- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- This has to be the best place to watch a Grand Prix. Right in the City with super efficient transport systems..a night race which gives you all day to explore the City.
Great drama, well organised..something for the bucket list
Such friendly people. I will be backWritten 9 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful place full of colour and obligatory waving cats - we ate some fab street food and loved strolling the streets taking in the atmosphere, colours and the people!Written 16 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Ah relax at such a height with swimming pool but sorry we are not lucky enough to swim, only people living in Marina bay can swim
Singapore sight seeing from such a height is great adventure. There are safety measures all around. Human indeed done a great job. We saw our Genting ship cruise from that place.Written 16 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is an annual event looking forward to, however, the lighting are too spread out without any theme. The only enjoyable is the big CAI SHEN and the crowd is well managed. Overall enjoy the walk and light. The flowers are not the good choice as used Chrysanthemum thats for praying… should use rose or tulip..Written 4 February 2022
- Fantastic show,well worth a visit. Free entrance if staying in Marina Bay Sands Hotel. Show nightly,check for times locally. Music from 70s and 80s to accompany lights,which was brilliant.Written 5 June 2019
- We lived in Singapore many years and travel back there from time to time. Singapore is a very special place on earth! Its festivals are magical! Yes, the country is crowded, so know that in advance. However, there are so many venues for the night lights festival and you can see the lights from across the streets as well. Armenian Street was wonderful with various food kiosks. Chijmes was our favorite and despite a wedding reception taking place, there was room to walk around and take photos. It was a highlight of the week!Written 3 September 2019
- Decent place to go for a walk and take nice photos with your lover or love ones. Though one problem it might have is the place is quite crowded.Written 27 December 2021
- Having been to Singapore 3 times and having covered almost all the things to do over about 10 days, in anticipation of our upcoming travels via Singapore I looked to see what was doing for the night before departure.. Well, guess what, for the first time in my life a major event traditional to a particular city was happening and this time, for once, I was going to be there. The Chingay parade. JAN 31 and feb 01 2020 is a Mardi Gras, or Rio de Janiero style carnival parade happening right down near the hottest tourist spot in the city. Beneath the Singapore Flyer massive Ferris wheel, overlooking Merlin Park, the float, the science Center, and Gardens on the bay etc, is a 1000 person at least , performer parade. Preceded by a Carnival during the afternoon, and followed by Chinese New Years festivities. Because I was arranging for a major M&G aboard a departing vessel in the morning from the Marina Bay Pier, I had about 150 names available to me from within a cruise forum , so I arranged for special seating for many of us and this became truly a party night.
If you are going to Singapore next year in Jan Feb 2021, check out the Chingay website, and buy your tickets on line
Great eveningWritten 12 February 2020
- 這此旅行,正好遇到這特殊的節慶及遊行,整個小印度區都擠滿了人,還有免費的餐點供人食用.每個主角身上都有很驚人的裝飾,用針刺進皮膚,以支撐裝飾品,或是以針刺穿舌頭及臉頰,實在驚人,能看到這印度的重大節慶,也算是此次旅遊的一大收穫.We met the spacial holiday in little India. It's so amazing. I was so glad I could see the parade.Written 31 January 2016
- This festival be held at Chinatown. This is the best festival in Singapore because you can see many performance, for example: street light up, mass lantern walk, and more. You must visit this festival when you come to SingaporeWritten 30 March 2018
- Stunning to see what an ambitious, vision focused country can do in less than 60 years. The use of light, encouragement of business, culture of respect is admirable.Written 1 April 2018
- The Stan Chart Marathon is the premier SG running event. It is very well organized and has excellent services for the runners. That said, the course is a bit boring with a big chunk run on Nicol Highway (elevated highway) which is completely devoid of trees/greenery. The last parts are run through East Coast Park which is much greener and more scenic.
If you've never run in Singapore weather beware: it is hot and extremely humid year round. You will probably not achieve a PR here. It is also not the NY/Boston/London marathon with 1000's of people cheering you on, The vast majority of the run has no spectators at all.
But it IS a marathon and a well-organized one at that.Written 6 March 2020
- Great to be in Singapore and especially Little India during this celebration. Night time is best to see the lights on the street. Other events are posted, such as parades on certain nights.Written 20 September 2016
- It's a Very different, very new take on Theatre. I recommend that one get the OPEN pass for only $45 and then try to go for some of the main festival's shows. I went for both and it was an experience, indeed.Written 5 January 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore
- These are the best places for kid-friendly events in Singapore:
- Chinese New Year (China Town)
- i Light Marina Bay
- River Hongbao
- Chinatown Mid-Autumn Festival Light-Up and Celebrations
- Christmas Wonderland at Gardens By The Bay
- These are the best places for groups seeking events in Singapore:See more events for groups in Singapore on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly events in Singapore:See more budget-friendly events in Singapore on Tripadvisor