- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
13 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Very laid back pub. Friendly, responsive staff and good beer selection. Limited menu but food is good. Reasonable prices. Convenient location in Zona 10.Written 17 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best time I had on Guatemala city,good music,cold beer and very intersting people!!! Its a MUST !!Written 9 April 2014This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a place within Cayala Complex, Cayala is very nice with a large colonial buildings with restaurants, stores, hotels and business center, Shotios is located near middle of the place, the place is very small, dont know how they can manage when they are in high season, it is just a long service table with holes in line where when ready bar tenders introduce the shots to be drink, shots are the great thing there and as far as I could check the only product available, they have plently of them, colors, rainbows, sizes, wow!! some are deliciuos, some other are weird, but flavour is the main justification to keep ordering new ones, but be carefull if you drink too much or too fast you can get to the point of "no return" rapidily spoiling your experience, i think they have may around 100 different choices, a lot, but I think it worth to visit while in GuatemalaWritten 18 June 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- great people, DJs, bartenders, electronic music and vibes! the bar next door Bajofondo is great too! drinks are cheap at both placesWritten 22 August 2016
- absoloutley great vibes flying round. the chicks are running in thickkk, boys thinner but still a necesity. over all lit joint.
42000000Written 12 November 2019
- Great ambiance in small tables that will keep the conversation close to your friend. Good music and cold Gallos. Luis the waiter was very nice and even walk out to say say good bye and curious why we were leaving after only one drink. Our response was that we definitely coming back we were just passing by taking pics of the beautiful arquitectura in Guatemala. He listed names of local artist to not miss and give us warm shake hands. Thank you Luis, we definitely see you soon.Written 4 October 2016
- ATMOSPHERE: Great pub atmosphere!
FOOD: Amazing fish and chips! You need to check this place out!! Good food and good vibes!Written 26 May 2018
- A well know nook in the fringes of Zona 10's zona viva, Bajo Fondo Funk is definitely never the same experience twice. With meeting different types people is inevitable, sublime musical selections and great drinks this place is a definite must if you're planning a night out on the town.Written 24 April 2016
- We were there for our last night during our 1-week stay. It was a really good spot for cocktails, and the appetizers that we had, were coming directly from Montano's (which is fantastic!).
Really good set of drinks and quality of liqueur.
Decoration is very nice, and the huge open windows do give you the breeze you need on a warm night.Written 4 March 2018
- What struck me at first glance, as a passerby, was the wide, wide opening of the place dead on the street; ten to twelve feet, if I am not in error. Whatever, it was impressive to me, the openness. Near closing time on a Saturday night I did not actually set foot inside; there being no need actually because outside and in were not demarcated. Among the six or eight people sitting in conversation in a half-circle at the threshold, two outside, were the owner and his chef. All were male except and attractive, kinda svelte young woman, who, like all the others were very receptive to my intrusion into their conversation clatch; very congenial, indeed. I could not take my off of or, in the least, could not keep them from returning too and focusing on a large, mostly orange and black mural on the back wall. I am guessing again as to size, but, I judge it to be 12 to 15 feet in total. The image which I could not take my eyes off of, though I knew her, I could not speak her name. I had to ask. "Angela Davis" came the answer from the bar owner and the artist who painted her in such an awesome manner. So it is that this is all that I can present here now. However, after being in Guatemala City for more than two years and a non-partaking alcoholic for close to four years, I will be back there tomorrow to taste of the chefs kitchen and hopefully find some of those English-speaking Guatemalan natives, who were so welcoming, so cordial to continue with different facets of what was begun several days past. No alcohol for me, for sure. I do not have that need. I do however have an urgent sense in me to get back to that oasis of friendship. ~Namaste, David Tecumseh Schmidt aka MuChunGe [Mandarin Chinese: A Poet Singing in Spring Rain]Written 3 September 2014