- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 56
What travellers are saying
- We live in Antigua and visit/shop there often. The food is consistently very good. I love the pizzas and salads. The fried avocado appetizers are great! Service: great.
If your here on vacation, it’s worth visiting… and plan on eating here, too. Note: the music in the main dining area is very loud, unfortunate. However, plenty of garden seating.
On a side note, the weekend vendors sell nice, unique things although they’ve gotten a bit pushy, which is too bad.Written 13 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A clean and well-organized local market that spans two or three blocks on the western end of town off Avenida de Santa Lucia. Like many Latin American markets, this one features everything from food and produce, clothes, shoes to tourist trinkets and artisanal products. A large proportion of the market is covered but there are also many stalls out in the open forming a kind of a maze. Fairly safe for a tourist, though as usual, I'd be careful with my wallet. Prices are a bit cheaper than in the center of town, but not always. Haggling is recommended.Written 15 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This smaller mercado is blocks closer than the main mercado in Antigua. It is a maze of tightly-spaced booths. Certain days of the week (Thursdays and Saturdays, I think), there are outside vendors.Written 12 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A beautiful spot with glorious colourful artwork. I bought a piece from them via their Facebook page and received excellent service, continual updates, fast delivery to the UK and I am extremely happy with my purchase! Highly recommended.Written 29 April 2018
- The work that is on display and available for sale is vibrant and eye catching. The photographer who is behind these photographs, uses the profits from the sale to help the children in the photographs go to college.Written 9 September 2016
- We had the tour guide Berny was the best. We bought a total of 10 beautiful jade pieces . He also helped me pick out a beautiful set for my wife 30 year wedding anniversary. Highly recommend this place authentic jade . Thai place is the real deal . Thank you once againWritten 2 September 2022
- Amazing store, amazing service and very nice staff! I did the jewelry creation workshop and I definitely recommend it! They also have the most beautiful jewelry pieces...Written 24 September 2019
- The selection of huipils, other textiles, carvings, and other handicrafts is almost overwhelming. I could have spent hours here. The staff were all amazingly helpful. This is on the must visit list for Antigua. Already looking forward to coming back.Written 28 May 2022
- Short interesting presentation and beautiful showroom. Pieces customized while you wait with discount if silver removedThis was part of a walking tour I took through the city. It was a little bit commercial but the short presentation about Jade was awfully interesting. Did get an opportunity to see the various kinds of Jade and how it is cut and polished. Also learned a little bit about how it's different from the Jade in China and Myanmar, both countries I have visited. I don't know how good the quality was but the pieces were beautiful. I bought a necklace and a bracelet both of which were shortened and the price discounted appropriately while I waited for about 10 minutes. A nice opportunity to get your jewelry the length you want.Written 1 July 2022
- We liked this artisan market, because it is well laid out (i.e., easy to make sure you see all market booths), clean and open to the fresh air. There seems to be a larger variety of merchandise available than what is found in some of the other markets in Antigua.
However, if you don't want to overpay for the merchandise, then you must haggle on the price. If you hate haggling, then this would not be a good place for you to shop.Written 17 February 2020
- I had such a lovely time browsing around the shop. Gorgeous crafts curated by Guatemalans with the knowledge to see true artistry. I love that they help crafts people bring their treasures to a market that appreciates the quality and value of their work. Delightful.Written 1 November 2019
- It is my understanding that this local establishment has been producing sweets for a very long time and that the recipes
have stayed the same throughout the years. The interior is charming with wood and glass cabinets filled with delectable goodies and walls lined with ceramic colorful owls. I had a Canillita de Leche which is like a dissolve in your mouth, sweet white fudge and a Higo (candied fig) which was amazing! Difficult to explain the texture of a candied fig but don’t worry about it; just go there and get one, or two, or three of everything!Written 10 December 2019
- The home goods are so beautiful in Colibri! The bedspreads and pillows are stunning. Make sure to stop in when in Antiqua, Guatemala, CathyWritten 11 October 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Antigua
- These experiences are best for shopping in Antigua:
- The Artisan Experience
- Artisan Shoemaking & Leather Craft Tour
- Visit The Leather Boots Town in Antigua - Shore Excursion From Puerto Quetzal
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping in Antigua:See more shopping for children in Antigua on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking shopping in Antigua:See more shopping for couples in Antigua on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking shopping in Antigua:See more shopping for groups in Antigua on Tripadvisor