Historic Walking Areas • Nature & Wildlife Areas
Nature/ Wildlife Areas in Jerusalem
THE 5 BEST Jerusalem Nature & Wildlife Areas
Nature & Wildlife Areas in Jerusalem
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Nature & Parks
What travellers are saying
* Nice hiking in the scenic Jerusalem hills- numerous trails
* Close to the city
Very popular with the local natives
* Many options for enjoying nature, for picknicking for hiking for bicycling for camping and for playing
* Visit terraced farming villages from 2000 years ago
* Learn about ancient agricultural and architectural methods
* Visit (and even enter) ancient caves and natural spring water pools
* Can be crowded
* Minimal- if any- public transportation access
"I VISITED THIS PLACE"...
.... with four boys ages 5 to 14. It was hot and sunny- we started on the surround and circle Mount Strong hike, which is on a wide jeep road but it has total sun exposure. We didn't have the time nor supplies (and the boys didn't have the interest nor resilience) to complete the loop of more than two hours, so we did enjoy our adventure, but we turned back.... full disclosure- the same thing happened two other times in the past year- failed attempts with young charges.
This is certainly a well-organized and well equipped and famous nature reserve. As such, it is a good holiday spot and a good place for hiking in nature, but not far from the city of Jerusalem. I certainly endorse and recommend a visit to here.Written 2 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An extraordinary countryside experience sandwiched between busy main roads. A piece of wild land has been carved out, partly for gazelles and partly for people. Once you are in the valley it is hard to believe that you are surrounded by the city. If you want to see gazelles go early in the morning or in the evening. The gazelle section is separated from the people section. The Visitors Centre is staffed and helpful, with maps in Hebrew English and other languages. One warning: the path marked on the map as a cycle path only exists in part, and even that part is not for the fainthearted, either in terms of the surface or the slope!
I only discovered this park about two months ago, and have been at least six times since: it is only a 10 minute trip along cycle paths from my home in central Jerusalem. Apart from the gazelles there are other forms of wildlife, many different species of birds, plants… And yesterday I nearly cycled over a baby tortoise or possibly a turtle.Written 19 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you’re in Jerusalem, there’s an acre with a blind to see birds such as their colorful kingfisher and sunbirds that come to this tiny oasis for food and water. A gem in the middle of the city on Rothschild St near the Knesset.Written 24 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Near the Kneset, between the Wahl Rose Garden and Sacher Park an observatory of migrating and local birds,Anational ringing center Call to ask about bird migration periodas 972 26537374Written 5 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Jerusalem
- These experiences are best for nature & wildlife areas in Jerusalem:
- Masada and the Dead Sea Day Trip from Jerusalem
- Dead Sea, Masada and Ein Gedi Nature Reserve Tour from Jerusalem
- Dead Sea, Masada at Sunrise and Ein Gedi Tour from Jerusalem
- Dead Sea relaxation day from Jerusalem
- Dead Sea relaxation day from Tel Aviv
- These places are best for nature & wildlife areas in Jerusalem:
- Sataf Nature Trail
- Gazelle Valley Park
- The Jerusalem Bird Observatory
- Jerusalem Bird Observatory
- Jerusalem Bird Observatory