4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours • Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
25 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Loved this beach! This area is very high end for CR. Massive yacht in the marina and a lot of development going on. We rented a tent and chairs from a vendor. We’ll worth the $30. So glad we had shade. Water was perfect and the clearest I’ve seen in CR.
My husband got an hour massage for $40 and said it was awesome!
Will definitely be back to this beach!!!!Written 30 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was the perfect way to end our week long trip in Costa Rica. Amazing service from the gentlemen onboard. So much fun snorkeling, yummy tacos, drinking kept coming and the sunset was beautifulWritten 3 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a fantastic half-day trip for a family of three adults and three boys under age 10. We had a wonderful time looking for sea life, snorkeling, and fishing. Jim and Gollo did a fantastic job and we were impressed how they had thought of everything, even the little details like having both compost and recycle bins and re-usable cups that they had pre-labeled with each of our names. They knew just where to go to find sea turtles and dolphins and took us to a great snorkeling spot. They emphasized safety and cleanliness, and we felt very secure with them; Jim gave clear safety briefings, he trailed us in the water while we were snorkeling with safety equipment, and he had a fully stocked first-aid kit that came in handy when one of our party cut a foot while snorkeling. Gollo had a spread of fresh fruit, chips, and fabulous, delicious home-made dip ready for us when we came back from snorkeling, along with a nicely stocked cooler with drinks. They let each of the boys "drive" the boat and were generous, kind, and thoughtful. We would go out with them again in a heartbeat!Written 16 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- They go above and beyond, and they followed a good covid protocol,
Seen so manny different types of fish, great job and I would recommend this group to anyone inquiringWritten 21 March 2021
- We had the best time surfing with Andrew and Katy! All three of us are beginner surfers and we managed to all get up on loads of waves because we had the beach and instructors all to ourselves, with Andrew giving us a push on each wave. We also had freshly cut pineapple and ice cold water greeting us at the end of the surf which was an added bonus - plus cuddles from the puppies :) such a lovely couple who also gave us great tips on beaches to visit and places to eat. Can’t recommend highly enough!Written 3 March 2020
- I’m a keen surfer back home so did a quick google before landing in CR. All the reviews for Andrew and his team where excellent and I had high hopes when I booked him up. He did not disappoint one bit. He took my wife and I to deserted spot with perfect 3ft peeling waves rolling in. We left my wife with one of his other instructors and We paddled our back to catch some of the bigger surf. Warm water, bright sunshine and a great selection of boards. 2 hours flew by. Never ending supply of rights and lefts meant my backside surfing really improved with some extra tips from Andrew.
Can’t recommend him and Point Break enough, booked up another day later this week 😀Written 11 March 2020
- Can't say enough positive things about our experience with Dee. Dee was right on time picking the 6 of us up at the airport. He took us to our rental house in Tamarindo which didn't have a "proper" address, but Dee knew right where it was. That's because Dee grew up in Tarmarindo as has his family going back for generations. We used Dee's services when we did a combo tour of a beautiful waterfall and a sloth/tree bridge walk which included a great lunch. He set up a river tour for us one day and on another day he drove us out to the Diamante Eco Park. On each occasion he showed up on time, in a nice shuttle or SUV, and with a big smile. Dee is full of interesting facts and we learned a lot during our outings. It really felt like we had a friend as our "go to" guy while in a foreign country. If you do nothing else at least have him pick you up and drop you off at the airport. It just makes your vacation so much less stressful to have those tasks handled by a pro. If you read this Dee THANKS for everything!Written 2 October 2022
- my family and I (my husband and two children 18&16 years old ) did a full day adventure with Buena Vista tours. The adventure exceeded our expectations. The moment the driver (Jeffrey) picked us up we began our Pura Vida experience. our driver was also our tour guide for the day. he helped us navigate our daily adventure in order for us to participate in all of the activities. Our activities included zip lining, the waterslide, the bridge hike, the hike to the waterfalls and Hot Springs. we enjoyed the buffet lunch. Jeff Planned our activities and gave insight about the rainforest, pointed out wildlife, such as howler monkeys,spider monkeys, and toucans. Jeff was friendly, fu, and very entertaining.
The facility was gorgeous and was very clean it was a great day for our family I highly recommend itWritten 28 June 2022
- Wonderful boat day!! The Bali crew accommodated our group last minute when our scheduled charter had mechanical issues and it was absolutely wonderful! Beautiful boat, wonderful food and drinks and exceptional service! Highly recommend for a wonderful day on the water!Written 6 August 2022
- This was a great excursion on the water in CR, we were on a 50th Birthday celebration trip to CR and we chartered the boat for a private sunset cruise for our group of 11. Prior to booking I spoke to Geneva a couple of times and she was very helpful in explaining the choices of food and drinks available/included. Closer to our excursion date we got a email from them inquiring about our preference for the drinks and also confirming the number of guests who were vegetarian and non vegetarian as the majority of our group was vegetarian and precise directions to the pick up point. On the day of the excursion we arrived exactly at 1.30 pm and the crew was waiting for us in their small dingy to take us to the sailboat. Our crew Bismarck, Jonathan and Jeffrey were all amazing and after a initial safety briefing we set sail and the drinks started flowing. They have a vast variety of cocktails, beer, juices, soft drinks available and Jeffery and Jonathan kept them flowing as we sailed out of the bay, The entire group had a splendid time on the deck listening to music connected on their Bluetooth device.Captain Bismarck informed us that he would find a good spot with less waves where we could swim/ snorkel and about 2 hours into the sailing we anchored off a quiet cove. The crew helped us all with snorkel gear and Jonathan swam with us showing us the area to snorkel to see some marine life, unfortunately we didn’t see much.As soon as we got back up on the boat we were served the cowboy caviar ( dip of corn, beans etc ) and tortilla chips followed by soft tacos ( bean for the vegetarians) and ( chicken for the non vegetarians) along with a selection of sauces. The tacos were excellent and enjoyed by all. Unfortunately shortly thereafter Mother Nature intervened and there was a massive Thunderstorm accompanied by thunder and lightning, the rain was incessant and visibility was almost zero, Captain Bismarck safely anchored the boat close to the shore and told us that we would wait there until the storm passed, unfortunately the weather conditions did not change and after over an hour being anchored our group decide to head back to shore. The crew safely navigated us back to the pick up point and before disembarking asked us to have a final drink and popped a champagne for our Birthday boy. Despite the disappointment of not being able to enjoy the sunset we are grateful that we got 3 hours of great weather. If you are looking for a top notch experience,book Serendipity without hesitation.Written 4 May 2022
- If you need airport transport, outdoor activities, and transportation, look no further than Javier!! Javier made my second visit and boyfriend's first visit to Costa Rica the best experience it could be.
We chose Javier for transportation from San Jose to Playa Flamingo, for an ATV tour, and for transport between Flamingo and Tamarindo. Each time Javier was on time, had refreshments, and was willing to stop at anytime for shopping/pictures!! We learned so much about the country that we wouldn't have otherwise and got fantastic advice about the areas we were staying in. Without a doubt, our next visit to Costa Rica will have Javier involved in some way. Thank you so much for making our first "big trip" together amazing!Written 13 September 2022
- Álvaro set us up with a portable shade canopy, two reclining chairs, towels, a cooler full of drinks and a Bluetooth speaker for a very reasonable price compared to any beach we’ve ever been. The location was perfect and right beside a wonderful restaurant for an easy 30-second walk to lunch. Overall we’re incredibly glad we found Álvaro and the next time we’re here in Playa Flamingo we’ll return and plan to do the exact same thing.Written 17 August 2022
- We booked three excursions with Carlos - ATV, white water rafting and mega combo. Carlos was very flexible with our scheduling changes, and all his drivers were extremely nice, friendly and accommodating. Most of all Carlos had my wife and my trust which is important in a foreign country.
We would absolutely use him again! He responds very quickly, and his team is always on time! His price is very fair and it made for a wonderful experience! Our ATV trip took us through the jungle and we were able to see wildlife and some private beaches, off the beaten path from our resort! White water rafting was very scenic with some class 1-4 rapids, and the mega combo was a must! The tour guides were awesome and we would recommend them allWritten 8 July 2021
- Went out for a 3/4 day offshore fishing trip. BOOs capt and first mate were top notch. My wife and myself had our best offshore fishing trip ever. Caught a big sail fish, a few small tunas and dozens, yes dozens of nice size dorado. Snacks, fresh food, drinks, all waited on by the crew. Customer service, friendliest crew I have ever seen. Clean, well managed boat and equipment. Will be back with Christian and his crew next time for sure!!Written 15 August 2022
- Sunset snorkel cruise was excellent. Crew was phenomenal. You never had to ask for anything. Drinks, food, activities were all there foe you. Saw turtles, sea rays (flipping out of the water), Dolphins and whales. Boar is big with plenty of space and amenities. You shouldn't hesitate to book.Written 2 September 2022