Speciality Museums • History Museums
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- we have enjoyed the visit very much. it was very well done and the display panels were packed with useful and meaningful information. we enjoyed sampling the tea too.Written 27 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I adore the museum's display of traditional clothing and the chung thye phin story, as well as the souvenirs and toys that take me back to my younger years.Written 25 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I got lost trying to locate this spot. This gallery is located at the basement of the Xcess bookstore. The way to the basement is interestingly designed. Not much stuff about Yasmin but enough to get the feeling of her inner self attributesWritten 10 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Relocated recently from Concubine Lane to on top of Time Tunnel in Jalan Panglima, Ipoh Old Town.
This is Elvin's personal collection of Cars, Planes, Models; proudly displayed with lots of photo's, history and articles. He is wealth of knowledge on his collection, which has grown since our first visit here in Feb 17.
Very moderately priced, and for all collectors this is something to aspire to!!
See you soonWritten 3 February 2019
- Really nice geology museum. It covers everything related to geology in a clear, informative and interesting way. I'm not directly into geology but found it very interesting. Very modern and well kept feeling. It is small, but not as small as expected. And it's free!Written 16 November 2019
- This museum is best for Malaysians and Singaporeans aged 30 years and above as it can fill one with nostalgia. I do however think it needs some maintenance as some parts were dusty and a few rooms were stuffy with no fans.Written 10 July 2022
- I stumbles upon this museum when doing the heritage walk. The building itself is very well kept and the staff was very friendly. Nothing wrong. Just a bit, well, boring. You get to see equipment used in tin mining and learn about some of the historical buildings in Ipoh. Not all information was translated to English. There's no reason to not drop in if you happen to go by past it. But also no reason to make a plan to get out there. It is free!Written 17 November 2019
- The manager of the coffee shop next door (Sedap) is also a manger at this museum. As his english is fluent, he gave a most interesting rendition of the story of Concubine Lane. (As a matter of fact if he is not on the premises, go to the coffee shop and see if he is around.). This is the kind of place you take your time visiting.
There is no elevator in this several story high building. As you walk up the stairs to the museum your senses will be inundated with plenty of wall/street art that's worth looking at. Once you get to the museum floor there is a care taker who does not speak english. The museum is set up as a iconic early 20th century concubine apartment. Fascinating collection of furniture, decorative accessories and kitchen items.Written 19 April 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Ipoh
- These are the best places for budget-friendly speciality museums in Ipoh:See more budget-friendly speciality museums in Ipoh on Tripadvisor