Top Attractions in Santa Maria
What travellers are saying
- Great place for the middle of your wine tour. The non-members food requirement is not a burden at all! I went by myself to check it out, and had great food with great views - all the way to The Pacific Ocean, with Orcutt in the foreground. Then, it was the 2nd stop for my birthday wine tour weekend. It was really windy that day. They combined the 2 reservations of 5ppl each into one reservation for 10ppl and put us in the board room. I was a bit worried that we would lose the view, but with floor-to-ceiling wall-to-wall windows, we got the view, no wind, great wine, great food and all together! Staff were great.Written 22 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We just saw native gardens this weekend at the theaterfest in Solvang. We thoroughly enjoyed the production but wanted to express these observations and comments. The show was a little difficult to understand in the beginning. There was loud background music that overshadowed the actors voices. I don’t believe the actors were wearing Microphones and it was hard to hear them. This background music I assume was meant to set a tone and ambience from each house but was very distracting. Things got better as the show progressed and we especially appreciated and enjoyed it during the second half after intermission. The storyline is quite timely, quirky and right on cue! We walked away with big smiles on our faces. PCPA always does a fantastic job, no matter what their production. We will come again and again.Written 22 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Friendly winery, located in a beautiful and remote corner of the hills. These days you have to make advance reservations, wear a mask inside, and taste outside. It's a fair way off the main road, drive slowly, you may see the resident coyote. I found the Sylvaner and Riesling wines interesting and tasty. The server let me choose the wines for the tasting flight. Hanging out in their garden, underneath the avocado tree, with a glass of wine and a view of the countryside is delightful.Written 29 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Several wineries have organized a website for this beautiful corner of California. The wines are good and diverse and the drive through the varied and mostly hilly landscape is lovely. Most of these places require advance reservations.Written 29 December 2021
- We did the Sideways self-wine tour this past weekend. And Foxen was our only five-star experience.
The staff was great... very knowledgeable on the wines, history of the winery and the area, and overall friendly.
We enjoyed tasting the wines at their inside bar and would go back if we're in the area again.
I appreciate the refillable bottles of water and glasses for us. Thanks for keeping us hydrated in an eco-friendly manner!!Written 6 September 2022
- Visited four wineries on a Friday and delighted that we ended our day here. I am a huge sparkling wine fan and these are some of the best I’ve ever had, especially the vintages that had some age on them. My friend had the traditional flight of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir and we both also walked away with a couple bottles of Pinot. Brad’s congenial and lighthearted service made for a wonderful late afternoon. Will definitely go back.Written 30 July 2021
- Good wine; good interaction with knowledgeable and pleasant person who served our flight; good views. Nice winery to include in your tour; and, yes, walked away with several bottles!Written 21 December 2019
- My grandkids love it! We have seven grandkids from 1 - 11 years old, and there was something for everyone to do. The craft room was a hit for the older ones, but I think they enjoy all the areas, maybe the airflow was the favorite. They hope to return next time they come for a visit.Written 14 October 2019
- I would have to say Los Flores Ranch is great fro hiking for all kinds of people, from the young at heart to the old.Written 20 May 2019
- This is not a large museum, but it is packed full of interesting information! Take time to look and read. The Docents are very helpful. I actually found a picture of my father who was an Instructor for Primary Training for the Army Air Corp through Hancock College of Aeronautics in Olancha, CA. That was exciting! There several real airplanes and thousands of models of various sizes of every kind of plane there has ever been. From the beginning of flight to the space age, even some space flight engines to see up close and personal.
They have a gift corner with mementos, build your own models and T-Shirts.
Some movies were filmed here with one of the hangars being built by Disney.
We enjoyed the time spent here!Written 17 February 2020
- Kenneth Volk Vineyards is a must stop for us in the area. They source varietals that are not found elsewhere. The tasting room is modest, but the wines are worth the trip. There is a nice outdoor area in the back if you want to bring a picnic lunch.Written 19 February 2020
- There's the usual resources and so much more. Check out a telescope, sewing machine, camera or occulus go virtual reality headset. Pick up some seeds to plant. Visit the Saturday maker space or monthly local history series. Take a computer class or visit the Shepard Hall art gallery. Have breakfast or lunch at Moxie Cafe and get a deal on a book, magazine or movie in the library bookstore. Have kids? The library has a ton of children's and teen programs.Written 23 September 2019
- The actual tasting room for Bien Nacido/Solomon Hills brands is in downtown Los Olivos, and this review covers that. Welcomed in on a slow weekday. Informative and really enjoyed all the wines. Bought some rose. Overall tasting price and wines themselves are fairly expensive, but a pleasant experience.Written 15 September 2019
- Had an amazing visit to Tres Herman’s! The tasting room has great shopping finds, the service was warm and welcoming, and wine so divine. We very much enjoyed our visit and conversation with Bev and Paulette! Thank you ladies!!Written 31 May 2018
- Great little small town historical museum. Docents have personal stories about the pioneer families. They even have a saber toothed tiger and a letter signed by Lincoln! Oh, it was cool on a hot day!Written 7 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Santa Maria
- The best outdoor activities in Santa Maria according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Santa Maria on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Santa Maria with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Santa Maria on Tripadvisor