- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- We went there as part of a day tour (including the Mekong and Pak Au Caves - already reviewed). Even as New Zealanders, we were impressed by this powerful and beautiful spectacle.Written 21 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a beautiful experience to have with the elephants at MandaLao. The guides were very informative on how MandaLao started, their mission, and goals which helped me connect with the conservation program.
I love that there is a way to spend time with these majestic creatures in their natural habitat without imposing elephant riding or activities that hurt the elephant.
I did the half day tour but ended up wishing I did the full day. I wouldn’t sleep on this experience! It was the highlight of my trip.Written 5 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This facility is a short but scenic drive on good roads - worth a visit for a day trip from Luang Prabang! You can also arrange for longer stays in their guest facilities. Clearly built for (much) larger capacity, in the post- covid return of travellers we felt as it we had the park to ourselves. We enjoyed the botanical gardens and a swim at the waterfall. We were surprised to find elephants there, but had uninterrupted time feeding and interacting with these majestic beasts for a fraction of what such a tour might regularly cost. We didn't do any treetops or zip line activities but saw what looked to be equipped and qualified guides. There are both fast food and restaurant options on site. Enjoy this space before the throngs of tourists ramp up to capacity again. (and don't forget to stop into the pottery village en route!)Written 11 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place is really NOT one of thoose overpriced turist places I saw around.
I was overwhelmed about the athmosphere waited me there. It’s ran by backpackers who are really frinedly and easy to connect. They have a lot of stuff to do darts, pool, beerpong, and the Dj makes good music, and also put on songs on request.Written 12 December 2019
- Awesome tour. Our guide was fantastic, he was very knowledgeable and friendly. Highly recommended, would definitely do it again!Written 12 September 2023
- This Raid Laos 2019 was a human and sport amazing experience with ORLA, very well organized all the way, allowing a true discovery of Laos along the mythic Mekong river. Charly and Phasouk have shown great professionalism and passion for the country and its people, allowing timeless memories. No better choice to discover Laos !Written 1 December 2019
- We began our 4 week trip in Vientiane and spend our first day on the Mekong Cycle and Kayak tour. It ended up being just us two on a private tour which was a nice surprise. Although challenging at times the views and scenery were well worth it and the kayak back along the river was an excellent introduction to Laos and Vientiane. The tour was on the pricier side with only the two of us joining but we still enjoyed the day immensely!Written 15 December 2019
- I recently did the 1-day Mekong River tour with Motolao and it was awesome. Our guide Kamhdee and one other guy met up and first went to their shop where we got geared up. This part was great as we all got full gear including boots, chest and arm protector, knee pads, jacket and helmet. The gear is all used, but in good shape and is exactly what you need to be safe.
The tour was great and Kamhdee spoke excellent English and was good at gauging our abilities and tailoring the tour to us. It was a perfect way to get out and see the mountains of Laos and explore the Mekong region in areas that most people don’t go to. And to do it while having a blast on motorbikes was definitely the way to go. 5 stars all around.Written 3 February 2019