- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
9 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- It's my first experience where I fed monkeys and took them on my shoulders. I am very scared of monkeys but the staff working here encourage me for it...It's an unforgettable experience.Written 14 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Not very hard to get to waterfall that's not far out of Ubud or Gianyar. Good viewing platform above to get photos before going down to the base of the waterfall. Not very busy when we were there so it made it a bit more enjoyable.Written 8 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Unique settings for a temple. Inside the face is really cool (temperature wise) and there a few idols. As you walk down to the ruins of the Buddhist temple, it is lush and green. Having a guide helps, else you may feel lost.Written 21 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Climbed Mt Batur for sunrise. Got picked up at 2:30 AM. They provided breakfast at small restaurant before we started. They provided second breakfast at the top with coffee, eggs, toast, fresh fruit (not the normal banana pineapple papaya - but some more unique - mangosteen, and a couple things I can’t remember). Then we stopped at a restaurant for third breakfast - which was a huge buffet. Totally unexpected - or at least I don’t remember being told about it.
On the hike, our guide - Kadek - explained local history, different plants, the recent volcanic activity and was generally a thoughtful and helpful guy.
Then we went to the hot springs near Mt Batur which were great. Nice and clean. Other ones on the island not so much.
As a bonus, on the way home we saw the rice terraces at Teggallalung. They were outstanding. Then as a second bonus, we went to a coffee plantation for the tour and tasting of about 12 different coffee and teas. We maybe got the two add ones cause we didn’t spend a lot of time at the hot springs.Written 17 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My experience at Hars Garden was amazing! On arrival i was greeted by him at the entrance to his Jungle after walking through his organic garden, with his dreadlocks hanging near to the floor and a big healthy organic smile.
Instantly i knew that this was the ideal place for me.
Slowly walking up the steps into my treehouse accommodation trying to take in all the jungle and nature around me.
The treehouse was unreal! So simple so unique! It drops off probably 20m from the balcony into the deep jungle with a river and waterfall at the bottom!
Waking up at 6am with a very slight few strips of sunlight shining through the jungle canopy, it was torrential rain and i had never felt ever before the pure deep form of mother nature like that!
Laying in bed with the large glass windows in front dropping off into the deep wet jungle!
The sounds of running water and birds,frogs,monkeys literally i did not want to leave this moment.
3hours later i finally prized myself out of my trance to start the course.
Breakfast was a huge tray of fruit all from the garden then a main course of salad and ubi (potato) all obviously grown by hars and picked early morning by Hars while i was daydreaming into the jungle haha.
What i learnt from this dude was not just how to grow great organic food but how to live in this world with the ecosystem and not against it, also how to create a ecosystem on my land in Sumbawa that was partly destroyed by corn farming.
His information was golden and his mission in life (to save the ecosystem and work with nature) also to educate the word on how to grow organic food and to work with nature not against it.
Using his own techniques and also others from hundreds of years ago.
Basically he is a all time hero and the course was very beneficial to me and my family to create a new life over in Sumbawa living from the land and working with Nature.
The course was supposed to be 2 days but i booked a extra day in because there was so much i wanted to learn!
Overall i done 3 days 4 nights there, the three hour course a day was not really enough for me to take everything in, ideally i would like to take a week course 8hours a day haha but obviously Hars has a life too and to steal his time that much just wouldn't be fair.
When i left he kindly gave me over 30 different types of herbs and strains that i could bring with me to sumbawa.
Now all i need to do is keep them alive and spread hars knowledge to others who are grownig using monoculture techniques destroying the ecosystem.
Thanks Hars and good luck with your future project in Sumba!
Peace joy and healthy food SirWritten 27 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It was a wonderful experience !! Fun, well organized, cheerful. The guides (those who accompanied us and drove the boat) are very good and attentive to touristsWritten 9 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ubud
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Ubud:
- ⭐️Nusa Penida by Private Boat - Snorkeling 4 spots, Swim with Mantas + Land Tour
- Bali ATV Ride - Quad Bike Adventure
- Gate of Heaven: East Bali Private Full Day Tour - All Inclusive
- Bali ATV Ride and White Water Rafting
- Tanah Lot - Private Full Day Tour - All Inclusive
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nature & parks in Ubud:See more nature & parks for children in Ubud on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Ubud:See more nature & parks for couples in Ubud on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous nature & parks in Ubud:See more adventurous nature & parks in Ubud on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for nature & parks in Ubud:See more nature & parks for adrenaline seekers in Ubud on Tripadvisor