Vreta Kloster Attractions
Top Things to Do in Vreta Kloster, Sweden
Things to Do in Vreta Kloster
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- I have seen a number of "slussar" (water locks) but what makes this a special one is that it is a series of locks so it is really fun to watch the people in their boats and how they patiently wait for their turn to pass by the 4-5 locks after each other. Fifteen minutes to watch them, then move on to next itinerary. Unless you decide to enjoy some mini-golf in the same area.Written 7 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a rainy day when we were to go to Vreta Kloster and Ruins. We ended up in wrong church first, and the map in the mobile phone was not working well and was leading us to another place again. I was ready to give up, but I am glad my partner did not. When we finally saw the Vreta "Kloster" area, it was still raining and we started with the "Klosterhus". Withs its well-written historical information and ruins collection, we started to like the place.
Then we walked to the church ruins. Still drizzling, we walked with our umbrellas from one ruin written description to another. One can almost imagine how it was in 1100's, for example, where the dormitory of the nuns, the kitchen, the water source came from, the toilets. The descriptions were well formulated and it makes the "imagining" part easier.
The third area we visited is the church. With well-described signs and they have guide papers in three languages and a staff who is willing to give a guided tour, too. We spent some time inside the church because of the interesting stories associated with Silke, Magnus Nilsson, Gen Douglas, among others. There is a small museum, too.
In general, if you like history and stories, Vreta Kloster Kyrka och Ruiner is definitely a worth to visit place.Written 7 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The museum comprises two rooms, each containing different collections.
The first displays historic motorboats, from leisurecraft to racing machines, together with an outboard engine collection going back to their origins plus a few internal boat engines.
The second room contains toy cars, trains, boats, aircraft, dolls and books going back 50 years or more. The model railway lay-outs are quite big and detailed with accessories, and the model cars come from Dinky, Corgi, Matchbox as well as others from Germany, France, Spain and other countries.
Don't miss this if you are on the Göta Kanal or visiting nearby Linköping!Written 2 August 2014This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Me and my friends from Stockholm decided to go on a day cruise with MS Ceres, after recommendation from relatives to one of the friends. Great treatment from the deck and check-in personell on arrival. Nice and well-skilled tablewarers, even if they had a lot to do. The food was really good. Nice with a varied meny, as me and my friends have different taste. Clean and sweet-smelling toilets. Old boat but in really good condition. One could see that it has been restored. Really beautiful environment alongside the canal. The sun was shining and we could see lockagages with beer in our hands. It was like a theatrical stage to see the decksmen in well inter-action with the skipper descending us down to Berg. Much experience for a low amount of money! There is really nothing to complain about. Five strong stars from me and my friends!Written 5 August 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Vreta Kloster
- The top attractions to visit in Vreta Kloster are: See all attractions in Vreta Kloster on Tripadvisor
Vreta Kloster Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 2:02 pm|