Ipoh Hidden Gem Attractions
THE BEST Hidden Gem Attractions in Ipoh
Best Ipoh Hidden Gem Attractions
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Bodies of Water • Caverns & Caves
What travellers are saying
- Our family was absolutely delighted with the visit and guided tour. Leong (the guide) was knowledgeable, humourous and overall outstanding. The kids loved the visit.Written 28 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I wanted to catch up with my friend whom I have not met in 5 years. She kindly offered to drive me to Ipoh which I have never been. So I flew to KLIA where she and another friend picked me up. It was quite a long drive to Ipoh. There is direct flight from Singapore to Ipoh.
While driving to Ipoh, we did stopover for lunch near Cameron Highlands. Food is quite good. The place where we had lunch is popular and packed with travellers going to Ipoh or Cameron Highlands.
Ipoh is not like a big city. It is quite laid back. While places like Lou Wong is popular with tourists but we chose to eat at places popular with locals like Ong Kee. According to my friends, it is cheaper too.
We also shopped for biscuits and snacks. If you do have time, you should shop around before committing your purchases. We noticed that there is a difference of 1 to 2 ringgits for similar items.
While in Ipoh, we visited Tasik Cermin, Kin Loong cafe and Qing Xin Ling Leisure & Cultural Village. If you are into taking pictures, there are murals in the Cultural Village for you to snap pictures. Tasik Cermin is very serene and a good place to snap pictures. You can take a short boat ride in Tasik Cermin. Kin Loong is just a cafe next to the caves. Be prepared for the long queue. I noticed more structures are being built near the cafe. Maybe next time there will be more food outlets.
While in Ipoh town, we visit Ho Yan Hor Museum and tin alley. We wanted to visit Han Chin Pet Soo (Hakka mining museum) but it was closed. We were advised to book a slot for both museums.
To get around Ipoh, it will be good have a car and drive around.Written 20 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I got lost trying to locate this spot. This gallery is located at the basement of the Xcess bookstore. The way to the basement is interestingly designed. Not much stuff about Yasmin but enough to get the feeling of her inner self attributesWritten 10 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.