- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 47
What travellers are saying
- It’s a must visit for all tourists or at least for the ones in Bo phut area is a convenient walk. Full of Variety of restaurants, Thai , seafood , Italian, Japanese etc , shopping ,massage places and bars , many on the beach . There is a fire show on the beach in the evenings. Good value for money spent on food , massages .Written 18 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Huge Buddha on site and was visible as we were driving towards it. Ample parking outside the temple and there were lots of souvenir shops and stalls serving food around the temple.
The Big Buddha is located up a hill so you would need to climb a flight of stairs (probably a quarter of the steps compared to the Big Buddha at Lanma Island in Hong Kong) .
The temple compound around the Big Buddha provided excellent views around the bay.Written 29 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I spend about 6 weeks in Koh Samui every year and stay in an area that is fairly close to the beautiful Wat Plai Laem, so I visit the temple almost every day. This Wat area has three large temples, all situated on three different walkways over the water. There are no entrance fees. There are also other temple buildings on the land surrounding the entire complex. Sometimes a monk is sitting in an area close to the Laughing Buddha and he will give you a blessing in return for a small donation. Often, the Monk will wrap a woven bracelet around your left wrist at the end of the blessing. There are two areas where you can buy a small bucket of fish food for 10 Baht. There are a LOT of HUGE catfish and turtles swimming in the waters around the temples and it is fascinating to feed them. There are some tables and chairs situated in some shade under some trees that can be a nice place to get out of the sun. You must be sure that your shoulders are covered while visiting the temples (and the Monk). There is an area near the laughing Buddha where you can borrow a cover up in case you don't have one with you. There is usually someone selling some fruit and some basic food on a small cart near the area where the seating is. Well worth the visit.
It is also very close to the Big Buddha Temple so be sure to visit both temples! Wat Plai Laem in not commercialized so there are no shops to buy souvenirs where as at the Big Buddha Temple, there are many shops and a few food places. Wat Plai Laem is not as crowded as the Big Buddha Temple.Written 20 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Up in the quiet rainforest hills, the secret garden is a must visit. Stunning traditional Thai statues, little grottos. Lots if stairs and wonky steps to clamber over.Written 26 August 2023
- It is another very interesting place because there are various beautiful rocks located in Surat Thani Province, ThailandWritten 19 February 2023
- Well, outside of the Egyptian museums, I have never seen a mummified body before, and certainly not one that is only 49 years old! 2023 will be the 50th anniversary of the death of this monk, and it's certainly a unique experience!
I wouldn't say that it's an attraction you'd take your children to, but as an adult, I certainly had a morbid curiosity to see what all the fuss was about...the sunglasses are apparently there not to make the monk cool, but rather to cover up the fact that his eyes have obviously disintegrated!
There were some interesting "games" you could play while there, and some words of wisdom to discover as well as other artefacts.
It won't be a long stop here, but it's certainly something you should see while you're on Koh Samui.Written 10 June 2022
- It was as expected - a temple in Thailand!
I walked from our hotel on an extremely hot day.
I’m glad I went but I wouldn’t say don’t miss it. On the way back I had a delicious Tom yum at Samui kitchenWritten 6 June 2023
- The fish spa was fun to do. To get to the view point, the walk up was easy. Don’t be taken in by the counter lady who says it’s ‘v hard’ to convince you to pay for the unnecessary cable fees. Unless you have disabilities or have general walking difficulties, the walk up is easy and fuss free. The view is average and the cafe food is so so. But it’s still worth a short visit.Written 17 February 2023
- It's the end of the dry season so it was to be expected the water level would be very low...still worth coming though, coz the forest walk up there is very beautiful...the path is clear and easy enough...there is no entrance feeWritten 4 April 2023
- For the red temple, it has intricate carvings inside and outside, but it is really small (one hall). Have other sculptures and buildings outside as well but they don't look much different compared to other temples. It leads to a beach.Written 10 September 2023
- Laem Sor Pagoda : A religious place , beautiful sea , good weather ,calm shady. Have a chance to come again.Written 23 June 2022
- A small but interesting (very different from the Thai ones) temple. When visited during dusk, the service man there lights dragon statue eyes. Very atmospheric.Written 18 January 2020
- Here you can have some local food and coffee with nice views. There is a nice coffee shop opposite The templeWritten 11 February 2020
- Really cool. If you can get dropped of at the upper carpark, it makes the walk alot easier. Don't make the mistake of thinking the second one is the main one and walking up too it (what a mission)Written 13 February 2023
- We climbed the many steps to the temple and as the many photos show it’s an interesting place to visit. There are magnificent views from the terraces and you can even hear the surf coming over the reef - it’s very peaceful. Well worth a visitWritten 29 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Ko Samui
- These are the best hidden gems for sights & landmarks in Ko Samui:See more hidden gem sights & landmarks in Ko Samui on Tripadvisor