- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- We have done the road trip with a car which give flexibility to stop for visits or to enjoy the view. The only roadtrip that competes with Kotor Bay's is Big Sur's in California. Yes it is that beautiful... apart from the full time beautiful scenery, several stops are worthwhile : Kotor of course, Perast, and Sveti Stefan were our preferred. For lunch, Perast is a good option. Pick a sunny day for this trip!Written 4 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This park is located along the Bay of Kotor and across the road between the old town and the Shopping Centre Kamelija. People walk thru the park or sit on the many benches. Two branches of the Scurda River run on either side of the park where fishermen drop a line from the riverside walls. Families bring their children to the playground. We sat for a while in the sunshine before heading back to our cruise ship. It was indeed a peaceful place to just enjoy the views of the bay, the mountains and the other towns at the base of the mountains along the bay.Written 19 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The river that flows along the northern side of the old town. You can see it when you walk along the city walls or if you use the North Gate. An ordinary river like thousands of other rivers in this world. The water is clear, you can see the fish swimming.Written 31 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Ladder of Kotor is a very steep climb. You will pass by a church and some fortresses on the way. Recommend doing this climb either early in the morning or late in the evening. During the day it is very hot. You can get of the "ladder" almost at the top. There is a window towards the mountain and a short ladder to climb down from it to the small mountain path. We used Google maps to locate this window, It was very accurate. This path will lead you to Sveti Juraj (very short walk) and from there you can head for the Cheese Shop which is a must-stop rustic mountain-side cafe.Written 13 August 2022
- I was dismayed by this aquarium. Some fish were in isolation; many in small, narrow tanks (think of a life sentence of solitary confinement!). There were limited shelter areas for many fish to able to avoid gawking eyes and people tapping on the glass. Horrible experience, makes me ashamed to be human.Written 16 January 2022
- A not very large but very picturesque tourist port, surrounded by mountains on all sides. Huge cruise ships dock here, so it's very crowded.Written 27 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Kotor
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Kotor:
- Lady of the Rocks and Blue Cave - Kotor Boat Tour
- Ticket Tour: Blue Cave, Mamula Island, Submarine Tunnel, Lady of the Rocks (3hr)
- North Montenegro, Durmitor, Tara & Ostrog Tour
- Full-Day Tour Bay of Kotor Perast Kotor and Budva small group from Dubrovnik
- Tour Kotor - Perast Old Town - Island Our Lady of the Rocks - Every 2 hours