- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
99 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 99
What travellers are saying
- Stunning scenery on 17 mile drive. October a very good time to visit, weather perfect and not too busy.Written 25 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our main reason for going to the Plaza was to collect some information from the visitor center located on the second floor. I agree this was a well designed shopping area, open floor plan and a good assortment of restaurants and stores. Parking was easy to find on a surrounding street with two hour time limit. Bathrooms were located on the second floor and were clean.
I observed good COVID-19 practices in the stores, visitors and a decent number of hand sanitizers deployed around the plaza.
Courtyard was populated with tents for the now banned outdoor eating but you could still see the nice landscaping with seating to enjoy using proper special distancing. There was even a dedicated Fountain of Woof just for dogs. Drinking from the fountain was said to bring good luck for the dog?!?
Unfortunately the visitor center was closed. A sign did encourage visitors to call their number and staff would answer or return the message. I received my callback the next day, so maybe they were very busy?Written 12 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- From the warm welcome you'll receive to the expansive array of art and artists, this is a do-not-miss art lovers destination. Suzanne, Sally, and Kim are knowledgeable, low key, and happy to assist whether in telling you about an artist or pulling works from the stacks. You'll find something special at every turn.Written 11 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went to Dawson Cole Fine Art. The sculpture pieces are done based on real people. I was in particularly intrigued with the Cirque du Soleil piece. I spoke to the staff at the art gallery and she told me all about the piece.
This art work is amazing to see. It would be nice to own such amazing art.Written 7 November 2019
- We visited the Photography West Gallery in Carmel. The gallery has beauitulf photogrpahs of the California area. The photographs are taken by well-known photographers.Written 18 February 2020
- We returned to see the very good photograhy art at the Weston Galley in the downtown Carmel area. This area has several amazing art galleries to explore.Written 7 November 2019
- I actually had a business relationship with prior owners of this gallery space, and always look inside to see what is going on during different time periods. The artist's prime income appears to be for funded commissions in municipal places, although smaller pieces are available for purchase. The educational displays of how the bronze casting is accomplished are very educational. The artist's wife was there during our visit, and was very hospitable.Written 16 August 2019
- My friend happened upon this gallery when it was closed, we went back when they were open and SO happy we did. Toni, is FABULOUS, FRIENDLY...AND KNOWLEDGEABLE about all things Dr. Suess! I ended up making a purchase and had it shipped out of state to a friend. Toni followed up on it immediately and called both my friend and I when UPS said it would be returned. Excellent customer service long after leaving the gallery.Written 19 October 2019
- There are two galleries next to one another. They represent living artists and with a lot of variety. The artwork is amazing and the staff very helpful and patient.Written 15 May 2019
- Worth the trip. An excellent selection of diverse photographs. Staffed by knowledgeable volunteers. Convenient parking.Written 21 November 2018
- This gallery has an amazing display of artwork. We stopped in here while strolling through downtown Carmel and window shopping. The staff is very welcoming, polite and truly helpful.Written 14 July 2019
- We enjoyed seeing the art at Winfield Gallery in Carmel. The gallery was founded in 1989 by Christopher Winfield. It specializes in contemporary art. Art forms include paintings, drawings, sculptures, ceramics, and photos.Written 18 February 2020
- A beautiful gallery focused on bronze sculpture, which I love and is very rare to find. The history of this family is extensive as they have produced items for the White House, the Vatican and for numerous high end competitions---Pebble Beach Golf Classic. Ashley provided helpful information on the items displayed along with some history of them. These are original and numbered copies the beautiful sculptures created by this family. The flowing lines and conceptual detail are what I enjoy.
This is far more than the Wyland sculptures available all over Hawaii, Tahoe , etc. even though Wyland does produce was beautiful works.
Bennett offers total uniqueness and is appreciated by serious collectors as well as people just browzing Carmel.Written 27 July 2021
- We wondered in and really felt like we had found something special. An excellent selection of works and artists in various media, more museum like than gallery. There was no heavy sales push, just an offer to provide information and help if needed. Diane Smiley assisted us, in both locations. She allowed us to see the lower level display room at the San Carlos St. location (there are 2 locations in town). WOW, some amazing works in the Great Master's style.
If you desire quality original fine art from a gallery with great service and respectful, knowledgeable staff then this is a place for you. Even if you are not in the market just viewing what they have here is fun and a great way to enjoy fine art--but, be prepared that you may just fall in love with something to take home.Written 27 July 2021
- We were thrilled to go into the Wyland art gallery while strolling through the shops in downtown Carmel. I love Wyland's work and have long been a huge fan of his amazing dedication to marine mammals. You won't be disappointed. Wonderful staff.Written 14 July 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Carmel
- These are the best places for couples seeking shopping in Carmel:See more shopping for couples in Carmel on Tripadvisor