What travellers are saying
- I always recommend the Phare
Amadee day trip to friends and visitors. It’s well run, the food is delicious and the island itself is simply paradise. Even though the activity is touristy, the island is big enough to spread out and have a feeling of space. A classy offering in NC! Book through the Mary D.Written 2 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We absolutely loved this aquarium. It was a highlight of our trip. So much to see despite it being on the smaller side. The turtles were amazing. Easy walk from Anse VataWritten 23 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This famous Renzo Piano building was part of what drew us to visit Noumea. It is a remarkable construction (though not easy to see the whole thing in one take from ground level) and a bonus is a pleasant garden walk and some traditional buildings constructed for show in the grounds. We had assumed it would also be a full museum (especially since the Museum of New Caledonia in town is closed long term for renovations) but it is really a cultural CENTRE presumably available if and when needed. So less inside than we expected: minimal gift shop, closed cafe, marginal displays but saved by what looked like two temporary exhibitions which did include traditional craft. Note: If planning a picnic, carry it with you and eat it in the garden first, as the car park like the bus stop is outside the gates of the complex.Written 29 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a little gem in Noumea. Really well set out , very interesting content , lots of things for kids as well, our 15 year old said it was the best place we wentWritten 8 October 2023
- Worth a trip over for some snorkeling. Caught a taxi boat across the road from the aquarium. Saw lots of turtles, fish and a small ray. Coral looks mostly bleached and destoyed by boats/anchors and people walking over it. Some bits of colour in places. Best area we found was off the end of the pier and out towards where the boat came in. The other side of the island was more seagrass, but more turtles - could even see them from the beach. Grabbed a burger at the Hilton for lunch which was OK & cost normal Noumena $$. Looked at the buffet - no one in there & didn't really look like it would be worth the price of admission ( silly $$)
Lots of trees and shade available. Great day outWritten 22 January 2023
- we have been so many times that we just walked around and went to a local cafe,in the side street .AMAZING,But if you can go to Amedee Island that's a Great day out as wellWritten 23 March 2023
- This was our highlight for our entire New Caledonia Holiday. We were collected promptly at 7.30am. Breakfast was not included in the price, but can be purchased on board the boat. We took our own snorkelling gear, and we had a number of turtle sightings. Lunch included a traditional performance, food and drinks (punch, beer and wine). Only saw 6 snakes while on the island. However, an additional fee was charged to climb the lighthouse. Pretty annoying as the fee was on the high side for the day as it was.Written 4 November 2023
- The beach is delightful, and the only one currently open for swimming, with a mix of locals and a few tourists. It was calm and we didn't have wind...just a gentle, cooling breeze .
We stayed at Mocambo, which was friendly and fun. Great value and allowed us to do some of our own catering. Mocambo is just around the corner from the bay, a 2 minute walk, and between Anse bay and the city market.
Great for a relaxing holiday with a bit of walking along beautiful waterfrontWritten 6 September 2023
- Good displays of endemic birds, and lovely peaceful forest walks.Enjoyed by primary school children our visit. Downside is too small enclosures for most birds except the CagouWritten 19 July 2023
- Anse Vata beach is a very popular spot for tourists and locals. The water is warm and pristine. Close to a lot of coffee ships and restaurants as well. Highly recommended.Written 17 January 2023
- Nice museum near the centre of noumea.
Good displays and history of the Allied involvement in New Caledonia during WW2. Displays in French and English . Worth a visitWritten 17 January 2023
- Noumea Turtle Tour took us to signal Island where we were able to swim with sea turtle's. It was epic and the tour staff were really accommodating. Highly recommended 👌Written 30 November 2023
- Good selection of fruit/veges and souvenirs... Like all of New Caledonia, prices are high compared to NZ. Easy to get to from the Point Moselle bus stop.Written 30 September 2023
- Amazing 360 degree views over the southern part of Noumea. There are numerous walking paths and plenty of parking. It's free access.Written 19 November 2023
- We hired bikes with Tina bikes (you can book online) and enjoyed a few hours riding along a variety of trails.
Great sceneryWritten 26 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Noumea
- The best day trips from Noumea according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Amedee Lighthouse
- A Private Day in the Deep South in 4x4 Adventure mode
- The Great South in 4x4 Adventure mode - Mountain/River
- Amedee Island and Outer Reef Half-Day Private Water Taxi Tour from Noumea
- Private One Day Tour through The Deep South
Noumea Attractions Information
|Monday 8:38 am|