Museums in Da Lat
Top Museums in Da Lat, Vietnam
Museums in Da Lat
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Even though it is the week after Lunar New Year, it was very peaceful and no crowds - really enjoyed being able to see things at my own pace without being jostled.
Flowers and gardens were beautiful.
As someone who enjoys historical attractions and the stories behind them, there were a few signs that had english translations but would have enjoyed a few more to explain more context. There were a few things that were a little "disney-fied" (the "seven colour stairs", the souvenir shops with plush toys that don't seem related to the history of the place, the dress up/take photos in a "throne room", the statues of winged horses (!) ) - not exactly my cup of tea, but it means there's something for everyone.
Pleasant way to spend 1+ hrs.
Current price today was $90,000VND for standard adult ticket.Written 1 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I stumbled on the XQ Art House quite by accident as I was wondering around the super quaint city of Da Lat. Decided to pay the museum fee and take a peek and oh WOW I am sure glad it did. What an amazing place. This is a museum of exquisite fine art like no other I have ever seen. It is filled to the brim with silk embroidery that is so insanely detailed that is is hard to believe they were all hand made. What a labor of love. Some of the art pieces stand 8 feet tall (2.5M) and must contain millions and millions of threads. So detailed that it looks like a high quality photo until you get closer and see the threads. Shocking is all I can say. I have a whole new appreciation and respect for the art of embroidery. Aside from the many art pieces, there is an interesting curation from start to finish that takes you on a journey of Vietnamese culture which I found very interesting. This is easily a 2 hour experience, more if you are an art lover as there is just so much to take in here. I discovered their Saigon location too, which is a mini version of this place, but if you can make it to Da Lat, this is absolutely the epicenter of fine embroidery, perhaps in the whole world.
I was there in December 2018 but Tripadvisor only allows me to go back to September 2020 for some reason? Guess I should have written this sooner.Written 22 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- In the former childhood home of Emperor Bao Dai’s first and most important wife. This huge mansion, turned museum, is very well organized. I found fascinating the archeological excavations and finds. I appreciated learning more about local hill tribe cultures. It ended up honoring the revolution and then tempering that with how welcoming they are of foreign visitors today. The price was very reasonable at 15,000d.Written 19 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- a great place to visit if you want to see how a meditation center works. Great view and great lessons, a nice place to improve your knowledge about BuddhismWritten 17 November 2013This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place was not in my lonely planet book and so thankfully we stumbled upon this hidden gem. Hilarious scenarios and priceless pictures, only 60k a person and it’s totally worth it. Thuy helped us take pictures like a pro and set us up in costumes like dolls. It was a really fun experience and definitely a highlight of my time in Dalat. Fun for the whole family and worth seeing just as an art gallery. There’s even a bonus mirror maze.Written 25 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Da Lat
- These places are best for museums in Da Lat:See more museums in Da Lat on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly museums in Da Lat:See more budget-friendly museums in Da Lat on Tripadvisor