What travellers are saying
- Really cool bar, well decorated, great cocktails and a super friendly owner, you will not be dissappointed, come once come againWritten 12 February 2023
- Superb dinner. Again. Service superb. Mr Souk and his team professional and delightful. A lovely evening to cherish. Gayle and TonyWritten 7 November 2023
- This place is really NOT one of thoose overpriced turist places I saw around.
I was overwhelmed about the athmosphere waited me there. It’s ran by backpackers who are really frinedly and easy to connect. They have a lot of stuff to do darts, pool, beerpong, and the Dj makes good music, and also put on songs on request.Written 12 December 2019
- Went there instead of the bowling alley one night because we wanted to be with locals more than backpackers. Well was a success, we were like 5 foreigners in the all clubs where loooots of young lao were partying, drinking and dancing :) very nice night, I recommend if you are not afraid to get away from your comfort zone and like techno/house lao music :)Written 2 May 2018
- Hidden away on the main bar street in LP is the recently opened reggae bar. It has an affiliation with Lao Lao Garden opposite and offers cheap cocktails, bar food, wifi and a relaxing vibe. A very easy place to spend an evening playing pool, drinking beer and mixing with locals and tourists in a laid back atmosphere.
The bar is run by Simon, a Brit, who knows his music and is always on hand to chat to visitors, giving great advice on the town and the best things to do. The bar staff are a good laugh, playing pool and drinking with the tourists when they get a chance. The prices are cheap and they don't mind topping the drinks off with extra spirit if you ask nicely.
Music is excellent, when it gets busy it gets taken up a notch and the buckets flow and the party's on, but when its quieter its a great place to relax and chat the evening away. Top place to go for an alternative vibe to the rest of the street, I highly recommend paying a visit!Written 26 February 2014
- This is not really a bar, but mainly a shop I just discovered on this current trip. Although many things seem to be mainly for residents, they do have some stuff worth to check and to buy. I tried the dried fruits, they are way ahead of what you can find in other stores in town. Lemon and Orange are amazing. They also have locally made mulberry wine, which is a fantastic discovery. But their coffee jam is to die for! I have no idea how they do but you can't stop eating it.
Additionally, the owners are really cool and knowledgeable, they clearly know and love the place. I was offered water or tea the moment I entered, I had never seen a "welcome drink" in a shop.
I rarely write reviews anymore, and have only done this for a boutique once, but this one is worth it. And it's not far from a couple of fancy restaurants and a great coffee shop down to the river, plus an amazing art and antique gallery!Written 4 October 2023