Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Playa Conchal
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours • Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- I would highly suggest booking a tour through Erik at the Westin beach! Our family of 4 (two boys ages 5 & 10) booked two different tours with him and both were private tours with local guides who were fantastic! For the first tour we went to a National Park in Rio Celeste this was about an hour drive past the airport with beautiful scenery on the way. Our guide Bryan (who was the best!) stopped to show us toucans and pointed out the volcanos. When we arrived at the national park we walked to a gorgeous waterfall. On the way our guide stopped to educate us on rainforest foliage. After this we went to a private property to find sloths, this was such an awesome experience. The guide and owners took us on a walk through their property and took the time to show us sloths, bats, frogs and any other plants/wildlife that we came across that they thought we would find interesting. After this we ate a traditional Costa Rican lunch at a wayside restaurant. We enjoyed chatting and joking around with with Bryan. He was fantastic with my 5 year old who just loved him. After this we went to a cocoa and coffee bean farm, where we learned all about the coffee drying process and made hot cocoa. This was very interesting and we really enjoyed it. All in all everyone we came across at the various locations were so kind to my family and took the time to make this experience really special for us! I would highly recommend!Written 8 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We spent a lazy morning here enjoying the soft, light sand and the turquoise waters. It was one of the most beautiful beaches we have enjoyed while in Costa Rica. The road access is a bit adventuresome and we were glad to have an SUV.Written 24 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After training through the initial session with Matus, I immediately proceeded to book 6 more sessions for the remainder of my vacation at Conchal Reserva.
Matus is a great pro, who has a keen eye and improves your game one correction at a time. He adjusts to your style, patiently answered any questions, gave great tips and exercises to work on at home. My 20-year old daughter really enjoyed training with him as well.
If you are interested in tennis, I cannot recommend Matus highly enough. The level of coaching he provides costs at least double here in Canada.Written 8 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Spent a wonderful morning hiking the rain forest on the heliconias bridges. Jason did a fantastic job pointing out all the interesting sights. We took a break and enjoyed a delicious fajita lunch and then a visit to the sanctuary for a closer look of all the fascinating wildlife Costa Rica has to offer. The weather almost blew my plan out of the water but Jeffrey was very patient and we managed to get it in after all. Thanks Jeffrey!!!.....and Jason for a memorable experience.Written 14 November 2022
- Erik was great! He hooked us up with an incredible riverboat experience one day and a jet ski another day. Highly recommend him!Written 4 December 2022
- Andrei was a pleasure to work with. From prebooking to one week prior to our last day, personally taking us into Tamarindo he was a class act. We did the ATV tour, 1/2 day fishing, Rio Celeste and Rincon de la Vieja park. Zip lining was a blast and the ATV tour was a great way to see the local countryside. Our two longer trips Andrei set us up with Ron and I can not express how great he was. Five stars all around, book with him and don’t be pushed into what everyone else does! You won’t regret it!Written 2 December 2022
- We had an amazing day at Rincon de la Vieja with Kender as our guide. On the way he stopped to show us wildlife and gave so much interesting cultural information. We stopped halfway to eat a great breakfast before a full day in the National park. All the activities were perfect from start to finish with Kender helping us the whole time while taking awesome pictures. The teens favorite was the water slide . The park is astoundingly beautiful, and the hot springs were a perfect way to end the day . The food at the park was delicious! Prior to our trip , Kender was very easy to communicate with and promptly answered my many questions as we had some grandparents with us for the tour.Written 29 November 2022
- Best horse back riding experience in the Flamingo, Conchal, Brasilito area. We are a family of five ranging from beginner to advanced. They matched the horses and riders excellently. Both guides took us along the beautiful beaches and through the woods. We saw stingrays and fish in the water and Howler monkeys in the trees. Both guides proactively took numerous photos and videos of us along the way. Both guides were knowledgeable about the area. The horses were very well loved and cared for. Bring 2000 colones to tip the lady to watch over your car and of course tip your guides for the outstanding service that they provide. Wear pants, sneakers, hat, sunglasses and plenty of sunscreen.Written 28 October 2022
- We did the atv waterfall tour. Full pack of adrenaline and ridiculous value for the cost. Besides that they helped us arrange a rental car and transport to the airport could not recommend this company moreWritten 23 December 2021
- If you want to have the highlight trip of your vacation...look no further than this experience! So much fun- we were all beginners and the people who run it and the instructors were simply amazing! Great transportation from the Westin and great conversation. The pictures we bought were fantastic!Written 3 January 2022
- Adam led us on an amazing jet ski tour, it was spectacular. He explained each location we stopped at and was extremely fun to be around. We visited flamingo beach, pelican island, and Catalina. And at the very end we saw dolphins!! Such an awesome experience.
Gustavo is also very kind and easy to chat with, he was great to book tours with. Find him on the beach you will NOT regret it!Written 3 December 2022
- I want to thank Arenas Blancas for the excellent ATV tour! My husband and I were surprised we were the only ones on this ATV tour, as there was a big group that was just coming back when we arrived. Our tour guide, Jimmy, was excellent! He let us know we could take our time when we stopped at the beaches, and he took a ton of photos and videos of us! At one stop there was a restaurant that he said we could get drinks and food at if we wanted. We had one beach all to ourselves, so we could really hit the gas on the ATVs! The company drove us back to our hotel and the man who drove us there was incredibly nice! Later in our trip, we ran into him picking up someone else and he helped us get in touch with the other driver we were waiting for. I can’t recommend this company enough!!!! Thank you so much for this experience!!!Written 12 August 2022
- We had an amazing experience riding these lovely horses along Conchal beach and on some of the trails behind the beaches. Jorge is a great guide and a lot of fun. These are not your typical trail horses that follow each other end to end. They will trot and run and take you on a wonderful ride. They have funny personalities and you can tell Jorge takes great care of them. A beach ride is a must if visiting this area!Written 5 September 2022
- Bryan was our transportation and guide through Rincón de la Vieja National Park. He did a great job of providing information about the local area and culture. We had young children through teenagers and Bryan expertly dealt with all of their questions. He even took great photos and videos of our family at different activities.Written 25 November 2021
- Simply magical. This family run and owned business made a very special day even more special for us.
They took us to a "the beach" kind of perfect beach. The food was delicious and the service excellent. I had a mimosa in hand the entire time.
Whatever you're looking for, whether it be a party with your friends, or a laid back adventure with your family, serendipity are there to keep you happy and safe.
Awesome times with beautiful people.
Thank you so much Serendipity!! Xo
Pura vida.Written 6 May 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Playa Conchal
- The best day trips from Playa Conchal according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Guachipelin Adventure Volcano Zipline Horseback River Tubing Combo
- Full Day Nicaragua Tour from Costa Rica
- Rio Celeste Hiking, Sloth Sanctuary & Llanos de Cortes Waterfall Tour
- Volcano-Waterfall and Hot Springs Combo ( Private)
- Marlin del Rey Catamaran Snorkel Sunset Cruise from Tamarindo or Playas del Coco