. For example, you can buy an antique saddle or an old mining claim document or a miner's knife or a fancy cowboy hat. Inventory is constantly changing because much of it cannot be replaced.
The owner is known as "Curious George" and has been since long before any t.v. cartoon series. So how on earth can the previous reviewer give this store one star??? That's extremely unfair.Written 4 January 2017