- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
68 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Weather permitting, this place is great for splashing, swinging, sliding, climbing, and then some. Plenty of spaces to sit quietly as we watched our son enjoy the facilities and other children and adults alike.Written 23 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place is amazing!! The staff is always friendly and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area! The coffee is free and always fresh. I highly recommend for anyone traveling or just stopping by for some friendly conversation and a cup of coffee!!!Written 13 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is really beautiful out here. The boat slip was no cool and we saw a bunch of boating activities for folks here. It is paved and has benches on the dock on both sides where you can sit when you are fishing from the dock.Written 3 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stayed at the Golden Nugget twice within the last month. Both times for concerts one there, and one in Baton Rouge (long drive but it was the weekend of the LSU game).
Rooms are nice, very clean, not luxurious but comfortable and tasteful. We stayed two nights this last time with one night comped. My complaints- service and food related. One late night option, the Claim Jumper Grill had the worst pizza and club sandwich imaginable. Another night, Lillie’s served me lukewarm won ton soup. And why they don’t have another option for tea/coffee besides Starbucks I’ll never know. I had to wait in a loooong line twice on a Saturday morning. We also bought chocolates and two macarons and I had to throw my macarons away. I swear they were old. And stale. Lastly, I asked a lady who looked as if she was a supervisor of some kind where the cashier was in the casino. I had walked to the 24 Select desk by mistake, and when I was looking around she walked by. When I politely asked she never broke stride and sort of halfway pointed. I said I’m sorry where is it? And again as she was still walking away pointed vaguely. Wow. I didn’t realize it was such an imposition to ask a question. Fertitta, I think you can do better than this.Written 22 October 2022
- Great tap and mix drink selection! I did the sample; all 4 beers were amazing! The bistro has good food! The pizza was popular, but I did the classic burger…winner! Will definitely be back; hopefully with friends!Written 5 February 2022
- museum is closed for remodel, but the tree is amazing to see. 375 years old and still growing. They have a small bench and table to sit under the tree.Written 5 August 2020
- So much fun seeing mardis gras costumes. All so beautiful and learn of their history.there is even a room where you can try on masks and headdress taking all the pictures you wantWritten 15 April 2020
- A wonderful place to experience the outdoors. The trails were marked well and we were able to experience the swamp ecosystem without getting muddy or wet.Written 16 February 2020
- Very nice. My father was a military man and so is my husband. This was so humbling. I took pictures to show our American legion post at home. Thank you so much for this patriotic display. It started raining and I couldn’t get any more pictures.Written 30 June 2022
- Has a nice board walk area along the lake, lots of ducks, piers to fish from, picnic tables and lots of trees.Written 5 August 2020
- The room as great, they had the games I wanted to play, drink service was good.food there was real good even at the sandwich shop.Written 30 July 2022
- We visited because it was rainy. Our expectations weren't high based on reviews and the size of the town. So we were pleasantly surprised at the number and quality of exhibits. I think there was a birthday party so the first floor was chaotic while we were there. But we loved the second floor which wasn't so busy. The first floor looked more appealing on the way out, so I recommend going upstairs and coming back later in your visit if the first floor is full of screaming wild children.Written 28 November 2019
- 3 floors of art and history. Local artist have donated and loaned works due to hurricane Ida damage.
Staff was great, bathrooms are clean.
We enjoyed also walking the Pujo and Kirby historic home trail which is about 8 blocks up and 8 back.Written 29 January 2022
- This is a beautiful place to drive through if you're wanting to just go site seeing. I've driven through many times an never get tired of seeing it again. They just built a new house I want to go see now that it is finished. Those old homes have been around for a long time.Written 2 April 2021
- It was nice and clean. Was surprised that they had concessions during graduation ceremonies but that was a nice added touch. The ceremony went on without a hitch.Written 1 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Lake Charles