- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Ian approached us on the street one evening invited us to bring our kids to The Playground. We decided to give it a go on Christmas. We spent an hour there with our 7-year-old and 5-year-old children. The Playground is the size of a large backyard and once was a banana plantation. It's a beautiful, peaceful place where the kids can play. There is a slide, a see-saw, a merry-go-round, and minigolf holes with obstacles. We didn't use them, but in front is a trampoline available for use for 5,000 kip and a pool table for free. Additionally, there is a bar and tables to sit at. It was a great chance for our children to run around after many days of sightseeing and to meet another child who was playing there when we arrived. We paid 24,000 kip per child for our kids to play minigolf and enjoy the facilities. My wife and I enjoyed a beer and chatting with the other family and Ian while the kids played. It was quiet when we arrived, but the building on the property is a private kindergarten. I hope more visitors use this facility and that, over time, it can grow.Written 25 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The place was very nice, the water wasn't too cold. There was a lot of space to swim and the pool bar was fun. The pool area was quite calm while we were there. The spring rolls were very good but the rest of the food could be improved a bit. We went there twice while in Luang Prabang.Written 4 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I go here many times with my friends and we have a lot of fun playing snooker and practice English with IanWritten 9 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My older teenage son saw the reviews and decided that our family of 5 should go. Sooo glad we did,great fun. Delivered by Tuk tuk to a dimly lit road but soon found the bowling ally,paid for 2 games and spent $10 on a bottle of vodka and a few lemonades to dilute it. Music was great, our bowling was variable and it was a great night.We all tried the archery after and then they drove us back to our hotel in the Bowling Ally tuk tuk.recommend.Written 18 July 2018
- I used Discover Laos to book train tickets from Vientianne to Luang Prabang. Other than the fact that I had to make two separate bookings (I couldn't book the return journey and pay for both at the same time) the process was very smooth and easy and my train tickets were waiting for me at my hotels when I checked in. There may be cheaper ways of booking tickets but I would highly recommend Discover Laos as an easy hassle free way of obtaining them.Written 7 May 2023
- Chanthy is one of the best private transfer drivers I have met ( I had used many in different destinations during my tours in last 10 yrs). He is courteous, helpful, smiling and honest. Little things matter- he opened door for customers, provide bottles of water in his minivan, hand out cold towel to clean after a long hot day of tours- a most welcoming gesture. He is flexible in providing transfer service- he did for me a half day tour of Kuangsi Fall only without pushing for other tours, whereas other driver insist a full day car hire of various destinations. He speaks good English, and responds quickly via WhatsApp. I felt relaxed and comfortable with Chanthy driving me. Very highly recommended.Written 23 April 2023
- I am an expat living in Luang Prabang, and feel grateful to have this place just a small bit "out of town" to have a little escape sometimes. I now receive their organic produce delivered to my home twice a week. I am so regretful I did not discover this option sooner, as being a vegetarian looking for a healthy diet here can feel limiting at times. Its cheaper, higher quality than the market, and brought to your door in eco friendly packaging. Khop Jai Lai Der Namkhan Project!!!Written 11 October 2021
- Chanhdouda is e verry fine person and e professional tour guide. Che nows the history of her country Laos and Luang Prabang as her town. We spend 4 days whit Chan, and it was one off our best experiences in our traveling history. So tank you so much Chan for the 3 marveles days. We will be back on day in Laos and we hope you are available for guiding us unother time. Thank you and be wellWritten 25 May 2023
- We had an amazing holiday in Thailand, in March 2023. We used Discova to book our transfers and our activities in Phuket. Mr. A( Nirut Muangkaew) looked after us and helped us with all our bookings. He was absolutely amazing and went above and beyond with recommendations on activities and restaurants which were really good, authentic and reasonably priced.
We booked a trip through him to Phang Nga with a stop at James Bond Island, on a 111 foot catamaran (Seanery)which was incredible. The attention to detail, food and guides were amazing. We would certainly recommend this to anyone.
My wife also did a cooking course near to our hotel in Kata beach and learned how to make authentic Thai food, which tasted incredible. This will become part of our weekly meals at home.
We have been to Thailand, many times, and will definitely be returning again. We will always use Discova and Mr A for any excursions and activities that we do. Thank you again, Mr. A for your kindness and care making our trip so special.Written 26 March 2023
- We have been to most of the countries in South East Asia and Luang Prabang is one of the city that's quaint, lively and full of history. The hotel we stayed was just 5 minutes away from the night market and cafes and restaurants. We even took the opportunity to walk the Bamboo Bridge built entirely of bamboo. It was also a privilege to pay alms to the monks in the wee morning hours. Truly an experience for everyone.Written 3 February 2020
- MyLaoTours was thorough and meticulous with their planning, the room was huge and on the first floor, the food portion was generous (although the milkshake was too sweet) and the tour guide Joy was knowledgeable and fluent in English.
I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful Laos was, especially Kuangsi waterfall - I'm not usually fond of nature, but found myself already planning on where else in Laos to visit. We'll definitely use MyLaoTours again.Written 12 July 2019
- We have been learn a tone of information about Laos and tribals with Ken, Keep going with your great job.
Highly recommend, localguides Asia operate our trip beyond our expectation. Very talent company!
Kevin Queze, United statesWritten 23 August 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Luang Prabang
- These are the best places for groups seeking fun & games in Luang Prabang:See more fun & games for groups in Luang Prabang on Tripadvisor