Popular things to do
- Fishing Charters
- Private and Luxury
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- 4WD Tours
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Tours & Sightseeing
- Top Picks
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Thermal Spas & Hot Springs
- Walking Tours
- Likely to Sell Out
- Ports of Call Tours
- Family Friendly
- Cultural & Theme Tours
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
Top Attractions in Playa Flamingo
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- This is such a beautiful beach. We spent a few hours here. Lots of super-soft sand and lots of shells. We walked for miles. great beach for families or couples.Written 10 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stumbled upon this place looking for some general information about the region. Randall was so helpful with assisting us in finding our way around and it definitely made our stay more enjoyable.
We booked a sailing tour through Randall and thouroughly enjoyed the sunset from the boat.
I highly recommend this company for all the vacation extras you're looking for!Written 1 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best part of travel is to connect with new people and their different talents.
The Monday Moonlight Market was recommended by a local tour advisor as a great opportunity to have that experience. I came away from the market with my best memory of Playa Flamingo.Written 25 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Luis, Luis Jr and Joy were very interactive, knowledgeable and made our trip so much fun! We saw pods of dolphins, sting rays and turtles!Written 7 August 2022
- Captain Jim did an amazing job catering to our family of 7. Our kids range from 22 to 6 and they all had a blast. Captain Jim had suggestions but let us make decisions as to what we wanted to do. He was very accommodating. And the lunch, the lunch may have been our best meal of our week.Written 10 August 2022
- They go above and beyond, and they followed a good covid protocol,
Seen so manny different types of fish, great job and I would recommend this group to anyone inquiringWritten 21 March 2021
- We had the best time surfing with Andrew and Katy! All three of us are beginner surfers and we managed to all get up on loads of waves because we had the beach and instructors all to ourselves, with Andrew giving us a push on each wave. We also had freshly cut pineapple and ice cold water greeting us at the end of the surf which was an added bonus - plus cuddles from the puppies :) such a lovely couple who also gave us great tips on beaches to visit and places to eat. Can’t recommend highly enough!Written 3 March 2020
- I’m a keen surfer back home so did a quick google before landing in CR. All the reviews for Andrew and his team where excellent and I had high hopes when I booked him up. He did not disappoint one bit. He took my wife and I to deserted spot with perfect 3ft peeling waves rolling in. We left my wife with one of his other instructors and We paddled our back to catch some of the bigger surf. Warm water, bright sunshine and a great selection of boards. 2 hours flew by. Never ending supply of rights and lefts meant my backside surfing really improved with some extra tips from Andrew.
Can’t recommend him and Point Break enough, booked up another day later this week 😀Written 11 March 2020
- Best part of the trip was our day with Dee. He was so responsive before out trip and helped figure out what the best activities would be for our family which included ages from 10-66. He was attentive, knowledgeable and helpful and helped us have the best excursion to see an amazing waterfall with a hike that was like natures obstacle course, full of fun and adventure with caves, and rope swinging through coves, and walking through rivers. We would absolutely use him again and you would be smart to do so if you are heading to Costa Rica. Dee Thanks for everything !!!!Written 5 August 2022
- my family and I (my husband and two children 18&16 years old ) did a full day adventure with Buena Vista tours. The adventure exceeded our expectations. The moment the driver (Jeffrey) picked us up we began our Pura Vida experience. our driver was also our tour guide for the day. he helped us navigate our daily adventure in order for us to participate in all of the activities. Our activities included zip lining, the waterslide, the bridge hike, the hike to the waterfalls and Hot Springs. we enjoyed the buffet lunch. Jeff Planned our activities and gave insight about the rainforest, pointed out wildlife, such as howler monkeys,spider monkeys, and toucans. Jeff was friendly, fu, and very entertaining.
