Religious Sites • Churches & Cathedrals
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
11 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Smart looking building with some nice stained glass windows etc.
Holy water at entrance needs filling as both receptacles were empty at the start of mass.
We could not find anywhere to light a candle.
Well worth a visit if you are nearby.Written 22 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- St. John's Cathedral has been around for ages and it is believed to be one of the oldest Catholic Churches in Kuala Lumpur. It is located along Jalan Bukit Nanas, slightly up the slope and away from the hustle and bustle of the city main life. From this cathedral, you can witness the KL Tower and also the iconic Petronas Twin Towers. The cathedral is beautifully constructed and is very well maintained too. I simply love spending time here.Written 1 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited my beloved Holy Rosary Church after being in lockdown and finally attended Mass. It was good to be "In my Father's house"after all this time. We filled in Google forms and then got an invitation to attend mass. The church volunteers did a great job ushering us in, had to scan the bar code, fill in details, hand in identification cards, name check on list, used hand sanitiser and was given a numbered sticker on my sleeve. We totally practised social distancing. Two people sat at pews which normally holds 6. Fr Joachim Tan's service was shorter than usual. The ushers made sure we left immediately after the service. Job well done Holy Rosary Church.Written 13 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice quaint English-style Church that is close to the main square and is worth visiting. There was a pushy woman at the entrance making sure everyone was wearing masks.Written 13 August 2022
- Sree Krishna Temple is in Brickfields close to two other Hindu temples. It was undergoing maintenance and there wasn't much to see although the facade appeared colourful.Written 26 April 2018
- The Church dedicated to Our Lady of Fatima is located just few metres away from the main road in Brickfields and in the city centre. The church does not have any great architecture but does accommodate a large congregation. Parking is a problem as it is on the main road , there is a grotto within the compound. Access seems easy to the church with its proximity to the little India commercial market.Written 20 June 2018
- St Andrews Presbyterian Church is a white-colored church which located in Jalan Raja Chulan and close to other attractions such as Muzium Telekom, KL Tower (Menara KL)and KL Forest Eco-Park. It was opened to public in 1918 and received a nickname as "Scottish Church" as it served mainly the Scottish community who lived and worked in this country during the British era.Written 4 July 2018
- Located in Hot Springs, Setapak, this is a Roman Catholic Church under the Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur. Housed in a simple building, it was originally built in 1964 with a unique roof in the shape of a tent. Masses are conducted in English except on weekends when they are conducted in Tamil, Mandarin and Bahasa.Written 23 January 2018
- Our Family of 3 moved to KL in August 07. Looking for a Baptist Church We visited CBC and did not stop going until We moved back to US in 2012. This is one of the Sweetest Fellowships I have ever been a part of. They truly do what the song Jesus Loves Me says" Red, Yellow, Black and White. When going into the Church You are greeted with hugs and Welcomes. You feel excepted and at home right away. They Praise Jesus with open hearts and Joy like I've never experienced. This is well worth a Sunday to visit. If You get there 30 to 40 minutes early there is a stall right beside the Church that makes the best Naun and fried rice. You will want to go back and get to know these Precious People..loved it so much We came back to attend a wedding in August. Will always be Our Home away from Home.Written 27 January 2015
- One of the oldest church in KL area. Located next to sunway velocity & LRT station. Friendly staff & fatherWritten 26 June 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Kuala Lumpur
- These are the best places for budget-friendly churches & cathedrals in Kuala Lumpur:See more budget-friendly churches & cathedrals in Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor