- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Art Galleries • Speciality Museums
Admission tickets from S$23.38
What travellers are saying
- This was I’ve of my favourite activities in three weeks in SE Asia. The batik was fascinating and great fun but it’s the interaction with Emilia that made it so much fun. She’s hilarious, warm and welcoming. Definitely no hard sell. Her work is astonishing and available to purchase at very reasonable prices if you choose to. I contacted her via WhatsApp to arrange a time which worked out really well. I paid when I got there (she also has credit card facilities). The studio is on the ground floor of her house so you feel like you’ve almost made a friend by the time you leave.Written 28 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A very nice museum (unfortunately the gallery was closed for repairs or so) but the remaining floors offered a good insight into the development of the Malaysian central bank, it’s role and responsibilities, etc. Also a good overview of the development of coins and noted throughout the last few hundred years. All in all, interesting exhibition with everything displayed in BM and English so good for tourists as well. Some nice interactive areas and activities so also younger kids would be entertained for a while. Parking is RM 5 but the museum itself is free (you need to put a deposit of RM 10 for putting any bags you have in a locker).Written 15 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The interior and architecture is super extra stunning! No need to worry, Ur-Mu's staff is friendlyWritten 5 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Reading about this exhibition I was wondering where the gallery might be until realizing it was in the black cube which I was looking at while swimming next door. As the Galeri Petronas has closed this was a good opportunity to have a look at local art. Their shop was full of nice things though nobody paid any attention to me.Written 25 January 2023
- Wonderfully curated art gallery and a great source of inspiration. Its located on the hidden rooftop of The Gardens Mall and is a worthy must visit with such friendly service. Also free admission.Written 8 February 2019
- Great way to spend time indoors whilst it pours outdoors. Nothing like some silly family fun taking photos of this 3D art. Very clean and lovely helpful staff who will gladly take pics for you if needed.
It was very quite with 1 only other family at the time of our visit.
The managers were delightful to chat with.Written 22 June 2023
- Nice place to visit, specially when it comes to leather products, must visit with family and keep your pocket ready.!Written 13 October 2018
- The botanic garden did not impress because it was poorly maintained (broken benches) , lack of description on vegetation and should contain plants and trees in what is diversity of flora of tropics
However , disappointment mitigated by walkabout discovery of this local comic museum ! the curator certainly made our day with expose of the local cartoonists esp Lat and Gila Gila artists
the $5 entrance fee hardly would cover their operating costs so don’t hesitate as RM5 cannot buy you much in malaysia these daysWritten 20 February 2019
- Nino the manager was outstanding to deal with and willing to refund no questions asked.
They have such a wide range of styles you can spend hours deciding and can bargain prices.
They did a painting for me from a photo of a picture that I had and made adjustments for me along the way 😌
Highly recommendedWritten 27 July 2016
- its a must visit if you are into marvel avengers movies. It has many characters on display and also has huge marvel hollywood stars poster. Overall a decent place to visit.Written 16 January 2020
- Got myself an abstract painting last week there :) Can't wait to get it hung, very happy with the price and service. Thanks heaps!Written 28 December 2017
- A small well hidden (in terms of its location) gallery that features wonderful contemporary art work, along with the works of a featured artist. Also, has some wonderful Malay period furniture on display downstairs.Written 24 January 2017
- "Galeri Seni" is an art gallery located at level 5, Bangunan Canseleri, Universiti Malaya (University of Malaya), which is the oldest university in this country. Different theme of exhibition will take place here from time to time. The collection of paintings and arts when I was there were not so impressive and lack of information (maybe i visited during the wrong time). Galeri Seni is open from Monday-Friday and closed on weekend as well as public holidays making it difficult for average working people to pay a visit. However, the admission is free which is highly appreciated.Written 8 April 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Kuala Lumpur
- These are the best places for kid-friendly art galleries in Kuala Lumpur:See more art galleries for children in Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly art galleries in Kuala Lumpur:See more budget-friendly art galleries in Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for art galleries in Kuala Lumpur:See more hidden gem art galleries in Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor