- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Algunas tiendas buenas con buenos precios. Otras muy costosas y mala atención o cerradas. Buen sitio para artesanias de calidad. Most of the Shops were very nice specially the handycrafts.
BUT the transportation service from the hotel is EXTREMELY expensive. No wonder people prefer not to get out of the hotel.
I belive if the Dominicans REALLY want to compete against other turistic destinations, they have to take control over this issue.
IMPERATIVO que los dominicanos solucionen el tema de transporte para los turistas. Básicamente cobran segun la cara. Ningun orden, poco servicioWritten 19 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- amazing for picking up food / drink / cigars -- good selection and price is less than 50% than you would pay at a resort or even at the Don Lucas store for some things. There's a grocery store in the mall as well as a all-purpose store called 'JUMBO' nearby. The mall itself is nothing special, but such a better deal than any resort or duty free at airport. We paid 25 USD for a taxi, but made it back in the savings on bottles of rum, etc.Written 5 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We bought a bunch of souvenirs here. A little pricey but negotiatable. They will take American dollars but be mindful they won't have changeWritten 31 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- this felt more modernized. I go to see the people and the culture, this was just like shopping at homeWritten 4 September 2019
- The best massage I ever had (and I had two). My husband and I each had massages, I went back for a second, with Nancy and Ani. I was very stiff and sore from traveling with a back issue and I felt great afterwards. The prices are very reasonable and the women only get a % of the massage price so be sure to tip them generously.
I didn’t love the high pressure sales of souvenirs when I went to pay but I’m a sucker in that way and have trouble saying no. With a big of persistence I was able to pay and leave without buying anything.
If I am ever back in the area I will most definitely be back for another massage.Written 1 February 2023
- Pretty large market just outside 4 resorts. It was a 20 minute walk from the Riu Republica so no need to take a cab. Has the typical trinket souvenirs but also sells cigars and some Dominican rum like Barcelo Imperial for $25US, which is why I give it 3/5 instead of 2/5. There are about 2 dozen stores but they all sell the same product and be ready for some very pushy sales. If you can't deal with that, don't go. If you love to haggle, this was made for you.Written 18 March 2020
- We toured Don Lucas Cigars on our recent visit to Punta Cana. It's a great little tour of their cigar rolling plant, but more importantly, they make some really, really good cigars! It's not just a 'tourist trap' - if you like cigars, check this place out. If you want to buy cigars in the DR, don't go to one of the cigar shops in-town, come here!Written 30 January 2023
- Sponsored by hotels. Suggested by the concierge at the Impressive Resort &Spa. Free transportation to and from by the hotel shuttle. This shuttle is shared by many resorts, so expect to be part of a milk run in both directions. They tell you your pick-up will be there when your group is ready to get back. Wrong. Expect more than an hour wait to be picked up. On site we were told we would find a large variety of boutiques at reasonable prices. Besides the rhum selection, and the cigar shop where you can purchase some local made at a reasonable cost, the rest is either souvenirs at hotel prices, or low end clothing. Better to just get a taxi and go to the Blue Mall. AVOID the BellaMare trap - this cost us half a day of precious vacation time for nothing in return.Written 3 April 2019
- Shopped in Punta Cana At The Majestic Resort. Dago personally delivered my ring to me....after resizing...
Beautiful Larimar jewelry.Written 22 March 2020
- Go see Danila! She gave me an experience that was far above anything I can explain. So much care and love. I would have went to her all of the days of my trip however she one worked one of the day I was here. My second person was Linda.... she was ok, not as good as Danila, but still got the job done. Be careful of the store portion, the owner begged me to buy every darn thing, then gave me American prices... no prices were marked smh. I wanted to shop but didnt want to negotiate, so I left with only a massage.Written 22 December 2022
- Thank you very much for the service provided!
I bought sim card for 5 days for 4USD, which is really cheap and it worked well over the whole vacation.
Also, thank you for all the souvenirs (Juana mama, coconut, etc).
Perfect!Written 18 March 2020
- If you're a cigar smoker then this is the place to go! Very friendly and knowledgeable owners but more importantly their cigars are fantastic! They roll their own on site and I'd highly recommend trying them. They also sell branded cigars at a reasonable price and everything in the shop is clearly priced so no need for haggling!Written 27 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about La Altagracia Province
- These experiences are best for shopping in La Altagracia Province:
- Shopping Tour In Don Lucas Cigar Factory, Rum tasting, Cocoa factory, Souvenirs
- Don Lucas Cigar Factory and Store - Guided Tour, Round trip transportation
- Cultural Day Altos de Chavón - Higuey experiences
- Free Shopping Tour in Punta Cana (Free Round Trip Transportation)
- Photographer in Punta Cana, Dominican republic
- These are the most romantic places for shopping in La Altagracia Province:See more romantic shopping in La Altagracia Province on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for shopping in La Altagracia Province:See more hidden gem shopping in La Altagracia Province on Tripadvisor