Historic Sites • Religious Sites
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- There is a beautifully preserved rock carving 26m long &2m tall about daily Balinese life: the farmer, animal hunting, women in community. The temple itself is tiny, small and not well maintained. 30k IDR access fee with free sarong included. 500m walk from parking by a nice rice paddies area, but not recommended if is to hot! Kinndly but strong refuse the locals who offer to show you the place, I heard them with a group speaking no English, no history questions answer, but high tip expected. Discover the place by yourself.Written 30 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- In April 2016, I spent nearly three hours to see the collection of paintings and sculptures inside the exhibition halls of Museum Puri Lukisan. The gems of Nyoman Lempad were my target. From an introduction of a pamphlet, it indicated that the house of the painter was not far from the museum, but I really did not know the exact location from the map enclosed. Last August, strolling along the road to Ubud market, I found the house accidentally. It was a typical, traditional Balinese architecture, there was a lovely garden with scattered wood carved in the forms of twisting faces. No entrance fee required and no visitor was in sight. To my astonishment, bird cages were lining out of tune under the roof of a well-decorated alter, on the opposite side a commercialized art gallery stood by displaying pictures for sale. Perhaps the house was not a government-run cultural heritage, therefore no systematic maintenance implemented. As a whole, House of Gusti Nyoman Lempad was not a museum for a well-known painter, just an ordinary workshop of a nobody one. Was it true ? I really puzzled.Written 20 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Worth a walk and a look at the Royal Palace in Ubud. Lots a good design and features that are so good to see.Written 2 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ubud
- These are the best places for budget-friendly historic sites in Ubud:See more budget-friendly historic sites in Ubud on Tripadvisor