- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
23 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- The Noumea Morning Market is located at the south end of the CBD, just over from the main bus terminal. There is a vast array of local and imported fresh produce, which seemed to cater mainly to locals. Try the main coffee shop and the boulangerie - both seemed very popular. Attached are a large number of craft stalls, selling clothing and local souvenirs. Prices seemed high compared with an Asian market or even other Pacific Islands. Bargain of the day was a very nice lady’s top for CPF1000 (NZ$14) plus some excellent things for our grandson. Price no object for him!Written 3 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Hilton complex offers mainly fashion boutiques, restaurants and surprisingly a little art gallery showcasing local and contemporary French artists.
You can also purchase paintings with local currency or credit cards.Written 23 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Arts Premiers Galerie sells a fabulous range of artifacts from New Caledonia and many other Pacific Islands. All good quality work and as far as I can tell genuine. The woman whose gallery it is is very informative.Written 21 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An art gallery where you can sometimes discover local artists who would deserve a more international repute !Written 26 December 2018
- I saw a preview exhibition opening advertised for Gallerie de Portraits. This is an exhibition by five New Caledonian artists. The theme was portraits with paintings and sculptures in several interesting styles. The exhibition is open daily until October 10th.
The Arts Centre is easy to get on bus line 70- get off at the Strasbourg stop. Otherwise it is a short walk up the hill from Avenue La Victorie.Written 30 August 2017
- Had a fantastic shopping experience today and great explanations on the grades and colours of pearls and how the quality is ascertained. Alexandra was welcoming and lovely, assisting me to try on different pearls until I found the perfect set. Gorgeous designs in store and well worth the trip to centre ville. I look forward to coming back again next time I come to Noumea.Written 15 September 2022
- Was raining the day we visited stopped at the local market then trip to the chocolate shop for a fix nice chocolates pricey like everything in Nouméa. Brought some macaroons as well everybody enjoyed them. If you are after some high quality chocolates this fits the bill even though they are on the expensive side.Written 3 May 2019
- We have been to Noumea several times on cruises and just love this shop. The staff are so helpful and speak English. You can buy boxes of chocolates that are already made up or you can choose your own assortment. They sell the best teas ever! The Kusmi tea range is superb with spearmint green tea just beautiful. Do take the time to visit here and indulge!Written 1 March 2018
- Found this brand new boutique which opened recently at the Anse Vata shopping area, only specializing in soaps, which is amazing, plenty of variety and also a perfect original gift to bring back home. The designs, shapes and packaging are very appealing, smells and fragrances are fantastic, very warm welcome by Celine who can recommend the perfect soap for each type of skin.Written 12 March 2020
- Sadly it was their weekly holiday and most of the establishments were closed. We could not really find anything uniquely local. Lots of novelties but nothing that really caught our eye.Written 9 October 2019