Top Attractions in Geyserville
What travellers are saying
- I am so glad that my sister found the Sbragia as it was one of the best tastings we did during our time in Sonoma! I love that it is a small, family owned winery that has been passed down through the generations. They really gave us a personalized experience that wasn't replicated any other place. Dave worked with our group of 4 during our tasting and was wonderful! He was very knowledgeable, answering all of our questions and more! He was friendly, put us at ease, and made it a memorable experience for us. The wine was also fantastic! The 2020 Redwood Ranch Sauvignon Blanc was my favorite sauvignon blanc we tasted the whole weekend!
The winery itself is very grand right from the entrance, driving past the beautiful sign and up the hill. We had our tasting on the terrace, which overlooks the winery and had beautiful views of the area. It's a great background for pictures!Written 10 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Booked my hubby a wine tasting here just before lunchtime. Not sure I could have done one at that time, without a spittoon, without getting blasted! However he thoroughly enjoyed it and sitting upstairs surrounded by film
Memorabilia related to Francis. If you live the Godfather and Apocalypse Now then you will enjoy looking in all of the cabinets. We then headed to the Rustic restaurant for lunch, sitting outside on the patio in the sun overlooking the vibes. Tasty pizzas and wine - happy bunnies! Sadly we didn’t have the time to chill out by the pool but that would have been another level of time enjoyable.Written 4 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I was up here with a group of guys with EO (Entrepreneurs Organization). It was great location with great views, the staff was great and the experience overall
Was A+Written 9 February 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- MacKenzie was a first rate host, welcoming and knowledgeable. The outdoor patio was beautiful and comfortable, and the views are stunning. Wines were excellent, and MacKenzie adjusted our pours to reflect our preferences, which we really appreciated. We bought several bottles to enjoy at home.Written 24 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great time here. Found this place on Groupon, and what a deal. Not only was there a good discount on the price of the testings, we got a free bottle of wine, which alone was the price of the Groupon. And the wine itself was good and not very expensive. Bought several bottles. The atmosphere was pleasant, as we had the tastings outside in a beautiful setting. I can see why there are a lot of weddings here.Written 26 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great tasting and learning experience! Our guide, Lizzy, offered us their luscious zins and two surprises. Surprise #1 was their petite sirah. This is a grape that lots of winemakers blend in to their other reds, but winemaker Montsee Reese makes a 100% petite sirah. Wow! Dark purple in color, sure to tint your teeth, complex sweet dark cherry nose and long subtle cherry flavors. In my opinion, Reese belongs in the elite club of great women winemakers, along with Phyllis Zouzounis, Carol Shelton, Zelma Long, and others.
Sorry, I’ll stop ranting and mention surprise #2. Their vintage port is from Portuguese grapes which Raymond Burr planted in his famous Raymond Burr Vineyard. Sadly, we heard those grapes were all ripped out of that vineyard by new owners. The good news is: cuttings from those vines were saved and planted at Pedroncelli. Yes, they make delicious port. Reese knocks it out again!
We were also a little surprised to see Jim Pedroncelli stop by for lunch and share a few thoughts.
I’m a bit cheap, but I joined their wine club. This is the only wine club I’ve ever joined.
Fun and tasty afternoon! Strongly recommended!Written 14 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I absolutely loved this stop! We decided to walk around the tiny town after visiting Coppola winery. The sign that said we could order food at Diabolo while tasting wine sealed the deal! We were the only guests there for most of the time (Thurs afternoon). The hostess (Maria?) was a lovely lady of obvious Italian heritage who described how her brother makes these wines. We really appreciated the connectedness to the wines, along with them being tasty. We felt like family while eating and drinking here. Tasting is $20pp which is waived if you buy 2 bottles of wine. You will want 2 bottles… The staff at Diabolo next store will deliver food to you there, which is an added bonus. Everything we had was absolutely delicious!Written 2 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We added this one on last minute and it was great! We had the priority pass which is how we found it beautiful grounds. Cute house dog. Good wine. Awesome info cards about each wine. Great experience!Written 20 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I stopped by hear on a whim when visiting Geyserville and am I glad I did. The tasting room is really neat. Looks to have been an old bank?
The young guy (sorry forgot his name!) was very energetic and passionate about the wines but also a wealth of knowledge. As a wine buff, anytime that someone is able to add additional information (such as harvest stories, or the story of the lost carmenere) besides just reading off the wine label, is a bonus.
My personal favourite was Shimmer Syrah but unfortunately only have so much space in the suitcase so I had to leave it behind. With that being said, I do hope to go back and pick it up. Really wish I'd have been able to get it.
The pinot noir's were also very good too!
As for the desert wine, FroZin, while interesting, it's not actually icewine (nor does the winery claim it is, rather it's just their unique take on it), while I'll stick with the real thing, I would recommend trying it if you get the chance as it is an interesting to at least try.
In any case, I highly recommend stopping in to this small boutique winery. Overall, they have a good solid wine selection, it'd be hard to not find at least one wine to fall in love with.Written 1 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We're Francis Ford Coppola Wine Club members, so our tasting was free. We were familiar with a couple of the wines and got to try different ones. Enjoyed the wine--Pinot Noir was my favorite. Great service and we learned the history behind the name. Next visit, we'll try the restaurant.Written 19 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Pretty tasting room and comfortable backyard patio set up for pandemic restrictions.... Wines were on the lighter side yet we found a couple to take home. The sauvignon blanc was particularly smooth and not sweet at all.Written 18 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Had a fantastic time at the winemaker’s dinner. Food superb and opportunity to try new wines a bonus. We all ended up buying a case of newly discovered vintageWritten 29 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- If you are lucky enough to have Lisa, one of the owners, in the tasting room - what a treat! Knowledgeable, personable and delightful! Beautiful property! And wines are impeccable! A must to visit when in the area!Written 8 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- On a recent trip to the Windsor area, wanted to play some low-roller blackjack. Pre-pandemic, River Rock had some very player-friendly single-deck blackjack rules (better than Graton). Sadly, the rules for the single-deck table had changed to a very player-unfriendly $15 minimum, 6-5 blackjack pay-out, and only allow doubling down on 10 & 11. The blackjack dealers, who rotated frequently, were very friendly and cordial. I played for awhile, but started to lose so I decided to take a break for lunch.
I decided to eat lunch at Quail Run Cafe, and sat outside on the patio which overlooks the Alexander Valley. It was a beautiful day, and made for a very enjoyable and relaxing lunch. It was a million-dollar view!
All in all, the drive up and back was very beautiful, and I really enjoyed eating lunch on the patio. Would definitely consider a return visit based on these two advantages. However, I wouldn't drive up just to play blackjack.Written 26 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Geyserville
- The best day trips from Geyserville according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Custom Beer and Wine Tour of Sonoma and Napa from San Francisco
- Sonoma Luxury Wine Tour
- Custom Beer and Wine Tour of Sonoma and Napa from San Francisco