- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
What travellers are saying
- The textiles displayed in the museum are beautiful, alas one of the rooms was closed at the time of my visit. There were also some interesting videos showing local traditions to watch. I visited this together with the Popol Vuh museum just next door, it's a good package to absorb some Guatemalan culture (but having to chose would go for the Popol first).Written 13 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Small museum with a lot of history. Be ready to explore old trains, wagons, even presidential suites; all of which surrounded by 1940's train station.
The museum also has small gift shop, mostly "farmer's market" stores, drinks and food.
All of which can be done en 1 hour.Written 16 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you have some time to kill in Guatemala City, this is an informative place to do it. The cost is low, sometimes even free. There is a big map in the floor that shows you what the area used to look like.Written 3 January 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good to learn more about the money and coins of Guatemala, with some info about the history as well. Free to visit, nice exhibits and air-con, but no photos allowed inside.Written 7 December 2019
- Worth paying he small entrance fee, Mima offers a fascinating window on the life of its owners. The rooms are beautifully preserved and the courtyard is full of lovely blooming plants that attract tiny humming birds.Written 18 January 2019
- I was really curious about it, went to the address I had on Lonely Planet, but there was nothing there! I tried knocking on the door , still nothing. I asked people that work around, a police officer , and the hostel staff and they never heard about it!Written 18 October 2014
Frequently Asked Questions about Guatemala City
- These are the best places for budget-friendly speciality museums in Guatemala City:See more budget-friendly speciality museums in Guatemala City on Tripadvisor