Top Attractions in Copan Ruinas
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- The Copan ruins are the number 1 reason to come to Copan and they did not disapoint.
From the well kept grounds to the ruins themselves they were truly great. If you come to Copan and don't see them you have missed the point.
As far as practical information goes, I suggest arriving early as we got there at 9am and it was already quite hot.
Wear comfortable shoes, a hat, sunscreen, bug spray and do not forget water.
Not to much water though as the one drawback of the site was the restrooms. Neither the ones at the ruins themselves nor the museum even had working toilets and running water in the sink.Written 22 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Was in Copan visiting the Mayan Ruins and this place came highly recommended by another visitor. Having an extra day in the area we visited one morning and were lucky to be guided by the owner / founder, Lloyd Davidson - who turned out to be a fellow Tennessean like us! What Lloyd and his staff have been able to do with these beautiful creatures is amazing - highly recommended if you are in the areaWritten 23 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place absolutely blew us away in its scope and imaginative design. We've been to many commercial hot springs, which generally consist of a couple of ho-hum large pools sitting out in the open. But Luna Jaguar consists of multiple small pools of differing temperatures, plus optional mud scrubs, all tucked away on a meandering path you reach via a rickety suspension bridge over a clear stream. In the evening, there are colored lights that play off the rising steam--it's absolutely magical. It's an investment of time and energy to get there from Copan Ruinas, but totally worth it.Written 2 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- a beautiful place to be , go early in morning less people, and better for pictures, and of course the Heat is much bearable.Written 9 May 2022
- This was a cute tea and gift shop on very lovely grounds. One big plus is the staff did not rush or pressure you and we had plenty of time to enjoy our hot chocolate and tea.
I really enjoyed the hot chocolate but as I often find the regular variety overly sweet I suspect most people will want to add sweetener.
One thing I do wish is that there had been a bit of information regarding the different teas and chocolates and their production as I would have found that quite interesting.Written 24 June 2022
- Hundreds of wonderful statues, stelae and facades are displayed with explanations in Spanish and English.Written 29 January 2022
- Spending the day with Carlos was an unforgettable treat and a highlight of our time in Honduras: as the visionary third-generation owner of this large coffee plantation and cattle operation, he is an extraordinarily kind, knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide to this incredibly beautiful area and way of life. And his horses are fantastic--gentle enough for first-timers, but plenty energetic enough, with wonderful gaits, for experienced equestrians. The home-cooked lunch his mother served up was an absolute feast--hands-down the best meal we ate on our travels. We left not only with a tremendous appreciation of what it takes to raise coffee, cocoa, cardamom, cattle and horses in this rugged and beautiful country--but with a lifelong friend in Carlos. Ever grateful. He can sometimes be hard to reach but you can WhatsApp him at: 504-3288-6788.Written 2 May 2022
- all a must see, this is why coming to Copan makes the job!!
great place to see for Mayan culture adn sorroundingsWritten 9 May 2022
- This is a great little museum which has quite a few artifacts from the site with good explanations in both Spanish and English. Entrance is $3USD.Written 23 November 2019
- Interesting and beautiful. Colorful and very active with people coming and going. Small shops and place to pop into. Loads of bargains and very good for pictures.Written 22 February 2020
- Definitely walk around this whole place and take in the designs, architecture, and craftsmanship of this important place.Written 1 February 2020
- This site gives a visitor a chance to see archaeology in action. You see piles of stones that have been cataloged and staged for restoration as well as an active group excavating the site. Walking further into the ruins you see some of the restored area and still more places where restoration has yet to start.Written 11 February 2017
- this was a large place within the walking we did for the copan ruinas. we love the art work they did many many moons ago.Written 2 February 2019
- A work in progress. The area was built on a bad spot to build which led to collapses. There is some beautiful sculpture (see my photos). $3 entrance fee. Worth a half hour to walk through it. Be careful of the wooden bridge leading to the site (see my photo). The Hondurans don't believe in litigation; they believe in natural selection.....
This is a secondary site but a nice counter-balance to the huge Copan site.
If this review is helpful then please indicate so below.Written 13 March 2020
- Our family just visited the museum today and were pleasantly surprised. Some of the interactive displays don't work and there are spelling mistakes in some of the descriptions, however the our kids didn't mind and were thoroughly entertained. Worth a visit with younger kids.Written 22 April 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Copan Ruinas
- The best outdoor activities in Copan Ruinas according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Copan Ruinas on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Copan Ruinas according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Copán Archaeological Site Day Trip from San Salvador
- Day Tour Mayan Ruins of Copan from San Pedro Sula
- Full Day Tour : Copan Ruins an Amazing Mayan Site from San Salvador City
- 2 Days : Copan Ruins + Luna Jaguar Spa + Macaw Mountain Park
- Full-Day in Copan Ruins Tour