The facility was gorgeous and was very clean it was a great day for our family I highly recommend itWritten 28 June 2022
- Wonderful boat day!! The Bali crew accommodated our group last minute when our scheduled charter had mechanical issues and it was absolutely wonderful! Beautiful boat, wonderful food and drinks and exceptional service! Highly recommend for a wonderful day on the water!Written 6 August 2022
- This was a great excursion on the water in CR, we were on a 50th Birthday celebration trip to CR and we chartered the boat for a private sunset cruise for our group of 11. Prior to booking I spoke to Geneva a couple of times and she was very helpful in explaining the choices of food and drinks available/included. Closer to our excursion date we got a email from them inquiring about our preference for the drinks and also confirming the number of guests who were vegetarian and non vegetarian as the majority of our group was vegetarian and precise directions to the pick up point. On the day of the excursion we arrived exactly at 1.30 pm and the crew was waiting for us in their small dingy to take us to the sailboat. Our crew Bismarck, Jonathan and Jeffrey were all amazing and after a initial safety briefing we set sail and the drinks started flowing. They have a vast variety of cocktails, beer, juices, soft drinks available and Jeffery and Jonathan kept them flowing as we sailed out of the bay, The entire group had a splendid time on the deck listening to music connected on their Bluetooth device.Captain Bismarck informed us that he would find a good spot with less waves where we could swim/ snorkel and about 2 hours into the sailing we anchored off a quiet cove. The crew helped us all with snorkel gear and Jonathan swam with us showing us the area to snorkel to see some marine life, unfortunately we didn’t see much.As soon as we got back up on the boat we were served the cowboy caviar ( dip of corn, beans etc ) and tortilla chips followed by soft tacos ( bean for the vegetarians) and ( chicken for the non vegetarians) along with a selection of sauces. The tacos were excellent and enjoyed by all. Unfortunately shortly thereafter Mother Nature intervened and there was a massive Thunderstorm accompanied by thunder and lightning, the rain was incessant and visibility was almost zero, Captain Bismarck safely anchored the boat close to the shore and told us that we would wait there until the storm passed, unfortunately the weather conditions did not change and after over an hour being anchored our group decide to head back to shore. The crew safely navigated us back to the pick up point and before disembarking asked us to have a final drink and popped a champagne for our Birthday boy. Despite the disappointment of not being able to enjoy the sunset we are grateful that we got 3 hours of great weather. If you are looking for a top notch experience,book Serendipity without hesitation.Written 4 May 2022
- I had a blast! I was like an excited (66 year-old) kid seeing all the animals and plants, and learning new things from a great guide. Javier was a pleasure to be with. He comes from 2 generations of teachers, and makes the trip exciting, fun, and full of discoveries, with learning following automatically. He spots animals everyone else missed, and pointed them all so we all could enjoy. He explains in clearly spoken English, and was a lot of fun to be with. This was the high point of my vacation. It was immersion into the Costa Rican natural countryside. A must-do adventure! p.s. The food on the trip was great.Written 10 June 2022
- We spent 35 blissful days on Flamingo Beach using this wonderful service. Alvero and his team were exceptional in providing the awning service and four wonderful reclining beach chairs, large and small tables. Alvero is personable, professional and dependable. Every day our awning was up at the agreed upon time. Alvero was an excellent communicator and would even text us if he was just a few minutes late. We felt by the end of our stay that we had made a new friend. We will use Alvero for our awning needs on our next trip to Playa Flamingo.Written 27 February 2022
- We booked three excursions with Carlos - ATV, white water rafting and mega combo. Carlos was very flexible with our scheduling changes, and all his drivers were extremely nice, friendly and accommodating. Most of all Carlos had my wife and my trust which is important in a foreign country.
We would absolutely use him again! He responds very quickly, and his team is always on time! His price is very fair and it made for a wonderful experience! Our ATV trip took us through the jungle and we were able to see wildlife and some private beaches, off the beaten path from our resort! White water rafting was very scenic with some class 1-4 rapids, and the mega combo was a must! The tour guides were awesome and we would recommend them allWritten 8 July 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Playa Flamingo
- The best day trips from Playa Flamingo according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Guachipelin Adventure Volcano Zipline Horseback River Tubing Combo
- Rio Celeste Hiking, Sloth Sanctuary & Llanos de Cortes Waterfall Tour
- Full Day Nicaragua Tour from Costa Rica
- Zip Line and ATV Adventure
- Private Waterfall and Sloths Adventure in Rio Celeste