Top Attractions in Chalchuapa
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We stopped here while staying in nearby Concepcion de Ataco. Some parts are closed because they’re being renovated.
Tours are provided by volunteer tour guides. The guide we had was very good and spoke great English. The tour lasted about 30 minutes and was very informative.
It’s not a major site but it’s definitely worthwhile if you’re in the area.Written 26 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Carola and her family manage this private plantation/farm where they have happened to have found Mayan Ruins. The care and love they give to the preservation of those artifacts is inspiring.
Since this is private land there are many place that have yet to be excavated so with a bit of luck you may be one of the people that finds a Maya artifact just beneath the surface of the dirt while exploring the site.
No joke this place made me feel like Indiana Jones, like I was seconds away from making a discovery myself.
If I could afford it I would move to El Salvador and work for Carola and her family as a tour guide.Written 15 May 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Despite this being only a short walk from Tazumal, this site was way quieter which I really don't understand - it's just as interesting. It has an excellent little museum explaining the history of the site, and the park itself includes six smaller pyramids set in a beautiful, tree-lined setting.Written 30 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Chalchuapa
- The best day trips from Chalchuapa according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Maya Route Tour | El Salvador Mayan Sites including Joya de Cerén
- 2 Different Sightseeing in 1 Day Tour - Volcanoes Park and Two Mayan Sites.
- Maya Ruins in El Salvador : Joya de Ceren, San Andres, Tazumal, Chalchuapa, Lake
- Shore Excursion from Acajutla: Tazumal Maya Ruins, Casablanca and Santa Ana
- Full-Day El Salvador Archaeological Route Exploration
Chalchuapa Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 9:02 am|