Top Attractions in Mataram
What travellers are saying
- I’m not into religious buildings but this place is huge and stunning. Lombok is known as the land of one thousand mosque’s (I’m sure there are more than that). This is the only mosque on Lombok that received government funding, all others were built and financed by there patronage.Written 1 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- At first, i would think i would see a beautiful garden in the area, i was not. The entrance fee was really cheap, and the area was quite clean at the front. When you got in, we could feel that the area was tired. The fond was not manage, the swimming pool was dirty, there are number of filthy shops in the area were really distrust the view. The government does not manage the potential area like this well, not so many places that we could visit in Lombok, Narmada Garden has lots of potential, they should do something about it. Improve the service and the facilities of the area. The only thing that interest me was the small temple where you can drink water that make you always look young, believe it or not. I think the local government need seriously to ensure the place need to be improved a BIG TIME.Written 8 February 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice airconditioned shopping mall with a good variety of shops and restaurants. All sorts of shops so good for a few hours wandering around looking for bargains to take home. Nice variety of restaurants and the quality of food we had was really good. Cinema also in the mall.Written 10 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When you need Melukat pray. I'm very recommended this place when you vacation in west Lombok. The water is very cleanWritten 20 February 2020
- This museum made the most of its space by arranging the collection nicely. when i visited here, the museum was not crowded, in fact i and my gf are the only visitor at that time. the entrance fee around 5k-10k idr for local adult. the museum contained information about west nusa tenggara and lombok island itself. the only minus from this museum was the lack of staffs inside the museum and lack of guidance and visualsWritten 12 October 2016
- Sesaot on the slopes of Mt Rinjani is blessed with this lovely river valley in which local organisations have developed cool water bathing and picnic sites as well as a camping ground in the forest. Community participation ensures that local businesses can sell food delicacies as well as taking care of cleanliness. The local village head also makes sure that high standards are maintained. Rinjani Geopark offers many hiking trails with wildlife (mainly macaque monkeys). Bring swimming and hiking clothes for a great day out!!Written 4 August 2022
- Was really looking forward to see the rock, unfortunately it broken down couple of weeks back.
We visited the beach shortly before water was rising and the views were beautiful. Fishermen standing hundreds of meters in the ocean yet not even half their bodies were in water. Crabs and other ocean life waiting for the water to come back. Even if Batu Payung is no longer standing, it is still very beautiful place to see.Written 7 May 2019
- As part of our week long stay in Lombok we took a trip here using the services of Lombok Friendly tour & travel. Interesting history and very nice atmosphere. Nice to see that multiple religions can co-exist.Written 23 October 2019
- Older mall, still nice local feeling. Nice nicnacs at small counters. Good restaurant left of main entranceWritten 17 September 2019
- Went there few time to have our favourite “ikan bakar with pelecing” and also my all time favourite “jagung bakar” with sweet and spicy sauce.. also a nice place to watch sunset while having your “kopi hitam”.. nice memories.Written 23 December 2018
- The entry fee is only IDR 5000 so what is there to lose! The gardens are small but we thoroughly enjoyed it for the 90 minutes or so that we were there.
It has lots of sunflowers and other bright flowers too numerous to mention. There is a bit of a Doeraemon theme running through the place and a Korean/Japanese photo opportunity place where you can hire costumes etc.
We really enjoyed the different garden areas and looking at the many different bees and butterflies. There is a simple cafe there and plenty of room to sit and chill if it rains which it does a lot in Lombok. The drive up the mountain was also fascinating.
Definitely worth the visit if you combine with a temple or two along the wayWritten 3 January 2020
- I was visited this place for twice. Mr Theo, the artist and also owner of this place is very creative and inspirative person. He create many product from waste paper. Even table and chair can made by waste paper! It's very WOW!Written 18 December 2016
- Nice place to go for a swim, costs about two dollars and 30 dollars for a month. Small gym attached with treadmills and cycles.Written 20 December 2015
- We were dissapointed by the temple. Run down and empty. Too bad we paid the 20k each entrance but oh well! Theres just not a lot to see here. Go see the temples on Bali, theyre much more well kept and interesting to visit!Written 2 August 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Mataram
- The best day trips from Mataram according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Around Lombok One Day Tour - Private Day Tour
- Mataram City Tour with Guide (Private Basis)
- Private Lombok Waterfall Tour: Benang Kelambu, Benang Stokel & Narmada Park
- Full-Day Private Trip to South Lombok
- Soft Trekking to Benang Kelambu & Benang Stokel Waterfalls