- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- I recently rented a scooter from Ian Bike & Car Rent while vacationing in Koh Samui and was very pleased with the experience. The scooter I rented was in excellent condition. The staff was very friendly and helpful in getting me set up with the right scooter for my needs. Overall, I was highly satisfied with the quality of the rental scooter and the great service I received. Ian Bike & Car Rent is a top-notch operation for scooter rentals in Koh Samui. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to rent a scooter on the island. Their great service and high quality rental scooters made for a fantastic and convenient way to explore all that Koh Samui has to offer. Two thumbs up!Written 27 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When hiring a scooter abroad it can be a bit of a mine field , with many companies wanting to take your passport . WHO CAN YOU TRUST !!!
we’ll take it from me .. TONTONS RENTALS are the company for sure to use .
Very friendly … great near new bike and very well maintained.
Small deposit of 3000 baht required .
Which I got back no problem.
Kept in contact with TONTONS via WhatsApp.
Came to my hotel when I requested to collect
GREAT SERVICE … 100% TRUSTED BY ME .
I WILL FOR SURE ✔️ USE AGAIN 👍👍Written 28 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I have rented scooters many times from JP Rental over the years. Super friendly owner, very well maintained bikes. A wide variety of brand new models and also different cc's to fit everyones needs. This year I am renting a brand new 2023 nmax.
They go above and beyond to help you with the rental. I accidentally had some cosmetic damage on my bike last year and the owner gave me a very reasonable quote for them to repair the damage I caused. Very transparent and honest company! Five stars!Written 4 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent bikes and Manager and wife make u feel home in Samui.
This shop is the best on da Island and great location.
Manager and wife always welcome you with a big Samuian smile
5 Stars xxx
We come backWritten 20 August 2023
- Definitely worth to rent a bike with Raf!
Reliable, honest and the best price you can find. Bike was an older model (i could choose if i wanted a newer or older type) but absolutely good and safe to drive. Good response, no passport to handover, just a copy of it. Definitely a bike rental to recommend!Written 4 July 2023
- Some confusion at pick up as they did not have a sign with my name on it, just Hakuna. That delayed us by 30 minutes trying to find the representative. But after that all was fine. They wanted the deposit in cash as thir credit cad machine was broken. Excellent new car. No problems in returning. Wull dfienitely use again in KS.Written 15 March 2023
- Perfect service, people are very friendly and helpful. They pick you up at your hotel if not too far.If we return to koh samui we will definitely get a scooter from them again. Daniel and FabioWritten 29 August 2018
- I rented for one day a motorcycle from idanrent iwan very surprised by their care and their guidence on the bike after that day i extendended for one more week i very recomend them. Profesional and trust worthy. Sure will rent from them again next tripWritten 18 September 2023
- This was our first time visiting Koh Samui and my partner and I wanted to do some water sports. After reading a lot of bad reviews on jet ski scams etc in Thailand I was very apprehensive. After speaking with our hotel concierge they recommended Samui Boat Panamas.
They had arranged to collect us from the hotel to the beach within 20 mins with no extra charge which was a good start!
We were greeted by a young friendly man who had explained this was a family business.
They offer set packages but as we were keen on just the jet skis and fly board, they were happy enough to tailor a package that suited us by allowing us more time on the particular activities we chose and dropped the one we didn't want to do.
For your own piece of mind, I would always recommend for you to thoroughly check your jet skis before you go out to use them. We went through the checks with the staff who were happy to point out scratches etc that were already there before we used them.
Our overall experience with this company was very good, they were friendly, accommodating. Offered us complementary cans of sprite to cool off, very helpful on instructing us on the fly boards and also was happy to drop us off at a different destination at the end instead of going back to our hotel.
They really made us feel relaxed and we were so happy with them we came back the next day to do more activities.
Thank you for the great experience guys!Written 18 June 2017
- Saai Book Shop is our go to scooter rental shop in Koh Samui. Centrally located, easy to find, super friendly staff and great bikes. After arriving on Koh Samui the night before we headed down to Saai Book for a scooter. We were offered a brand new scooter which only had 32kms on it. Transaction was easy and only a copy of your passport is required. We will back.Written 6 March 2020
- Super easy pick up process and really friendly staff. Bike was in good condition and like not having to hand over a passport at security.Written 19 February 2020
- I hired an e bike for two weeks with these guys instead of a scooter. It got me to most places and I have to say I’m impressed and a convert! I was based in Lamai and I took the bike to Chaweng and back a couple of times, and a couple of times I used it to explore the island’s south. Pretty solid and speedy machines and for safety, environmental, insurance and practicality reasons, it was great. They can’t go everywhere though. I reckon you could try and get round the island, but be mindful the battery might not last that far and you might need to ask a bar or cafe for a top up half way round. If you want to explore the hilltops, perhaps reconsider, as they won’t get you up those hills (nor will some scooters mind you)... but it got over the hill between Chaweng and Lamai. Convenient? Yes... little get abouts ok, but a scooter doesn’t need charging, just fuel, which is easier. Hot tip: charge at every opportunity - you never know how far you want to go. If you’re not sure about these e bikes, try it for a day or so. You might be as surprised as I was. Plus Al is a cool guy who is very reasonable and easy to deal with.Written 11 September 2019
- Overall great experience. The level of professionalism and attention to detail was very much appreciated.Written 18 September 2023
- Really good service staff were friendly and helpful they went over and above to accomadate myself. The mountain loop I did is savagely good. Will test most skill levels 👌Written 9 September 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Ko Samui
- These are the best places for budget-friendly equipment hire in Ko Samui:See more budget-friendly equipment hire in Ko Samui on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for equipment hire in Ko Samui:See more equipment hire for adrenaline seekers in Ko Samui on Tripadvisor