- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
7 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Visited here on a Thursday and Fri night pre covid for food and night market experience
So much choice and atmosphere
Would highly recommendWritten 2 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Good to buy cheap products. But many products are from India and Bangladesh. Check the tag before you buy. Bargain a lot upto 50%. Those who want Chinese food can have here.Written 19 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A lot smaller than expected, not much to do and surprisingly we didn't see that many restaurants...We visited late afternoon so possibly more happening in the evening? We walked around a bit; along by the coloured archways and up the street to the busy junction to see the Torana Gate. Recommend walking past to take a few photos at least. Located at a busy junction, there is also a large elephant monument/fountain at same junction.
We visited during the day as we planned to visit some of the local temples. We had read that Sri Kandaswamy Temple is very similar to the one we visited in Chinatown but even larger. However we were very disappointed that this was closed and covered up on arrival. We also walked a long way out of the area to see Buddhist Maha Vihara but there was not a lot to see here and would not recommend. Both are to be reviewed separately.
Little India was rather a let down for us. There wasn't much to see or do, nor did we find many restaurants. We did have a good meal at Chat Masala, which was sooooo cheap! (reviewed separately) So if ever in KL again we would return to visit Sri Kandaswamy Temple and have another meal. It is a distance from the city centre, over 20 minutes drive, but a Grab was only 16MYR back to our hotel (£3).Written 14 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- An air conditioned walkway linking the Pavilion with KLCC. It makes the journey walkable in the extreme heat but it’s not as cool as you might expect. I’m a regular user and without it I would never shop at KLCC!Written 24 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I went in the morning before food stalls were open so can’t rate a restaurant but did try a couple tasty nibbles from within the neighborhood as well as an avacado chocolate shake on my way out. My interest is seeing and feeling the life of older traditional neighborhoods, walking among the people who live in the houses built by forebears. There are many traditional homes improved as generations passed or not so, people who lived within this community for generations. I stopped to draw, stood back as a sea of traditionally dressed men left their worship at a neighborhood mosque, walked down this street and that. In doing so I was greeted by several people, treated to heartfelt conversation by several more. This endangered neighborhood deserves to be preserved if for no other reason than to show what life was like before KL was swallowed by urban renewal.Written 2 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- it was once a village solely for the chinese community but now it has transformed to a residential area. they were forced to be isolated in those days. now you get proper roads and electricity. not much of an attraction but it is part of our history.Written 22 January 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kuala Lumpur
- These are the best places for couples seeking neighbourhoods in Kuala Lumpur:See more neighbourhoods for couples in Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly neighbourhoods in Kuala Lumpur:See more budget-friendly neighbourhoods in Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor