Top Attractions in Grand Terre
What travellers are saying
- would love to have a quite relaxing time there just to chill out,, was there earlier than date i selectedWas on a cruise and to a tender to this island , we were given lunch and watched the natives put on an hawain type of dancing, then free to explore, go up the lighthouse,, hire at little shop snorkel kit and snorkel next to the jetty and have a swim,, and with left over bread from lunch feed the fish swimming around our legs,, and go on a glass bottom boat and scuba dive when anchored if u had equipmentWritten 7 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Terrific to see loads of sea life on one spot without getting wet! Easy to get to and from on the hop on hop off bus.Written 19 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There wasn't very much English translation and so we struggled a little with understanding everything, but in general it was a very well laid out exhibition centre and there was lots to see and learn about.Written 9 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Crystal clear water with turtles, sea snakes (!!) and millions of fishies. And shark alert….
Heaps of people are swimming - it’s safe but stay where the lifesavers are, between the flags! Beach offers a very nice evening walk opportunity too.Written 8 October 2022
- Ok, this has been my dream! Over water bungalows, and they were lovely. What is not lovely is the fact that the water krates love it when you leave the steps down in the water! These are water snakes, they are venomous but luckily not aggresive. As soon as we put our steps down the little buggers were right there and slithering their way up the steps. This really spoiled it for me as I really wanted to sit on the bottom steps and watch the fish. I recon I had the steps down 30 seconds, sat down on the second bottom step and then a sea krate slithered over my feet and made his way up past me - too much!
On a brigher note the water is crystal clear and the fish are beautiful. Lots of close sightings of turtles and fish.Written 9 September 2022
- I ventured over to the island to see what it was like. I arrived at the water taxi by Le Fun restaurant and took the taxi over which was 1000 xpf return. On arrival I was greeted by a helpful gentleman who knew the island and where to go. I found my lounger which was expensive 2500 xpf for the hire and parked my things there and snokled all day. The reef is beautiful so many fish to see, great weather and friendly staff. The island is maintained really well and the cocktails were nice on a hot day.Written 23 November 2022
- Although the building looks small, it was full of exhibits. The exhibit captions are in both French and English languages. I was really pleased with the museum. It was well worth the short stroll from the cruise ship terminal. Although I was traveling solo, I noticed lots of fun activities for kids up to about grade 6.Written 27 October 2022
- I am staying close to the beach. It's a nice beach but not what I expected. No crystal clear blue water. It's much the same as home. Lots of nice restaurants along the beach. Nice to walk. Pretty sunsets.Written 15 October 2022
- Not a proper Zoo but good if you are a bird watcher. Spent an enjoyable half day walking through the park. The best way to see a Cagou with lots on display. Great gardens and aviaries . Very reasonable admission price too. Good for half dayWritten 1 March 2020
- Brilliant day trip from Noumea. We rented a car and drove there. You can drive round a longish road with lots of places to stop and walk or picnic at provided, shaded tables, or rent bikes or a kayak or both to explore deeper within the park, or book a spot on a shuttle bus that also takes you into the park. Walking into this section isn’t recommended as you would have to walk at least a couple of kms to get to the start of the best part. The large Kauri (one target point is 8kms from the bridge you start at and the whole route is 13kms long.
Excellent views of endemic birds at several points. This park looks like it could easily get busy at weekends especially, so book ahead for equipment or the bus.
The park is open every day except Monday.Written 7 October 2022
- We went there with Mary D, which I had done 30 years ago. We were concerned about value for money and had seen that there were other cheaper water taxi options. But very glad that we did it this way. The boat was very comfortable, service and staff were outstanding, it was very well organised and the buffet lunch had plenty on offer and was again very well organised. We also did a glass bottom boat tour while there, which also had an excellent guide. There were lots of sea snakes on land - and they got close to people, but you just needed to avoid them. Also lots of turtles to snorkel with that seemed unconcerned about swimming with humans. The view from the top of the lighthouse was amazing and really rewarding. I think our kids will rate that as one of the best things we did on our trip.Written 20 October 2022
- Best place for fresh fruit, vegetables and fish at good prices. Limited range at present because of winter storms that destroyed many fruit crops. There’s a small cafe for basic drinks and viennoiseries. Starts at 0530, over by 1130. Heavily used by local people.Written 7 October 2022
- Great beach on one side, parks, restaurants & shops on the other.
Wide walkways, exercise equipment, running tracks and picnic spots all the way. Not too crowded but used by many people. You can walk from Anse Vata into town via Lemon Bay and around the Marina.Written 14 June 2019
- it s a long time I was looking for electric bike rental to explore the fantastic site "Les Boucles de Tina" close to Noumea center .and I recently found Mark from Ebike adventure .He was very helpfull to explain how the site is organized and how to manage electric bike in different situation we could met . We have discovered the site with 2 of his very well maintained bikes during 2, 5 hours , it was just marvelous , a lot of differents levels , from beginners to expert , black red green and blue level ...even asphalt track for kids was available . A fantastic afternoom in the middle of a very quite huge bushland in the city !just increadible having so many tracks so close from Noumea I ll never forgot this experience . FranckWritten 11 October 2019
- Well maintained park with very helpful staff and handy map they lend you at the I formation office. The walks are fairly varied in length - if you are birding, recommend the shortest one! Nice spot under the trees at the start for picnics.
A good day trip from Noumea,Written 7 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Grand Terre