Hiking Trails in Ubud
THE BEST Ubud Hiking Trails
Hiking Trails in Ubud
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Getting started on a trip of a lifetime! We are so happy to recommend Bali Eco Cycling! The whole day tour was a revelation of THE Bali! The staff and everyone we were introduced to were so friendly and helpful in understanding each part of the day’s activities, such as stopping at rice paddies, visiting a host family compound with a tour of their farm, a coffee plantation, and an ancient banyan tree. A great breakfast buffet with a view of Mount Batur, weather permitting, and a delicious lunch at the end of the ride. Bikes and gear were provided as well as rain ponchos and refreshments. Very informative and pleasant! You are going to be amazed! A special thanks to our guide Wayan!
Suksma! Lynne and Keith AndreeWritten 21 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You can start along the busy road, Jl. Raya Campuan near The Blanco Renaissance Museum or the Old Dutch Bridge, 5 minutes from the center of Ubud.
Walk past Neka Art Museum and you will come to Jl. Raya Lungsiakan. Here you have on the left side Hotel MATHIS Retreat Ubud,
with Terracotta restaurant. A beautiful location for a quiet and pleasant drink.
Or you start at Terracotta restaurant. Along this opportunity you have a narrow paved road.This is where the very nice walk starts, this is towards Paddy Point and then Penestanan/Campuhan. The narrow path continues and you immediately see the many beautiful rice fields and many ducks that eat the insects and fertilize the land of the rice fields. A funny sight, that all the ducks run after each other. This walk through the rural area is incredibly beautiful. Sometimes with hospitable farmers who work on the land. In a moment you will come to houses and villas, then turn left and come to Paddy Point and ahead come you at villas and warungs, then in Penestanan. There is ample opportunity to have a drink here.
If you walk even further, you will come back to the Old Dutch Bridge.
We thought this was a beautiful and peaceful walk. Completely away from the hustle and bustle of Ubud. I can recommend this walk.Written 24 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sari Organic walk is located on the main street (Jalan Raya Ubud) of Ubud, just past the center. Walk about 150 meters further than the entrance of Museum Puri Lukisan, then you will see a side street on the right with the signposted Abangan Bungalows & Gallery. And a sign: To rice field walk – to Sari Organic'. Walk down the street and keep left. In the beginning, a concrete path along a wall. But afterwards you get a fantastic view over the rice fields, with the daily life of the Balinese rice farmers. On the way of the walk there are cafes or warungs to drink or eat something along the way. For example: Cafe Pomegranate + Joglo Organik, which overlook the beautifully manicured rice fields and the ducks walking around. The path becomes narrower and continues along the beautiful green rice fields and you will see some places that make and sell art along the way. Past Sunset Cafe and Bungalow there is a possibility to turn right into the forest over a narrow forest path and stream. This is not signposted, but this is the shortcut back to Ubud.
If you do not come across the side path, you walk about 1,5 km further, along the beautiful rice fields and you will also see banana plants and other fruit trees. You still walk in the middle of nature, between the rice fields. The narrow path ends and you arrive at warung The Pengkolan Warung. Here you turn right and follow the paved road. You arrive in Desa Bentuyung and after an hour (about 4km) in Ubud.
We thought this was a beautiful and peaceful walk. Away from the hustle and bustle of Ubud.Written 24 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ubud
- These experiences are best for hiking trails in Ubud:
- Mount Batur Sunrise Hike and Natural Hot Spring
- ATV Rafting Waterfall Ubud Best Seller Private Tour Double Meal
- Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking (Private Tour and Breakfast at Restaurant)
- Mount Agung Sunrise Trekking Private Tours
- Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking
- These places are best for hiking trails in Ubud:See more hiking trails in Ubud on Tripadvisor