Historic Sites • Religious Sites
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
What travellers are saying
- An interesting church whose main feature is the remarkable Golden Altar. If you come around Christmastime, you can also see an altogether the most incredible Nativity display.Written 5 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Ruins of the original settlement near Panama City destroyed by the pirate Henry Morgan in the 1600's. Nice strolling amongst the ruins and climbing to the top of the church tower. Museum was closed due to Covid when I visited. Allow 1-2 hr for the visit. If you're short on time, Casco Viejo, Miraflores Locks and a trip to Monkey Island on Gatun lake should all be a priority over a visit here. $15 entrance fee.Written 18 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stopped here as part of a walking tour. You can see views of the old and new city. It's on the south end of the old city so it's by the water. Good place to take pictures and walk around.Written 17 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went here in November 2022 with a friend. We enjoyed this plaza, was pretty and surrounded by Casco Viejo. The Panama Canal Museum, the Cathedral and a small museum on the history of Panama. Could easily sit for a while and people watch as well.Written 4 December 2022
- Visited here as part of my self-guided walking tour of Casco Viejo. Built in 1760, Casa Gongora is the best example of a Spanish colonial home in Casco Viejo. It is now a cultural center for local artists.Written 19 May 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Panama City
- These are the best places for groups seeking historic sites in Panama City:See more historic sites for groups in Panama City on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly historic sites in Panama City:See more budget-friendly historic sites in Panama City on Tripadvisor