- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
91 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 91
What travellers are saying
- We stayed at the Chatham Inn that was a short 5 min walk to the beach. I don't think there were more than 50 people on the beach and it was a picture perfect 80 degree day. If you want a quiet stretch of sand to read a book and enjoy the day...this is it.Written 29 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Monomoy is lovely and unspoiled but erosion and changes make it harder to enjoy. Paths down from the visitors parking are all closed and the whole forest on the edge of the site is cut down. The bathrooms with running water are gone and pit toilets are for use. To access, walk out of entry road and turn left into private neighborhood with assurance right of way will be granted. Walk to house #231 and marked dirt path down hill will take you to beach and water. The large blue 231 is gone and the number is on opposite side of mail box in crayon. As always, careful of vast amounts of poison ivy and ticks in all grass.Written 20 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a great opportunity to see a real working lighthouse and a good location to overlook or go down to the beach.Written 12 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband and I journeyed by bike to Chatham on the Cape Cod Rail Trail. I saw this museum listed on TripAdvisor and was curious. As we discovered, its number one rating is well earned. We arrived at the museum about 45 minutes prior to close. We were delightedly welcomed by Kevin, Gay and Corliss. Everyone was so kind to us. It felt like we got a private tour. Corliss introduced us to the volunteer staff and made sure we were getting to the highlights in the limited time. Kevin was very knowledgeable about the display of Stallknecht murals. He helped us understand the collection with great storytelling peppered by some of our questions. Gay led just the 2 of us through the mansion. She was delightful and the stories really brought the place to life. I don’t think I can say enough about their hospitality. I highly recommend this tour for singles, couples, and families. The museum has some curious pieces that will even have the kids interested as well as some really beautiful and unusual antique items. The topper of the story was they gave us tickets to return on another day since our time was so short. We did so and were happy to have time to read the explanations and stories that accompany the displays. The volunteer staff is excellent and so interested in sharing the local history.Written 28 September 2022
- Went to this beach twice and found it to be very nice, two parking lots, one with a bathroom facility near, long beach, some seaweed, water was warm, some waves but not strong, and sand is very nice. Found people to be laid back, attendants at gate were friendly and easy going. Only thing is it is very windy and that helped cool us down but our most sturdy canopy cracked under the wind. Fun to watch the wind surfers in the water at a distance. Some nice seashells too if you like collecting shells on the beach while walking.Written 4 August 2022
- This was put first visit - staff were very friendly and helpful. Exhibits were interactive and visual. Really good for kids. We learned a few things. Would recommend for families. Took about 45 minutes to see everything.Written 28 August 2022
- We were lucky to be there on Wednesday with guides that explained how the windmill worked both inside and out. Fascinating. Several generations of families were millers. Residents would bring their corn, have the Miller grind it and pay 1/6 of the meal for the service. If you can time it to be there when the mill is actually running, that would be a doubly interesting experience.Written 4 August 2022
- Small beach but tons of fun! Lifeguard on watch. Swimming allowed (but no boogie boarding - sorry). There are two docks for intrepid young swimmers to reach during low tide. Free parking lot but also small.Written 7 August 2022
- Very nice beach and great weather for July 2022.
There was a lot of seaweed which was unusual per the lifeguard.
Snack bar had great food and there was portable restrooms.Written 14 July 2022
- Not to be missed! As complete outsiders it was interesting to listen to and watch and the audience participation. It’s a true institution in the area and a pleasure to have witnessed this special event.Written 5 September 2019
- Clearly and old library located right in the center of town. Just nice to walk through and feel like you are stepping back in time.
Lovely staff!Written 29 April 2019
- I love how conveniently located this market is. Right next to CVS, I am a frequent visitor of this grocery store, especially since I love to cook. The produce is always fresh and high quality. All of the employees are welcoming and very helpful. It is within walking distance to the downtown area as well as Oyster Pond. You get what you pay for here. They are shooting for quality and not quantity. Try the fresh baked pretzel rolls, they're amazing.Written 9 December 2018
- Being train buffs we always look for quaint museums and this is one of them. Located in the old station it has small artifacts that are well displayed. Entrance is free and donations accepted.Written 13 June 2019
- Lovely local work by local artist. Caring staff and rotating events and book signings. Will ship any purchase.Written 17 July 2021
- We were visiting the village of Chatham and wanted information on what we shouldn’t miss. Stopped by the little building in the village shopping area and a wonderful man named Greg…(unsure of his last name) was SO personable and helpful with suggestions!Written 20 July 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Chatham