- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
36 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 36
What travellers are saying
- This place has some excellent , and I mean excellent ceramics , prices range from less than 100TL for some small trinkets to well over 8000TL if you want a unique ceramic item that is more art inspired. We spent a lot of time there just admiring many of the excellent items. It’s a lovely shop. Maybe don’t take the kids, as you don’t want them knocking over something very expensive and unique ! Do pop in, it’s a visual feastWritten 9 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very knowledgeable about carpets and very good quality carpets...Ali and mustafa are highly recommended. They have a fantastic range and knowledge...Written 28 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I spent a lovely couple of hours chatting amd selecting a rug from Ruth, owner of Tribal Collections-Nomadic Rugs.
Ruth is a NZer and has lived in Turkey for 30 plus years and her collection and knowledge of rugs both personal and for sale is remarkable.
She has Osman there who "shows" the rugs and keeps it all organised.
Once you have selected and purchased you are provided with a certificate of authenticity with the official stamp.
Loved every moment spent with Ruth and Osman...thank you.Written 3 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Such a great experience! Beautiful carpets and cushions 😍 and very good customer service 👌 very well located and prices are very fair.Written 21 September 2022
- We feel so fortunate to have come across Ibrahim's shop close to our hotel. We had already examined carpets (and prices) at some other shops. At Kervan Ibrahim gave us a lot of his time, his prices were far more reasonable than any others we'd seen, and at the same time we felt that we were dealing with a genuine person. We came away feeling comfortable that we had bought authentic products at fair prices. We also photographed information about our carpet types from books that Ibrahim had shown us. We highly recommend a visit to this shop.Written 1 September 2022
- This store was an extraordinary visit. My family and I were strolling around when this store captured our attention. The owner was friendly, honest, and had a beautiful spirit. His store was unique for quality/ handmade products. Surely a gem in Cappadocia.Written 19 July 2022
- This is a family run rug shop who are incredibly friendly and have a passion for what they do. Their selection of rugs is top notch with lots of different styles and sizes as well as price ranges. Their knowledge of the rugs is incredible. We appreciated their patience with us as we looked and felt no pressure to buy (although we couldn't pass up the great rugs).
They offered us tea and we enjoyed talking with them about rugs, culture and Cappadocia.
Additionally, they do rug repair and cleaning. We took a rug to get repaired and cleaned. They did an amazing job!
We will definitely be back!Written 3 April 2021
- 3 words: BEST RUGS EVER.
A must go when in Cappadocia.
Most beautiful rugs, runners, and other crafts.
Hussein is a fair and friendly businessman. His shop has the best quality in all of Turkey.Written 14 September 2022
- Hakan was our guide for both the Red and the Green tour. A very knowledgeable, polite and jovial man who goes out of his way to add flavor & color to the tours. Right from our pickup at Hotel Royal Stone House to our drop off back to the hotel in the evening he made the day for us 5 guests. Will always look forward in meeting him once again. Thank you Hakan for making our stay in Göreme delightful.Written 20 November 2019
- Faruk & his mother were so helpful and kind. They spoke English and gave us good deals. Faruk described each piece we were buying and gave us great insight about Cappadocia. Absolutely recommend buying pillows/rugs from here!!!Written 23 June 2022
- I’ve once been to here for shopping and finally bought some necklaces and bracelets for my nephews and nieces, They are gorgeous and prices are acceptable. The most experience was the shop owner, he was kind and helpful.Written 4 October 2021
- Unbelievable quality and work - and no ripoff!
My wife and I visited this wonderful shop in Goreme, Turkey to browse. We left with a package of ceramics being shipped to us. Goreme to Canada in only 7 days. Amazing!
Back to the shop. Bora is the artist and we watched him work - all freehand and unbelievable. He and his father took the time to explain the difference between quality and plaster junk and explained many of the pieces to us. Pricing is excellent and after a few minutes, we felt confident in the honesty and integrity of Bora and his father. We are so happy to have a package of their pieces coming and there is a set of a large white bowl with plates that will be our next order.
Trusting, honest and exceptional handmade craft work. For anything ceramic I know where we are going to turn and you may wish to have a look too. And yes, Bora the artist speaks English.
Thanks, Bora and your father for such a wonderful time.
Best wishes from Canada. 5-star all the way!Written 17 December 2021
- When we went to the shop there isn't too many people inside the shop so we have enough time to talk with shop owner. He told us very useful information about rugs and carpets. Their carpets and rugs are all handwoven. The shop owner is a very knowledgeable man he is a antique carpet researcher. He has many antique pieces. This shop is quite big. They also have many beautiful handmade jewelries. We bought two rings and a bracelet on a good price. They have very different and unique silver jewelries . I recommend everyone to visit this shop.Written 10 July 2021
- This reveiw is long overdue. But we had a great time purchasing 2 rugs from Hasan. He was very polite, patient. honest and very passionate about his merchandise. Prices were really the best we have encountered in Turkey, very reasonable and we are very happy with our carpets. If I should return to Turkey, Rose Carpet would be the place to go! Highly recommended!Written 20 February 2020
- The storefront says “Village Dowry”
This is the best place in all of Cappadocia and Istanbul. We searched several stores in Cappadocia and the bazaars in Istanbul.
He was the only person who knew the stories and designs of each village. You can tell he’s passionate - he carries the highest quality rugs and carpets. He’s been in this business for 15 years.
I truly truly fell in love with my experience here. He spent at least 2 hours showing us different designs. He was not pushy at all. His prices were the best for the incredible quality.
He also gave us very fair prices based on our research online, chatting with Turkish friends, and comparing prices across shops.
Highly recommend his rugs.Written 10 June 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Goreme
- These experiences are best for shopping in Goreme:
- Cappadocia Photo Shoot
- Full Day Hidden Treasures of Ihlara Valley Hiking Tour
- Private Tour of Cappadocia Local Carpet Weaving with Pick Up
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping in Goreme:See more shopping for children in Goreme on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking shopping in Goreme:See more shopping for groups in Goreme on Tripadvisor