- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
29 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Check the website for what the they have for the kids. The night we went they had city works night for the kids to check out all the city trucks and tractors and how they work. Really nice to include kids in. Lots of food and locals selling things they have made. Just have to find parking and your in.Written 20 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You can’t get this type of experience shopping online!! You know...you walk into a brick and mortar store, you're greeted by a knowledgeable and fun person, and a cute doggy too!! You ask for advice, they help you get ideas...there is art there by local artists that inspires you. There are quotes posted here and there that inspire you...if you’re an artist and even if you just want to become one, this is your place to shop for supplies!!! Owner was so cool. Let’s keep stores like this thriving people!!!Written 14 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Whenever I'm in SLO this is my go to place for tea and sometimes breakfast. Bagels are the typical breakfast dish but their tea is always special. They have a good variety and know how to brew it properly.Written 15 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is right in the middle of downtown SLO .Lots of people ,music ,drinks,fresh fruits
and vegies you can shop . Its one of the best farmers markets Ive ever been to .
There is so much to do I could never list it all and the BBQ at mothers is the best pulled pork oh my ...Its to die for .....YOU MUST GO CHECK IT OUT .......Written 2 October 2019
- Beautiful art by local artists, the Gallery at the Netwoork closed, but two of the owners opened a new gallery 30 miles up the roadin Paso Robles, with several of the same artists. The new gallery is Park Street Gallery, a couple blocks off the square on old Paso.Written 11 February 2018
- Been coming here since the early 70's now I live here & stop by whenever I want to, just to reflect or prayWritten 8 January 2020
- Great ambiance and selection. The staff were very attentive and knowledgeable.
I recommend them highly on a tour of the area. They are also dog friendly and really love the setting!!Written 30 October 2021
- Great staff, willing to give samples. Knowledgeable and ok, I have lived in Europe for 27 years and the selection that they have is outstanding. Rare things like cheeses from Italy with Hay and Chestnut leaves (yum). My favorite was the Conte. But so many wonderful cheeses - and they have great french bread (before it sells out) and do buy the Cowgirl Creamery crackers to go with your cheese. I love this place.Written 6 June 2018
- I really like coming in here to browse the used vinyl suction, there is such a wide variety there. I wouldn't waste my money on buying any of the new stuff since I can get it for cheaper online. But to get a bargain on used vinyl, that which is in good shape, this is a great place to come. You can spend hours going through the racks of vinyl, there's a lot of stuff here to see.Written 9 February 2019
- Was visiting SLO and had to check out the local used book store. Wonderful collection and friendly folks. Highly recommend!Written 3 March 2020
- After dining at Kreuzberg Coffee for breakfast we walked down to the corner where this candy shop was. I’m a sucker for old fashioned looking candy and soda shops when we’re traveling.
This one was full and movie and tv nostalgia as well as candy from around the world. I was expecting a penny candy type place, but it was more of an 80s/90s childhood throwback.
The two gentleman working the shop were passionate about the films and candy represented in the shop. They also took time to explain all of the unique sodas they offer. Some include flavors of grass, butter, pickle juice, and bacon. I’m not that adventurous! I opted for one that had an image from Wizard of Oz on it. The flavor was cherry cola and it was great!
We also got some candy and gum we each remembered from our childhood. The store was fairly priced. It was a great little stop along our road-trip!Written 18 June 2019
- I visited here for the very interesting history associated with Ah Louis and for the architecture of this unique building, which remains largely as it was when built, outside and inside. The party events business inside also seems quite nice. We’re fortunate that this slice of history has been preserved. Stop by.Written 11 June 2018
- We stopped in here on a hot Sunday afternoon for gelato and were pleasantly surprised with all of their flavors and their flavored cones. Prices for gelato not bad at all. Candy is a bit pricey, but all candy stores are the same. The kids enjoyed picking out their own candy. They even had little movie theater chairs in the back where we sat and ate our gelato and ate candy while we watched “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”. Cute store and the girl behind the counter was sweet and let us sample as much as we wanted. I would definitely recommend this if you have a sweet tooth. 😊Written 22 September 2019
- My wife and I went here for the first time over the weekend and enjoyed it. We stayed longer than we thought we would and made several purchase we hadn’t planned on making. Their inventory has an eastern/new age flare, including jewelry, books, incense, candles, bath salts, a little clothing, and other decorative items. A fun stop with very friendly staff.Written 11 June 2018
- My was walking through the night market on Higuera St and needed a gift for my parents. They are starting to eat healthier. Saw We Olive and walked on in.
My cousin and I were the only ones in the store at the time. One of the workers, greeted us and asked if we wanted to try anything. She pointed us to some nice combinations of oil and balsamic. They have you try them in these little spoons. We tried multiple combinations but I stuck to my first one- Fresh Garlic Olive Oil from Sutter, CA and the Aged Balsamic Vinegar from Modena, Italy. There was a peach balsamic but it was a little too sweet for my taste. The bigger the bottle, the better the bargain. I purchased the medium sized glass bottle. 22 per bottle. I told her I was bringing it on the plane ride home. She was nice enough to pack the bottles with extra bubble wrap.
I ended up buying the bottles for myself and my cousin got 2 bottles for my parents. Looking forward to using them on my lunchtime salads.Written 21 February 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about San Luis Obispo
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in San Luis Obispo:See more budget-friendly shopping in San Luis Obispo on Tripadvisor