- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
24 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- this felt more modernized. I go to see the people and the culture, this was just like shopping at homeWritten 4 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Pretty large market just outside 4 resorts. It was a 20 minute walk from the Riu Republica so no need to take a cab. Has the typical trinket souvenirs but also sells cigars and some Dominican rum like Barcelo Imperial for $25US, which is why I give it 3/5 instead of 2/5. There are about 2 dozen stores but they all sell the same product and be ready for some very pushy sales. If you can't deal with that, don't go. If you love to haggle, this was made for you.Written 18 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Shopped in Punta Cana At The Majestic Resort. Dago personally delivered my ring to me....after resizing...
Beautiful Larimar jewelry.Written 22 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We first found La Perla on trip advisor, so glad we did !! All the best reviews are true. Jeremy was excellent. Easy contact through what’s app, and we got a reply within a few hours. He picked us up with his wife from our hotel, which we had to meet him at the front gate because security sometimes gives him trouble to pass. He took us to his store and told us all about his business as well as the cigar making process. We got to test a cigar- he ever went over how to properly cut, light, store and get the most flavour out of your cigar. Not only did we meet his wife, but also and employee and his daughter. Great prices- much cheaper then the resort and MUCH better quality. Afterwards he gave us a lift back to our resort and answered all of our questions about Dominican Republic. He knows his stuff ! So don’t hesitate and go now !
Robbin and JeffWritten 14 December 2019
- I highly recommend this store. We visited all Russian shops in the area, this is the best. Great choice and good prices. Both sellers are very kind and helpful.Written 21 May 2018
- We forgot CPAP in Toronto - we were able to rent from Handicap Travelers DR and the service was amazing. They communicated using Whats App so no difficultly in getting a quick response. I would highly recommend them for any handicap services in DR. They delivered the CPAP directly to the resort and even returned the next day to switch out a mask.Written 20 March 2022
- shop in small hotel but very good!!! staff super nice, very friendly and helpfoul. For this shop and staff I will return to this hotel!
Thank U for gifts for my kids 😍Written 11 May 2020
- This place was about a 10 minute walk from where I was staying so figured it wan't really worth getting a shuttle there. I am so glad I stopped by as it was a really nice store with pretty good prices. Everything is listed in USD but they do accept Pesos so don't worry about if you don't have USD (I know I didn't so had to ask). They even have a little liquor sampling station so you know what you're going to buy! And my god, I got a lotion from this place to save my skin and it smells absolutely delicious. I can't get enough of it! Highly recommend taking a peek inside.Written 14 September 2018
- Don't be alarmed if you take a walk to Cuzie's and the yellow buildings are caved in.
It is now located on the other side of the road.Written 29 June 2017
- Great service and always on time. Melvin is an amazing guy. We have been to Dominican Republic many times and we know one service we can always rely on.Written 8 June 2022
- Certainly a handful of cigarettes on sale, sellers will offer you a good price - which you can definitely lower a bit more...Written 28 August 2018
- We needed some obligatory souvenirs and T-Shirts and found this shop offered the most variety in colors and sizes of many of the shops we had visited! The prices ranging from $12-$23 US depending on your choices and they offered a $10 coupon on entering the store! Lots of other trinkets and nic-nacs for sale. Located in the Plaza San Juan mall, 1st floor on the front, very end.Written 24 June 2015
- I wish I had stopped here before going inside the mall. They had reasonable prices and beautiful hand crafted wooden items. Free WiFi 😊Written 24 September 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Bavaro
- These experiences are best for shopping in Bavaro:
- NightLife tour # 1 Party Punta cana club,Best party Tour Down Town Punta cana
- Full Day City Tour of Punta Cana
- Parasailing Experience Over the Punta Cana Coast
- Guided Tour to Don Lucas Cigar Factory. Souvenirs, rum, coffee and shopping tour
- Private ATV Adventure in Macao Beach with Lunch