Nature & Wildlife Areas • Zoos
Popular things to do
Top Attractions in West Palm Beach
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- An amazing display of wildlife. You can tell the staff truly love and care for these animals. Our guide Jeremy was outstanding. We'll worth the reasonable price of admission. A must see for all animal loversWritten 28 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are in West Palm Beach and looking for something creative to do, The Norton Museum of Art is worth the visit. If you are a student, senior citizen or a resident the prices are so much better! They offer a ton exhibits, when I was in town they had a small Chihuly glass exhibit. Some of my favorite exhibits and are current as of Jan 2022;
A Personal View on High Fashion & Street Style:
Photographs from the Nicola Erni Collection, 1930s to Now.
THROUGH FEBRUARY 12, 2023
Joseph Stella: Visionary Nature
THROUGH JANUARY 15, 2023
Special Guest: Beaching the Boat (Afternoon Light) A Masterpiece by Joaquín Sorolla y Bastida
THROUGH JUNE 25, 2023
Project Room | American Collection, New York Mural by Stuart Davis
THROUGH APRIL 16, 2023
Henry Ossawa Tanner: Intimate Pictures
THROUGH MARCH 19, 2023
About: The Museum's permanent collection now consists of more than 8,200 works in five curatorial departments: European, American, Chinese, Contemporary and Photography. Since 1954, many distinguished additions have been made thanks to the endowment Mr. Norton created for the purchase of works of art. They include masterpieces such as Stuart Davis's New York Mural (acquired in 1964), and Jackson Pollock's Night Mist (acquired in 1971).
Also it should be noted because I was with my mother-in-law who can't stand for a long time, we requested a wheel chair, the staff was more than accommodating! Oh and its first come, first serve so be there early! Lastly, expect to spend a few hours here and their is an onsite restaurant.Written 14 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- great place to walk, sit with friends, have a icecream, so beautiful and fun! I can't wait to go back there!Written 29 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Zoo is magnificent. Animals are well taken care of given plenty of space. Zoo is well shaded and walkable. We did a Sloth Experience that was outstanding. Kids got to hold and feed the Sloth. It was a 30 minute experience that I would recommend. Offer experiences with 4 other animals. Have been to many zoos with grandchildren this was up there with all of them.Written 20 December 2022
- Great for a quick stop! Definitely worth it since it was free. Saw about a dozen manatees and learned some things about them too.Written 22 January 2023
- We happen to be in West Palm Beach at Christmas was able to go view Sandi Tree. The night we planned on going it was raining so we went next morning and had the place pretty much to ourselves. The work that goes into the design the 35’ high tree out of sand and the various sand sculpture around the area is worth take the time to see. We also liked the various photo opt cut outs. It was enjoyable just to walk along the waterfront.Written 19 January 2023
- This 40 years old garden is like a tropical oasis located in the city of West Palm Beach, but the only noise that will remind you of that is the planes landing in the adjacent airport.
It’s a vast garden (16 acres), so you can easily spend a few hours in there. Among all the plants and vegetation (all of them labeled with their names) there are also an herbs’ garden, a “zen” area, a pond with fish and turtles that you can feed (you purchase the bag of food for $1 at the entrance), and a nursery that sells plants.
It’s a great place to go to relax (even during the hot summer), and a perfect one for photography.
The second Saturday of the month, Palm Beach Residents enter for free: we will surely take advantage of that above all during the winter, and we will also keep an eye on the special event, activities and exhibits that the garden offers from time to time.Written 5 August 2022
- We have been coming here on a regular basis ever since we moved in the area over 20 years ago, and it will never bore us!
The variety of amenities in this park is astonishing to say the least.
The only thing you won’t find here is a basketball court, but other than that I don’t think you can ask for more activities to be offered.
There is an equestrian center, a public golf course, baseball fields, soccer fields (which you can’t use without a permit though: the Village Park Athletics Complex in Wellington is a better choice for soccer play), tennis fields including now several pickle ball fields (always crowded) and a volleyball field on grass.
There is also a BMX track, a water ski lake, a Shark Park on a separate lake (where you can enjoy cable watersports) and a place where you can kayak/canoe (you can bring your own or rent the equipment there).
You can also just walk, bike (which you can also rent), skate or play disc golf throughout the entire park. Or you can enjoy and exercise on the 1 mile trail with 20 stations. If that’s not enough options for walking, you can visit the nature center!
In some parts you can also fish, and both your dogs and kids have their own playgrounds!
There are also many picnic shelters and pavilions throughout the park, and the best part: there is no entrance fee!!
We consider ourselves very lucky to live close to this HUGE and beautiful park!Written 11 August 2021
- This was my first visit and I would highly recommend it if you enjoy looking at tropical gardens and large sculptures. Special piece of West Palm history. I visited during the Bradley Theodore exhibit which was enjoyable. Great activity on a beautiful day.Written 28 May 2022
- Bounty of restaurants to choose from in Downtown West Palm. Downfall is obvious: the parking. And there is a fee. Wish Clematis had at least a few boutique clothing stores, but we go to City Place for that anyway so no biggie. Overall, we always make it a nice, enjoyable outing when visiting there.Written 24 April 2022
- We were a small group of women and arranged for a docent in advance of our visit. The gardens are beautiful and the docent was terrific! Early morning of later after noon is best for photography.Written 19 November 2022
- The absolute best way to view and interact with the city of West Palm Beach. Tons of options for food, knick-knacks, and wonderful memorabilia.Written 21 December 2022
- Great venue in beautiful West Palm. We really enjoyed the show that we booked.
My Mother is Italian, My Father is Jewish and I am in Therapy.
We were in the smaller theater which has cheap looking and cheap feeling seats. It is a nice enough theater but for the price, put in some nice theater style seating.
It is also the dated side.
The large theater looks beautiful and we can't wait to go back next week to see another show.Written 25 December 2021
- Excellent local business with lovely and unique art. Rolando is a West Palm Beach treasure. We are lucky to have him.Written 7 August 2022
- There are great deals to be found here! I was on vacation, so I could not buy too much stuff, but I did get a pair of shoes and some shorts. I really liked the layout of the outlets and the selection.Written 7 March 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about West Palm Beach
- The best day trips from West Palm Beach according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Lake Okeechobee Fishing Trips Near Fort Pierce Florida
- Jupiter Inshore Fishing Charters
- All Day Lake Okeechobee Fishing Trip near Fort Pierce
- The most popular things to do in West Palm Beach with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- McCarthy's Wildlife
- Cruisin’ Tikis West Palm Beach
- Airboat Rides West Palm Beach
- My Islands Adventure Fishing Charter and Peanut Island Snorkeling
- Diva Duck Amphibious Tours
West Palm Beach Attractions Information
|Local Time||Sunday 9:55 AM|