Bus Services • Public Transportation Systems
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- I had no idea that even a bus service like GoKL could be reviewed. So when I found out the big amount of reviews, I had some fun browsing through the worst reviews (1 dot), just to see what people have to complain about when you’re getting a FREE service.
I’m not a passing-by tourist. I happen to use the GoKL bus mainly over the weekend, to go around downtown. It may occasionally happen to have not the best of driver (only once, really a brusque driving style, better be seated or you risk falling on the floor), it’s not Japan, so you can’t expect the buses to be punctual by the minute. Other than that, for what is worth given the special times we are living (no tourists around at all, thanks Covid 19 for the misery you are putting in the whole world!), here’s my experience.
The social distancing is respected and taken care of. To get on the bus you need to scan the MySejahtera app, which checks where everybody has been. No smartphone? There’s a booklet where each passenger has to fill his details (left totally to the honesty of the people). You can download and print a map of the five lines (orange, blue, green, red, purple) so to know where each one goes, where do they cross each other or other public transport means, and where all the stops are. Drivers are mainly supposed to drive competently, and not to smile to possibly grumpy tourists with expectations. Nevertheless, if you have the simple courtesy to thank them when you get off the bus, the chances of getting a smile back increase exponentially. Buses are airconditioned, like any other mean of transportation except bikes and motorbikes. If you don’t like it (as I do) search a point or a seat where you are not directly under the blow of frozen air. A bus stays clean as long as the people travelling in it behave like civilized persons and not pigs. Just saying, in the last few months I never happened to find a single piece of trash on any of the buses. Is the quality of the average passenger improved? There’s a good free Wi-fi signal (with no catches, no need to register to any site, nor to drop you personal info somewhere) on board all the buses. You can even download free e-books while on, if you feel like reading rather than looking around thru the windows. All in all, it’s a nice and relaxed way to go around downtown KL and see quite some landmarks too.
And don’t forget this main feature: it’s FREE.Written 1 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had lots of fun this tour as a group of girls! Our driver was super friendly and knowledgable, making sure we were aware of the do's and dont's of each stop. He also got us to each location quickly and gave us plenty of time to enjoy ourselves. Our first stop at the temple was beautiful and we got some great pics. Our second stop was definitely a highlight, since we got to feed and interact with monkeys hands on. Lots of laughs taking pictures with them on our shoulders! Dinner was a good portion and decent for price. Lastly, the trip out to see the fireflies was unforgettable and a bonus to watch the sunset on the lake!Written 23 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- RAPID KL AIRPORT SERVICE - CHEAPEST WAY TO/FROM AIRPORT There is a new Rapid KL (KL public transport) route to and from KLIA 1 and KLIA 2 to Kuala Lumpur. The bus takes you to Putra Heights LRT station. From there your ticket includes free use of the Rapid KL system to any other station you want to go to, on any of the LRT, MRT or BRT lines. And all for RM 10 !! (As of Jan 2020). From the airport bus terminals, you just look or ask where the bus stops. At klia2 I noticed it was using B03 loading dock. And you just buy tickets on the bus, not the ticket counter. Do not throw away receipt: you need it when you get to Putra Heights station, to exchange for a Subway token. Also, when returning to the airport, remember to keep your receipt that you get with token, because it becomes your bus ticket when you reach Putra Heights. This Rapid KL to airport service runs only from early morning to about 10pm I think. There is no sign about this great public transit service for some odd reason, but it is there! Check the rapid KL website for more info.Written 8 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Travelled on the IOI Puchong to KLIA sector at 5:30am and arrived 40mins later. Efficient and clean with free WIFI.
Only problem was the driver did not even bother to off load the bags on arrival. Overall good service for transport.Written 7 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Bus was scheduled at 3pm, however, the bus was not on time at all. It was delayed and the bus only arrive for departure at 1618 hrs. The staffs did not even told us that there was gonna be a delayed fo more than an hour firstly and when we asked them how long were the bus be arriving and their response was shortly which = an hour later. There were three receptionist at the counter but none could be even bother to at least have the courtesy to inform.
It was our first time to take this bus, and it totally was a horrific one for us. Cause the basic customer service was just a tremendous dissapointment, where we waited for an hour plus delayed bus; with no information being told to us about it.Written 18 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Bus is nice and spacious, but the driver left us stranded at the Singapore customs and they do not check and wait for missing passengers.Written 26 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My experience is based on one trip from Mersing to Singapore. Where the other company was quick and smooth, these aren’t. 20 mins late start, bus in so bad shape that it was swinging and dangling. Stopped on a gas station to get fuel. No rush. From Singapore to Mersing it took 2’50. Were still stuck at the border when there’s been 4 hrs since departure time...Written 16 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Last experience was bad. Used to be Nice, w/onboard entertainment, water, even a sandwich about 5 years ago. Now, despite higher price tag, it’s like one of those ratty, cracked windshield hustler companies, though they haven’t started consolidating loads in Ipoh, and at least they still leave from KTM & Sentral. My recent trip hit some serious holiday traffic and we stopped 2x—fine, but why did we stop just 10 minutes from Sentral, our destination? Oh, so the driver could smoke! Take Plusliner.Written 26 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- (TBS - Pasir Gudang)
- Waited for 1.5 hours at TBS
- Smoking driver
- Rude driver
- Disgusting bus ever
- Not EXCLUSIVE at all
- Too many stops before reach to pasir pasir gudang
- It took me 7.5 hours just to reach Pasir Gudang from TBS
- Total time 1.5 + 7.5 = 9 hours *sigh*
Such a worst experience I've ever had.
Don't be deceived with their EXCLUSIVE VIP
If I got a chance to rate with no star, with no doubt I'll give it.Written 27 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kuala Lumpur
- These experiences are best for bus transportation in Kuala Lumpur:
- 3 Days Private Vehicle With Driver -Explore Malaysia By Your Own Plans
- Departure Transfer : Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- Kuala Lumpur Airport Transfer to Your Hotel
- Private Transfer : Kuala Lumpur Airport Arrival with Free 4G LTE SIM Card
- 1 Day Private Vehicle With Driver -Explore Malaysia By Your Own Plans